Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:

In: Grundy (pies pay 300k a year) and Henry

Out: Mitchell and pick 24

Mitchell and our 2nd (for Henry)
Some discrepancy of expectation here. :cool:

(Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle. Mitchell + 24 is too much for Henry, nowhere near enough for Henry and Grundy)

Some discrepancy of expectation here. :cool:

(Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle. Mitchell + 24 is too much for Henry, nowhere near enough for Henry and Grundy)

If Jackson stays, we may very well be the only realistic suitor for Grundy however.

Pretty much pies off-season depends on moving him. Saints are right there for JDG if Pies can't find 750k +.

Even with Pies paying some, it's a bloody long contract for a ruckman that was well below their best in 2021 and has barely played this year due to injury. Five more years.

Last edited:
Why would the Pies let Henry go?
Kruger and Browne.

If they unchained Grundy and had the cash to keep de goey and got McStay then Henry would be surplus to their needs which at this stage would be midfield so Tom for Henry seems reasonable (with a pick swap)

If Jackson stays, we may very well be the only realistic suitor for Grundy however.

Pretty much pies off-season depends on moving him. Saints are right there for JDG if Pies can't find 750k +.

Even with Pies paying some, it's a bloody long contract for a ruckman that's barely played this year due to injury. Five more years.
Some perspective

pies problems.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruger and Browne.

If they unchained Grundy and had the cash to keep de goey and got McStay then Henry would be surplus to their needs which at this stage would be midfield so Tom for Henry seems reasonable (with a pick swap)
I can guarantee you they want to keep Henry over either of the Brown boys or Kreuger

I could live with a straight swap Henry for Mitchell. Not sure we need to add anything more considering Tom could still go 4-5 years and structurally is very useful to Collingwood.

Ollie Henry is requesting a trade. Hawthorn one of the clubs that are linked to him now. What a get that would be in our forward line. How can we get this trade done?
Where has this been reported or posted?

Please don’t tell me you’re rehashing something from a Facebook/Instagram page?

I could live with a straight swap Henry for Mitchell. Not sure we need to add anything more considering Tom could still go 4-5 years and structurally is very useful to Collingwood.
Mitchell could also be done in 2-3 years...

I am sorry but a 30 year old Mitchell does not have as much value as 20 year old kid that has show he belongs at AFL level. Not a finished product but he has talent.

Mitchell could also be done in 2-3 years...

I am sorry but a 30 year old Mitchell does not have as much value as 20 year old kid that has show he belongs at AFL level. Not a finished product but he has talent.
Collingwood have form with their previous trade of a young Taylor Adams from GWS (who has shown more than Henry has at this stage) in a direct swap for Heath Shaw.

I think a direct swap is spot on. Maybe we chip in a bit of coin as a sweetner but can't compromise our draft hand over it.

This hasn't been reported anywhere outside of a Collingwood fan page so I would wait until something more concrete is reported, however there is no way known that they would do a straight swap for Tom Mitchell at the stages of their careers.

I would think if the framework was around Mitchell then there would need to be a second included going to Collingwood. For all the reasons people in here are wanting to trade Mitchell away and want Henry in would be why the Pies wouldnt do a straight swap.

If their cap is as big a mess as the media are reporting then you might be able to get him cheaper but young players like him arent thrown away to bring in a guy who is on more money that might have some of it paid for them

Collingwood have form with their previous trade of a young Taylor Adams from GWS (who has shown more than Henry has at this stage) in a direct swap for Heath Shaw.

I think a direct swap is spot on. Maybe we chip in a bit of coin as a sweetner but can't compromise our draft hand over it.

The Adams trade was the other way though - the Pies bringing in the young player while sending off the older one.

I would be happy with a direct Mitchell for O.Henry trade. There are problems when looking for ways to sweeten the deal though:
  • Collingwood don't have a 2nd rounder or 4th rounder this year, and their two third round picks are before ours, so a pick swap is hard.
  • We want to keep our 4th rounder just in case a bid comes for Lawrence this year (hopefully we can just use a rookie or '5th round' pick to get him on the list)
  • We don't want to get rid of any future picks due to needing to store points to match a bid for McCabe

If the Grundy possibility does go ahead, then we'd need to throw in a lot more obviously, and potentially not have Collingwood pay much of his Salary (if any).

We need quality young players, whether they come through the draft or trade. I am okay with losing a 2nd for a player the quality of Henry.

I think his worth is a very late first or early 2nd, i do not believe Mitchell is worth that currently. If Mitchell is the main piece of a Henry trade we absolutely have to add more to the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back