Hawks new clash jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

In the period after the brissy lions were dominant, they started wearing that red modified fitzroy jumper in melbourne.

I did wonder, in a game which is said to be 95% mental, that opponents seeing not the maroon of the all conquering lions, but the red of the recent fitzroy basket case, that a bit of momentum was lost.

I obviously acknowledge the efforts appealing to old fitzroy fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the requirement that the clash jumper be predominantly white I am convinced that it's not possible to come up with a decent Hawthorn clash jumper because predominantly white with brown and gold just does not look good. If we have to have a clash jumper (and I am of the belief that we don't as we don't actually clash with anyone else) we should go to the AFL and say we want it to be predominantly gold then we can have that old Hawthorn jumper that is gold with the brown V. Simples :)

Jumper looked worse on field than up close. I was embarrassed.
I thought the Giants were us a few times (and not just the way the teams played).
The best clash jumpers are those that retain the integrity of the traditional jumper - i.e. Anyone looking can still tell it is Hawthorn.
What about St Kilda style - a white jumper with three joined brown & gold stripes?
OR
White jumper with gold V - brown outline, brown logo/crest and brown numbers?
OR
White jumper with a middle gold stripe and two brown stripes.

The thing with the St Kilda jumper is it already has white on it so making it predominately white still retains the colours of the normal home and away jumper.

Having watched the match again I think it makes us look 'unmanly' :oops: By that I mean the darker colours and the shape of the chevrons around the neck and chest area do nothing to make our players look bigger around the chest and shoulders which is what you want :D :p Also the white socks are just awful, especially on those who have them pulled up like Mitch, Burgers etc.

I now know the real reason why Hodge and Lewis got suspended. So they didn't have to wear these.

the good thing about this years clash jumper is that there will be a new clash jumper (next year hopefully).
Why's that? They've kept the last few for at least 3 years each.

I hate the jumper, we're not a flashy club, It goes against everything we stand for, I'm still a big fan of the heritage jumper.
View attachment 133922
I really like that jumper but if the requirement that it mostly be white then I wouldn't mind something along the lines of this (pardon my paint skills)

hawk.png
(the gold would be the same metallic gold from the current clash jumper just as a solid rather than a gradient and I'd go a darker brown too)

looks absolute shite! played like shite! for shite's sake get rid off it!

My sentiments exactly.

I can only think that the numbskull that designed it does not follow footy or is a 7yo girl. It is just garbage.

The previous clash strips lasted 3-4 years, god help us if they persist with this failure for that long!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back