Hawks playing Pies with two fewer players

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not gonna say I agree with any comments that suggest you guys draft poorly, because I think you have done very well, particularly with late/rookie picks, and with player development.

However, you also have to acknowledge that much of the Hawks team, has been built on a series of high draft picks in the early 2000's... including 5 top 10 picks in 04/05 - 2 of which were priority picks in the top 3... thats a pretty good base to be building a team off. And add to that the recruitment of older free agents, who have a limited time left but work very well when added to a team already at the top.

Hawthorn had 3 top 10 picks that it had directly recruited in its side in 2014 and 3 from trading in.
Hawthorn had 4 top 10 picks that it had directly recruited in its side in 2013 and 2 from trading in.

The only free agent that has come in is yet to play an official game Frawley. Whilst Simpkin was a delisted free agent.

Compared with Collingwoods 2010 side

Collingwoods 2010 Premiership side consisted of 6 top 10 picks with another 2 coming from trade.

I have a lot of time for collingwood supporters, therefore i belive this thread was manipulated by the evilfooty organization to turn two of the best supporter bases against one other.

Its a preseason game no one cares. Really.

and Eddie is having a whinge about Essendons unfair advantage, yet no comment about Hawthorn playing less players, the Hawks felt sorry for the pies:rolleyes:

Because we've been in the doldrums for oh so long.

Was being facetious Mate....It's not like the Pies fans have ever been up n about in any previous pre-season!:drunk:

Though the Tigers & Blues fans have been strangely, almost eerily subdued this pre-season...It's kinda spooky!...It's Almost as if, they've learnt from the past!o_O

Was being facetious Mate....It's not like the Pies fans have ever been up n about in any previous pre-season!:drunk:

Though the Tigers & Blues fans have been strangely, almost eerily subdued this pre-season...It's kinda spooky!...It's Almost as if, they've learnt from the past!o_O
Haha .. I know you were , so I was being sarcastic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back