Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Boy for Ceglar the only change unless Rioli has a blinder, in which case he takes Simpkin's spot. Really hope Lewis is unrestircted by that corkie

After reading that, the way we have come through all that this year gives me confidence we will win. The players have developed a steely resolve the likes of which will only be appreciated when the achievement of this club gets looked back on in history. One last insurmountable, impossible mountain to climb before we can once again hoist our flag high on top of the mountain and pronounce 'we are the champions'...if we win, it is a script made for a movie screen really

I agree. In our losses we have been thoroughly outplayed at times and yet only just been overcome, and by the best sides.

Yesterday Port got a lot of love for their performance and were the white hot side of the comp and yet we withstood it all and prevailed. We may not be in perfect sync right now, but regardless of form we are just very hard to beat and can manage to find ourselves in front even when below our best.

Don't go Quietly they say.......It's a bloody good summation of our team. Win or lose, we'll be right there deep in this.

Will assess selection after today's game but currently thinking mcevoy and rioli in for suckling and ceglar.

Fingers crossed Lewis is ok and rioli stars today

Honestly think that Langers has Sewells spot at the moment.

In: Rioli, Possibly BB
Out: Simpkin, possibly Cegs
Duryea (sub). Rioli starts, he's fit or he's not.

BB needs a big game again.

Those suggestion Spanger being dropped are kidding, unless he's replaced with Shoey. Swans are big, we need spang, and he's been great against the swans.

Agree with this, can't see Suckling getting dropped considering he played pretty well. Although Spangher struggled he won't be dropped this week as Sydney have way too many talls to cover.

Roli and Big Boy to come in if they put in strong performances. Sewell to come in if Lewis doesn't get up. I would be surprised if the match committee made more than 2 changes.

In many ways we are better suited to playing a side like Sydney compared to Port. Port really burnt us at times on the outside, Sydney will find it harder to do so.

Would be ironic if Sydney's bad kicking costs them the GF this year. If we kick straight we will win.

First time I can recall playing a side in the GF that I genuinely dislike.
It will make the game even tougher to get through because there is so much more riding on it.

Re Bigboy and Cyril..... if its a tough game, any concern about only a 5 day break for these two?

I'm in agony right now. Very happy that we've made it, but feeling we have a huge task to get over the $wine$.

To win any GF is a huge task. Against any opposition. They aren't handed out (although some teams get concessions along the way ;)).

Sometimes you're the favourites and other times the underdogs like this week. If anyone thinks Swans are clear favourites though they need their heads read. On the balance of the draw, our obstacles this year and the fact we basically finished tied with them on top, I'd say we have every reason to believe we've been the best side this year and are still the best team in it.

I have a good feeling. (which might be because I was too nervous to drink yesterday :D).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game guys. I can't help but smiling right now - it really hurts that my team is out but it was a fantastic game to watch and I hope that Hawthorn go on and win the GF. Best team in that last 6 or 7 years and to be honesty Sydney just bought their team - you guys made one. Amazing skills, fantastic positioning and decision making - there's definitely a happy team at Hawthorn :) Congratz!
This! What a great supporter - it's natural to hurt, but Port should fans should be smiling because they they were bloody good tonight and will be for the next 5-6 years.

Great to be in the GF again, think Rioli plays if he gets through today and BB comes in if he plays well today , dilemma will be who misses out for Rioli, think he starts if he plays , Simpkin is the best sub in the business so he stays. Will need all the talls for Sydney . Tough one ... Suckling/ Pops ????

It's taken until about now to finally be happy pumped that we won yesterday and got over the line! I can't believe how flat I felt after a prelim win it was crazy, that finish totally took the wind out of me and the satisfaction wasn't there as we let them back in ... Now the dust has settled I can only be happy we are through to another grand final with a chance to beat the best team of the year to go back to back, the positive I think we can get from yesterday is that I don't think we played anywhere near our best footy as we continue to do in prelims, against Geelong I thought it was a brilliant all round team performance but yesterday we were beaten in a lot of areas .. The upside is how much better we can play and match up against the swans, learn from yesterday adjust and improve and go at them with no fear to play our best and knock them down!!! Oh and Cyril plays for mine, not just because he has the X factor, but it will improve our
Forward line and help Bruest and poppy who were both down yesterday, they will have to put time into cyril so I'm excited to see poppy Bruest and Cyril work together and cause the mayhem that port caused us!!!

It's taken until about now to finally be happy pumped that we won yesterday and got over the line! I can't believe how flat I felt after a prelim win it was crazy, that finish totally took the wind out of me and the satisfaction wasn't there as we let them back in ... Now the dust has settled I can only be happy we are through to another grand final with a chance to beat the best team of the year to go back to back, the positive I think we can get from yesterday is that I don't think we played anywhere near our best footy as we continue to do in prelims, against Geelong I thought it was a brilliant all round team performance but yesterday we were beaten in a lot of areas .. The upside is how much better we can play and match up against the swans, learn from yesterday adjust and improve and go at them with no fear to play our best and knock them down!!! Oh and Cyril plays for mine, not just because he has the X factor, but it will improve our
Forward line and help Bruest and poppy who were both down yesterday, they will have to put time into cyril so I'm excited to see poppy Bruest and Cyril work together and cause the mayhem that port caused us!!!
I like what you say. Rioli is as important to the structure of the forward line as Lake is to the back line. Having both of them there takes pressure off the others and allows them more freedom.

Last edited:
Please just beat Cola Swans.
lol, you do realise they are likely gonna get Coca-Cola as a major shirt sponsor next year now :D

Btw this COLA stuff is mad, I only read about it now as I didn't know what it was... the cost of living here in London is higher than the rest of the UK so imagine if the London clubs.... oh yeah there's no salary cap in soccer haha

I don't wanna lose the GF:cry::cry:!! Someone convince me why we can win!! Because i'm scared!!….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back