Autopsy Hawks v tigers....blerrrrk

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know why everyone thinks Tigers have some sort of wood over us. We’ve given them some good recent touch ups.

LAST FIVE MEETINGS

R20, 2017, Richmond 13.15 (93) d Hawthorn 9.10 (64) at the MCG

R18, 2016, Hawthorn 16.18 (114) d Richmond 5.14 (44) at the MCG

R7, 2016, Hawthorn 21.10 (136) d Richmond 13.12 (90) at the MCG

R18, 2015, Richmond 10.11 (71) d Hawthorn 7.11 (53) at the MCG

R6, 2014, Hawthorn 18.10 (118) d Richmond 7.10 (52) at the MCG
2 of those was our absolute year of s**t in 2016. but its mostly from the running gag of years that we beat you that you would end up winning the flag.all in all i think we match up pretty well on you guys which makes sense dimma and clarko are like brothers. loved seeing clarko rocking up to dimmas presser last year with 2 stubbies

Tim O'Brien is like a Schoenmakers that's useless in a contest, that's the truth of where he's at with his footy. We can't carry a forward like that. He's not terrible in his preferred role, but he's not an impact player either.

Funny we started playing on at all costs in the last and we looked much better. Their skills are light years ahead of us

You think its by chance the first game Schoenmakers misses and our forward structure turns to s**t?

Schoenmakers won’t fix our forward structure. I fail to see what he offers. We are better off with having Gunston as a true center half forward.

Lost at the selection table - why would you pick Langford off no practice matches or box hill matches, he’s not Cyril - was a liability out there !
Replace him and doc who again is slow and a liability out there and we would have had a much better shot

Richmond clogged up our forward line so well. There was no space or movement, and no one looked dangerous. Very frustrating.

Then every time Richmond attacked they had paddocks of space. The game had a sense of doom hanging over it.

Out coached i guess, and out played.

It’s a real mix of the Syd slingshot and dog pack I reckon. Put Birch and Sic in and Clarko has a lot more tools to get around it.

Schoenmakers won’t fix our forward structure. I fail to see what he offers. We are better off with having Gunston as a true center half forward.

Disagree. Our forward line looked completely different the last two weeks. Schoey creates a better contest, knows where to position himself and creates opportunities for the smaller forwards. We looked far more effective in round 1 and 2 with Schoey up front.

Richmond clogged up our forward line so well. There was no space or movement, and no one looked dangerous. Very frustrating.

Then every time Richmond attacked they had paddocks of space. The game had a sense of doom hanging over it.

Out coached i guess, and out played.

They did clog it up, but when clarko gave the boys permission to take shots f beyond 40m, the game quickly swung, so much so we almost egged back a 40 point deficit.

Doc Durye has to go. He’s like Hartung last year. Can play beautiful footy when we. Are dominating, but tends to go to water when we need him to stand up

Roughy is really starting to find form again.

Mitchell is amazing, and looks like he’s added goal kicking to his bag of tricks

Tob, Doc, brand, Frawley , Howe and Langford were really poor today, I don't get it, Frawley is terrible, one on one and gets pushed off so easily! !!
Anyway, I truly believe we were flat from Mondays game, it wouldn't matter if the Tiges had similar break but they had 10!!!
Funny thing is, a lot of things worked today .
Poppy, Cyril and particularly Breust were very effective for the most part.
Rough did his job.
Gunno played well between the arcs (but gotta fix up the set shot kicking, it's becoming the elephant in the room! )
Hardwick and Stratts were fantastic and more than held their own.
I am extremely disappointed with Burton, bit of bath water going on there I think.
Titch awesome, Good signs from Jags, 19 clearances between them.
I'm happy with the side ATM.
Let's beat the boot campers Next Week.

Never expected us to win today so not too disappointed. That said it was frustrating watching us continue to bomb the ball forward.

TOB has been on the list about 6 years now and still has no idea how to play as a forward.

Duryea made some of the worst mistakes you’ll see and he’s supposed to be one of our experienced players. Same with Frawley. Send them both to Box Hill

Mitchell has it on a string. Wasted a few kicks but it’s also not the mids fault that TOB gets sat on his ass by a slight breeze.

JOM had his best game for us. You can see flashes of why we were so keen to get him. After a few months of back to back games the difference and consistency will be noticeable.

Morrison played well, he faded late but was one of a handful of guys that were playing good when the heat was on. He needs to stay in the side.

Not sure why Langers was picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed. Right your pride let us down

Size never stopped

Youngsters learn to kick goals

And a six day break against 10. Bah

Goldstein had a broken jaw from memory. Was dirty but be lucky to get a week imo.

Goldstein was unaffected, took his kick and played out the game.

Breust was clearly concussed - unable to stand or take his kick. Very disappointed he wasn't taken off. (For that matter, it may have been carryover from when his head was slammed into the turf in the late tackle over the boundary).

Lewis should never have got 3 weeks - Rance will get a fine (same categories as Lewis, which was worth 1 week back then).

Love the polarisation of views on here, One player ( love child on here ) can do basically two really nice things and lay one tackle and he gets marked as having a great game. Then a player that bust his nuts every week has a rough patch five minutes before half time and he gets labeled as having a mare despite being one of the main cogs in our last quarter resurgence.
Just wow.

Would have really been useful to have sicilly playing today.

Worst part about this loss is now I have to put up with w***er Richmond supporters going on like they won another grand final.

Richmond supporters really are disproportionality w***erish. I think I could name a decent bloke I know that supporters every other Vic club besides Richmond. It's bizarre.

Loved how we fought out the game, credit to the spirit of the boys.

This game in my opinion was lost at the selection table, no way should be Langers or TOB be in this side.. Doc was horrid but he wasn't as vacant as the other 2.

Big chance next week, gotta take it

Out: Lack of Effort and non one touch players
In: The opposite of the outs

At least Langford gave us some grunt and a hard body in the contest. I thought he fought well.

Well don't reckon we could play much worse and we only got done by 2 goals, so theres that i guess.
Had a pretty nice spread of goal kickers in the end, and Rough with his bag is a good sign.

Really need to bounce back and smash Melbourne next week.

So glad we don’t have to watch Richmond play their rubbish brand of football every week. Only in an 18 team competition could a team so glaringly unskillful pinch a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back