Hawks new clash jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Blaming the person who designed it is all well and good, but who at the club approved it? I recon it's a shocker. Why not get the fans involved and have 3 or 4 designs and let the fan vote.

There was one floating around here somewhere recently, maybe on the jumper designed board. Can't find it now. But it was mostly white with two yellow/gold stripes. Would easily get my vote.

Why not get the fans involved and have 3 or 4 designs and let the fan vote.

Good idea but you'd probably get opposition supporters voting for something like this lol.

Surely if they asked the players there's no way they'd give it the thumbs up.

Was this approved thinking kids would love it much like all the Big Bash designs?

Blaming the person who designed it is all well and good, but who at the club approved it? I recon it's a shocker. Why not get the fans involved and have 3 or 4 designs and let the fan vote.

There was one floating around here somewhere recently, maybe on the jumper designed board. Can't find it now. But it was mostly white with two yellow/gold stripes. Would easily get my vote.

Yep, what is wrong with:

hawkJumper2.jpg

images

Yep, what is wrong with:

hawkJumper2.jpg

images
I really like the double V one. Obviously that's our old logo on the centre of the jumper so they wouldn't use that but I would also hope they wouldn't use our current one in its place. Not just because it would look too similar to our previous clash jumper (also horrible) but because simpler is better.

Yep, what is wrong with:

hawkJumper2.jpg

images

Of these two I prefer the one with the brown and gold V (the Hawks logo is superfluous though). Either way, hooped hose is a must.... I never want to see us in white socks again! (Still don't like the combo of brown and gold and white though :thumbsdown: )

V jumpers look poor on players and better in print. They are archaic. A the hodge ones re a awesome IMO, why not? Lets a petition for them before round 12.

It surely couldn't be hard to get fans to send in their designs , the club picks out a handful and sends an email or something to members to vote on which one our team should wear...

It would be great for PR too

It surely couldn't be hard to get fans to send in their designs , the club picks out a handful and sends an email or something to members to vote on which one our team should wear...

It would be great for PR too
Bulldogs did this. I'm skeptical about the clubs commitment to fan engagement. There's more than a little entitlement/taking things for granted in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OfLuiZj25Mekrv6myPu29Z9IUONu2EvLraGBFm-g4LPeTfE6kxZkNazNlyxnoqnsj4uqPNrHTBdvjn5Ku4SHmKcyIuznhrHRTWPYBZAqM5H7yD-myW1G9YYPAqohGqzBNGi_32yYPLMQYx8Pafbg=w320-h240-nc.bin
View attachment 136729

2015-05-22-15-16-52--171102475.jpeg

V jumpers look poor on players and better in print. They are archaic. A the hodge ones re a awesome IMO, why not? Lets a petition for them before round 12.

You not seen Port or Freos?

I'd rather V's or stripes than the growing number of cartoon characters.

Hawks had V's years ago and honestly they looked awful IMO. The Hodge one looks a lot better with two stripes going down on the sides over the white.

That was back in the days of woolly long sleeved jumpers, I'm sure they could make a good looking jumper with a V nowadays. Prefer the V one to the stripes one out of those two clash jumpers. But would prefer a predominantly gold one (don't like the white at all) and really, as I and others have pointed out repeatedly, can't we just ditch the class jumper, we don't clash with anyone :mad:

Hawks had V's years ago and honestly they looked awful IMO. The Hodge one looks a lot better with two stripes going down on the sides over the white.
Three gold stripes with brown outline would look even better.
1. We retain our trademark - brown and gold stripes
2. Predominantly white - so AFL happy
3. Adidas happy - three stripes is their trademark
Most important of all it would still be recognisable as Hawthorn. This current abomination dilutes our brand.

Watching two St Kilda games recently, the jumpers of both teams looked very similar from a distance from the back (Saint v Bombers and Saints v Eagles) this is despite the fact that in one instance one team was wearing a clash jumper. Funny thing is I had no trouble working out who was who because, yes, I just looked at the shorts because one team was wearing white shorts and the other team was wearing dark shorts - wake up AFL, clash jumpers not required and not effective!!!

Was going to jump on and suggest a simple white with a brown / gold V (mostly brown as the teams we clash with it's because of our gold and their yellow). Already suggested above but with graphics - looks good. How can we make this happen?!
The club needs to simplify things sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back