Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Butters and Pepper

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This thread has probably been done on here, but I thought I'd do an updated 2023 version

(Moderators - please merge if applicable).

Kim Watkins (ex-morning show host)

Matthew Krok

Don Bourke (lol)

Agro/Jamie Dunn

Fairlie Arrow

The Paxtons from ACA

Gary Sweet

Donna Gubbay

George Donikian

Anne Fullwood

Sandra Sully

Shane Bourne

Mike Munro

Kim Hughes

Greg Ritchie

(I was going to add Russell Gilbert but I am aware of his sad personal circumstances, and I hope he's doing well now).

Why these particular names?

No particular reason, they were names of people who came into my head who were relatively prominent at one stage, but we don't really see or hear much about them these days.

Kim Hughes still does cricket commentary for the ABC and he also does a regular ABC sports talkback segment here in WA so he's still quite prominent.

Greg Ritchie still does some media work but I think he's retired his Mahatma Cote character as it would be seen as offensive to the woke brigade now.

Yeah, it was sad to hear about Hughes problems with alcohol.

Was recently watching a video of him batting in a Test match in late 70s when he was out for 99. He was a very entertaining batsman when in full flight.

I wonder how much his tearful resignation - and events surrounding it - affected him in latter years.

Still on cricket, if someone told me 10 years ago that Dean Jones, Warne, Max Walker, Rod Marsh, Andrew Symonds and Martin Crowe all wouldn't be with us in 2023, I simply wouldn't have believed it.

This thread has probably been done on here, but I thought I'd do an updated 2023 version

(Moderators - please merge if applicable).

Kim Watkins (ex-morning show host)

Matthew Krok

Don Bourke (lol)

Agro/Jamie Dunn

Fairlie Arrow

The Paxtons from ACA

Gary Sweet

Donna Gubbay

George Donikian

Anne Fullwood

Sandra Sully

Shane Bourne

Mike Munro

Kim Hughes

Greg Ritchie

(I was going to add Russell Gilbert but I am aware of his sad personal circumstances, and I hope he's doing well now).

If I can add some more names:

Susie Wilks.
Rob Elliott.
Alyssa-Jane Cook.
Neil Inall.
Tony Johnston.
Pascall Fox.
Matt Lee.
Helen Richey.
Janelle Bloom.
Monte Dwyer.

I saw the name Marco Paparone pop up on the main board this week... there's an AFL player I haven't thought about for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Louis Shelton. Legendary session guitarist that played on hundreds of hits including 'I Want You Back' and 'ABC' by the Jackson 5, 'Last Train to Clarksville' by the Monkees, Hello by Lionel Richie. Guys like him get no writing credits but are responsible for some of the most iconic songs in history.

He's living and working on the Gold Coast now.

Louis Shelton. Legendary session guitarist that played on hundreds of hits including 'I Want You Back' and 'ABC' by the Jackson 5, 'Last Train to Clarksville' by the Monkees, Hello by Lionel Richie. Guys like him get no writing credits but are responsible for some of the most iconic songs in history.

He's living and working on the Gold Coast now.

Great musicians those session players, you’d have to be very versatile of course.

If I can add some more names:

Susie Wilks.
Rob Elliott.
Alyssa-Jane Cook.
Neil Inall.
Tony Johnston.
Pascall Fox.
Matt Lee.
Helen Richey.
Janelle Bloom.
Monte Dwyer.
A lot of 90s people there I haven't heard anything about for a long time.

Was Helen Richey the judge on Dancing with The Stars?

Pascal Fox I tried googling, looks like she's done no tv for about 20 years. I assume she and many others are now just doing some normal type of job.

Pascal Fox I tried googling, looks like she's done no tv for about 20 years. I assume she and many others are now just doing some normal type of job.

someone posted in a reddit thread, that they saw her name in court listing for March last year, its paywalled so i cant check it

Kim Hughes still does cricket commentary for the ABC and he also does a regular ABC sports talkback segment here in WA so he's still quite prominent.

Greg Ritchie still does some media work but I think he's retired his Mahatma Cote character as it would be seen as offensive to the woke brigade now.

More than fact it was funny as cot death and not so much the woke brigade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back