Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm thinking this way too, Paddy Dangerfield will cost an arm and a leg contract-wise and trade-wise and i'm not sold on the idea he is worth doing that for

we have some of the best young talent and this isnt just a line, Hill is 22, Will Langford is almost forgotten, he is 23, Hartung is 20, Anderson is a gun midfielder in the making and is 21, Howe has gun midfielder written all over him and he's 19, Woodward if he gets his body right is 22 and Miles looks a likely youngster and is 18

the depth of talented youngsters in the midfield is deep and im less concerned about the older blokes retiring than i ever have been, Dangerfield would just be topping on an already amazing Cake

Future young Midfield Talent:
W. Langford 23, Hill 22, Woodward 22, Anderson 21, Hartung 20, Howe 19, Miles 18

Dangerfield would only be a bonus imo, paying overs seems ridiculous

Cant agree
Langford and Hill are not nearly as physically strong or developed as Dangerfield. Patrick is 185 cm and at least 90kg, almost identical to Hodge and Lewis. Langford is only about 82 kg, and Hill is a relative lightweight at 78 kg. Sadly Woodward may well be gawn, and anderson and hartung are short people in comparison. The list of players you have proposed looks promising, but cant be relied upon to play the role of a physically powerful midfield that will compete for a flag. Look at the size of the midfielders who have won flags at the Brizzie Lions, or our own midfield, or the Swans (e.g. one Josh Kennedy) etc. To win flags, you need big strong blokes in the middle. Dangerfield would be a huge asset when Hodge/Mitch/Lewis are gone

I can't believe people are putting down dangerfields disposal, the man is a jet. If we could land him he could possibly be a future captain. A possible Brownlow medalist. But what are the Hawks really missing for their future? Would it be worth going for a good key position forward, such as Dixon from gold coast? This would free roughy up to do as he pleases. What's your thoughts Hawks supporters?

No contract for Jed, Hartung and Langers. Yes we are losing some players soon but is the "Danger" that we lose the above players? Maybe one would be worth it but if all three? (I may have answered my own question here....)

No contract for Jed, Hartung and Langers. Yes we are losing some players soon but is the "Danger" that we lose the above players? Maybe one would be worth it but if all three? (I may have answered my own question here....)

I'm surer every day that those three youngsters haven't signed on yet because the club is waiting on whether they are bringing in Danger/Treloar, etc... before deciding on their contracts.

Probably more of a "If we don't get a big name, we'll give you 50% more on your contract for next year".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now wouldn't that be nice.
My kids asked me if I saw any weakness in the Hawks succession planning over the next few years, last week, and I told them I thought our biggest hurdle would be replacing our big bodied skilled mid fielders as they aged. So many guys are rotating successfully through the centre and Liam has been looking great, but how nice could it be to have this dude rotating on the ball. And I am sure that as an individual, eager to return to Victoria, he can see that Moggs Creek is much closer to our home ground than Adelaide.
And, frankly, who would want to be climbing into the rotting cadaver that once was the Geelong Footy Club. Hard to see much flag-time there in Patricks playing lifetime. Perhaps, just his lifetime......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...rows-next-season/story-fni5f4l8-1227451202888

Two words

Geelong bypass

First stage open 2008. Completed 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back