Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it comes down to a team effort. But I don't think it's any coincidence that Buddy leaves the Hawks and we become a very good team at kicking accurately whilst the opposite is achieved at the Swans. So perhaps not unfair to say that Sydney's result rests squarely on his conversion in front of goal. Something that bodes well for us given he hasn't kicked more goals than behinds in his two games against us this year. He's had more than enough scoring shots in both games to completely torch us however.

Deep deep deeeeeeep down, somewhere in that selfish, narcissistic, girl chasing, money grabbing, slithering snakiness that is Lance 'ex buddy' Franklin...I think he does love the Hawks and therefore does not have it in him to torch us.

He didnt want to kick straight against us in H&A i can guarantee that...and if u take the 2 Hawks games out of his goal kicking accuracy and without looking at it, I bet his accuracy since moving to Sydney has increased. Simply he is a far more reliable set shot, a better mark and more powerful unit than he ever was as a hawk IMHO and that burns me for some reason...if his Hawk love is enough for him to miss shots in a GF...i doubt it, but time will tell

Pedantic perhaps but reading the Connolly prediction article and this raised my eye...

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sydney-seems-set-to-take-another-flag-home-20140920-10juie.html

Not bitter or anything but isn't this Saturday our 4th GF in 7 years, our third GF in succession, which is a far more impressive achievement than the Bloodz?

...or is Hawthorn success expected or something?
As Hawthorn supporters we are not tired of seeing our team succeed. Everyone else is pretty much over it. I get it. So does the media.

We're there again. Where we belong. In the Grand Final.

Factor in the draw from hell.

Losing arguably our best player in Buddy to the Swans for a pack of Burger Rings.

Having a crap run with injury.

And Clarko getting sick.

So getting to the Grand Final is quite some achievement.

Get behind our boys. Get behind our great club.

And will them onto what could be our greatest flag!

Onwards and upwards Hawks.
apologies for the intrusion, but judas is one gablett

Guys, lets not discuss moderation of other boards here. It can get very messy if we allow that.

If you've got an issue contact your friendly neighbourhood Admin....that's grizzlym by the way. :)

Guys, lets not discuss moderation of other boards here. It can get very messy if we allow that.

If you've got an issue contact your friendly neighbourhood Admin....that's grizzlym by the way. :)
Fair call, mate. Apologies. I guess it opens a can of worms even if light-hearted in nature.

boooooo

I mean Boooooo-urgoyne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call, mate. Apologies. I guess it opens a can of worms even if light-hearted in nature.
yeah, it can get pretty messy behind closed doors(behind the bigfooty curtain).

As Hawthorn supporters we are not tired of seeing our team succeed. Everyone else is pretty much over it. I get it. So does the media.

18 GF's in 54 years has some draw backs. In many ways we're to the AFL what Collingwood was to the VFL :)

4 GF's in 10 years is great for a club with the stature of Sydney though...

Some hard choices to make.

Sewell V Suckling. Suckling had a great second quarter but I felt his impact was stifled after that. Sewell would suit Sydney better than Port with his inside grunt so it's horses for courses here. Clarko does have a hard on for Suckling and he played well so I think he will get the nod.

Cyril V Simpkin (probably). Down to whether Cyril is fit. I really rate Simpkin as a sub though, very reliable and always gets in amongst it. Can kick a handy goal (or two) late in the game.

McEvoy V Ceglar. Ceg didn't set the world on fire this game but I think his tap work was solid. McEvoy offers more around the ground and a few pack crashing marks in defence is something I can envision him doing. Depends how he pulls up in the VFL Grand Final but I think the door is wide open for either.

Only changes I see happening.

18 GF's in 54 years has some draw backs. In many ways we're to the AFL what Collingwood was to the VFL :)
This!
3 consecutive Grand Finals thus far - I'm going to need a second job at this rate!
At least the team has the decency to a) keep the games in Victoria, and b) skip the second round of finals.

Am I the only one who thought Suckling was good today ?
I thought he was okay, personally, but I really don't fancy him in a contested one-on-one style match which is what vs Sydney traditionally is in big games. For that, I'd rather the physical, better suited to contested footy body of Sewell. More a horses (no, not their coach)-for-courses call rather than performance based. Would be a tough call given Suckers missed out last year also due to injury, but these things happen.

Grand final day barbecue at the Atlantis on the palm, you need to buy tickets, also an Aussie pub called Bidi Bondi at the base of Palm jumeriah will have it on, not sure if you need to buy tickets but probably do. Just in case you need some options, think tickets need to be purchased by the 22nd. :thumbsu:
Thanks mate, I bought them as soon as I got home from the game tonight.

Just trying to console myself a little with how this weekend panned out.

We laid more tackles, and had a heap more contested possessions than Sydney this weekend (as did Port). The only area that Sydney were better at this week was inside 50's and marks inside 50. I guess that illuminates that we actually played a game, whereas North were nothing but witches hats for Sydney to navigate. They barely fired a shot, they actually won the clearances, and I gather must have immediately turned it over? It is encouraging to know that we didn't do too badly actually. Going on this weeks stats, or even just their intensity, it seems Port would have pushed Sydney to a similar extent. The Sydney's stats that were most impressive was this issue of their inside 50's, but again that was probably inflated by North's piss poor effort. I feel better now. It's back to a 50/50 game. Another consolation would be that I imagine that we put the cue in the rack there with 10 minutes to go, and against just about every other side I think it would have been enough. But it nearly proved diabolical against this Port outfit that will not give up. Massive Kudos to Port.

IN: Rioli, Sewell
OUT: Simpkin, Suckling

Lake vs Tippett
Gibson vs Franklin
Spangher vs Reid
Stratton vs Goodes

B: Gibson, Lake, Stratton

HB: Birchall, Spangher, Hodge

C: Hill, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Breust

F: Puopolo, Roughead, Hale

R: Ceglar, Lewis, Langford

INT: Sewell, Shiels, Duryea, Rioli (sub)

EMG: Suckling, McEvoy, Simpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back