Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we paying JOM's salary? It's not like we don't have the salary cap room to keep him. Both JOM and Mitchell's picks that are being discussed as fair are really underwhelming...we need experienced bodies. Oh well...I guess Sam really wants to turn the page.

Why are we paying JOM's salary? It's not like we don't have the salary cap room to keep him. Both JOM and Mitchell's picks that are being discussed as fair are really underwhelming...we need experienced bodies. Oh well...I guess Sam really wants to turn the page.

If we don’t offer JOM’s salary to the other side involved we’d be lucky to get a 3rd round pick - that’s why.

There’s only a handful of players in the comp that are capable of physically overwhelming likes of duke, nash and worpel but on and off field leadership etc is critical.

LEAKED CONTENT
Re-enactment of the Bowes pursuit

Cast:
Austin Powers - Chris Scott
Liz Hurley - Patrick Dangerfield
Christian Slater - Jack Bowes

The worst outcome would be Meek and 44 for O'Meara. Questions will be asked if we accept that deal.

We don't need to move JOM on unless it's for something that really benefits us. That trade doesn't.
💯
JOM only goes to improve our draft hand.
44 is an improvement for Dan Howe.
It's not for Jags.

20ish or I prefer he stays.

Hmmm, I guess with Gunston, Mitchell and O’Meara (potentially) going, the next captain is locked in. Welcome James Sicily.

I still think O’Meara would have been a good skipper.

The PLAYERS voted for Stratton. I still can’t believe that decision when we had O’meara, Big Boy and Gunston chomping at the bit for a crack at it.

Part of me really wants JOM to stay - he would be a great candidate for captain and has shown to be a flexible player around the ground and up forward.

I’d think you can hold firm unless the offer is good. 40+ picks are worthless to us at this point, as I doubt we will use them all.

More chance of me being made skipper than Jom now, even if he does a back flip and stays.

The only reason we must be trying to move both Jom and Mitchell now is that Sam does not see a future for either of them, and it’s move them now why we can get something or let them walk next year and get nothing .

💯
JOM only goes to improve our draft hand.
44 is an improvement for Dan Howe.
It's not for Jags.

20ish or I prefer he stays.
The melts on this are astounding. Everything I've seen has been that we let JOM go + a part of salary to get a first round pick.
I think GWS will be the only one who offers that.

I think we're into Meek but we won't want to package that into the JOM deal, since that is about the pick, not about any other collateral. Our aim is pretty clearly to get a first round pick AND Meek if possible. The fact the JOM deal only materialised when it looked like someone was willing to offer that first round pick shows to me that we have a pretty clear valuation of what we'd accept in mind .

Thats just wrong though.

Freo can't come knocking with a 4 (or 5) year offer for JOM and then expect to offer a 3rd round to get it done - that is crazy talk.

Collingwood are offering a 3rd round pick for Mitchell who is worth more on paper. It doesn’t matter what the offer is - this isn’t free agency compo. Freo aren’t going to offer us a higher pick unless we kick in salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason we must be trying to move both Jom and Mitchell now is that Sam does not see a future for either of them, and it’s move them now why we can get something or let them walk next year and get nothing .

I don't think we were actually trying to move O'meara on this year mate. This only materlised late when GWS approached us.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we take whatever is offered for O'Meara.

Needs to be a quality pick, or just stick to script and he plays high-half forward/mid in 2023.

Collingwood are offering a 3rd round pick for Mitchell who is worth more on paper. It doesn’t matter what the offer is - this isn’t free agency compo. Freo aren’t going to offer us a higher pick unless we kick in salary.

Players are worth what other clubs are willing to offer for them - not what supporters think they are.

If we offered a first round pick for a 29yo with medium output, even with the other club offering to pay 30% of salary I'd be upset - this is an amazing deal for us all things considered. Realistically a late second rounder is about his actual worth.

Similarly Mitchell - a mid second rounder is about what he's worth on the market since he's not a gamebreaking mid, but he is a dependable solid role player.

I have it on good authority from a very reliable source (meaning my gut feel before a morning dump) that JoM won’t be going anywhere and neither will Mitch.

There’s only a handful of players in the comp that are capable of physically overwhelming likes of duke, nash and worpel but on and off field leadership etc is critical.
I'm far from sold on Worpel or Nash...we have very limited mid-field depth and moving on two of our best seems counter intuitive at best and negligent at worst...

A lot clearer. if we traded JoM and ToM to the club this year with Amon, I’d imagine the vast majority of the board will be saying what a great success. Sometimes what you’re looking for is right under your nose.
Your lips?

Are you looking for your lips?

Am I the only one who’s excited by what we are doing? Yes it would’ve been better if it happened last year but I back Mitch in. We build for flags and not to consistently sit 8-10 (like st Kilda). They have a clear plan to get as many top 30 picks in as possible (especially before Tassie start taking all the picks), short term pain but will set us up for 10 years again
Go hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back