Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Stevens wouldn't know. Would be remiss of us to let Sewell play, and risk injury, while Lewis is recovering.

Don't stress it until later in the week.

Until then Stevens can practice his press conference face for the cameras and formulate his inane questions.
Agree-Steven's has grown a ball since the finals when Malthouse packed his bags for Hawaii. Steven's is the most sensationalist journalist in the country. Lewis will play I have no doubt

I'm hoping Schoey comes in for Spangher if Clarko wants to keep the same structure. Or just bring Rioli in if Reid doesn't play and we want to shift things around and go smaller. Schoey was a rock in defense earlier in the year against Sydney and very much held his own against Tippett and Buddy and has a good track record against Sydney. I'm inclined to say that Sewell should stay out of the team, we looked slow even with him not there.

Mark Stevens wouldn't know. Would be remiss of us to let Sewell play, and risk injury, while Lewis is recovering.

Don't stress it until later in the week.

Until then Stevens can practice his press conference face for the cameras and formulate his inane questions.

Yes, that is why I said if he is right, not putting my money on it by any means, just reporting what was said. I took the fact that Sewell was not playing today as being a sensible precaution.

***Out on the full misses and rushed behinds haven't been excluded from the following data. Just assuming it's even enough for both teams to not skew results badly.***

Hawks have kicked 2721 points so far this season from 674 scoring shots. That's 4.037 points per scoring shot.

Swans have kicked 2355 points so far this season from 655 scoring shots. That's 3.595 points per scoring shot.

Hawks average 28 scoring shots a game and Swans average 27. Using those averages gives a score of 113 - 97.

Since the 2008 GF (including drawn 2010 GF) the winning GF side averages 24 scoring shots. The loser 23 (this number skewed by all the rushed behinds in 2008).

No team has won the GF by kicking more behinds than goals since West Coast did against Sydney in 2006. By 1 point.

You'd have to go back to 2001 to find a team that won a GF by kicking more behinds than goals over a team that kicked more goals than behinds. Brisbane 15.18 (108) def. Essendon 12.10 (82).

Hawthorn have kicked more goals than behinds in 22 games this season. They had equal in 1 game and more behinds in 1 game.

Sydney have kicked more goals than behinds in 10 games this season. They had equal in 2 games and more behinds in 10 games.

What's all that mean? That's up to you to decide.

To me it means that Sydney are going to need to kick accurately in front of goal. Something they've managed in just under half their games this season. And only against top 8 sides 3 times. Those 3 were Essendon, Geelong and Richmond. And if the points per scoring shot averages hold up then they will need to have about 13% more scoring shots than us. We average 26 scoring shots against the Swans in our 2 games this year. So they'll need to have about 29-30 scoring shots. Alternatively they could try holding us to less shots... our lowest for a game this year being 21 shots. We still average 24 scoring shots across our 5 losses this season though.
This is good news. However we are still the underdogs and I expect us to lose, but I hope we win!

Well, this is what we have been waiting for.

You are so right.

Ever since that dreadful day two years ago I, and I imagine most of us have been craving an opportunity for true payback. And it has finally presented itself.

My hatred for that franchise has built up and grown by the day.

I want this so badly.

We deserve it and they don't. But deserving it isn't enough. We have to take what's ours.

We are the only team capable of rightfully stopping them from winning the flag. To me it truly feels like good vs evil.

It's going to take our best but our club is more than capable.

Bring it on.

Everyone can do what they want but I hope that we as a fan base don't boo Buddy this week, especially at the Grand Final parade. He gave us many years of good service and, yes he is helping a team that could stop us winning our next flag but lets take the high road and use the parade to thank him for his years of service and enjoyment.

JMTC

Everyone can do what they want but I hope that we as a fan base don't boo Buddy this week, especially at the Grand Final parade. He gave us many years of good service and, yes he is helping a team that could stop us winning our next flag but lets take the high road and use the parade to thank him for his years of service and enjoyment.

JMTC

While he played for us, I thanked him for his services almost daily.

Today, I won't boo him, I won't false cheer him either.

The fact is he shafted us in the worst possible way.

JMTC
Are you serious ??

JMTC
Are you serious ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was okay, personally, but I really don't fancy him in a contested one-on-one style match which is what vs Sydney traditionally is in big games. For that, I'd rather the physical, better suited to contested footy body of Sewell. More a horses (no, not their coach)-for-courses call rather than performance based. Would be a tough call given Suckers missed out last year also due to injury, but these things happen.
fair call mate. I just think there is enough contested ball players in the side and his outside run and kicking will be more beneficial on a beautiful spring day. I just think sewelly is past his best.

What would really send Bigfooty into complete total meltdown is if Rioli plays in the Grand Final and wins the Norm Smith medal. :eek::thumbsu:

#Bigfootyserverwillcrash

That would end Bruce's career
I can't even begin to imagine what would come out of his mouth

JMTC

So we can boo all the other Sydney players - just not this one

Just popped over to the Swans equivalent thread on their board to see what they think and what the general feel is like. 12 pages so far and you could count the amount of posts regarding match ups or game strategy on one hand. Most think they've already won it. The rest are pretty sure but are pre-emptively blaming the umpires.

A corked calf won't keep Lewis out of this week's Grand Final.

In the 2008 Grand Final Lewis was feeling very ill during that entire week but he still got himself up to play that day in which he played an important role in our Premiership.

He will play.

A corked calf won't keep Lewis out of this week's Grand Final.

In the 2008 Grand Final Lewis was feeling very ill during that entire week but he still got himself up to play that day in which he played an important role in our Premiership.

He will play.

No doubt he'll play, hopefully he is completely unrestricted though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back