Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastroast

Debutant
Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Title would mislead many especially as though it was started by a west coast supporter. No I'm not going to bag the * out of them or say I had a bad experience with any. Quite the opposite. I've now been too many hawks games as well as grand finals, and I think their supporters are by far the most passionate and ferocious bunch I've ever came across. They go off. With their Hawthorn chants and roar when a goal is scored, ******* animalistic. Love it. Even watching the 2008 granny on the telly you could see how wild these mother *ers were. Create a good atmosphere do the brown and good campaigners.

Play the best footy, have the best players and best fans. Hope it ends now though cos us west coasters need to make amends after today's debacle.

Most fairweather supporter base in Victoria. They'll drop off a cliff as usual once they hit anything even approaching a premiership drought (5-10 years for a Hawthorn supporter). Even now during one of the most dominant periods in the history of the sport they only really turn up to big matches.

******* spoilt campaigners.

I dont understand a lot of the hate.
Yeah there are some pretty arrogant ones on here and Facebook, but at the games I have never really seen an issue.
Poor behavior of supporter bases is blown way out of proportion. The Eagles also cop a lot of hate, but I thought they were terrific today, really good sports.

We got a healthy dose of paranoia back in the 1996 merger debacle. Its still fires us up

All the beat to the eagles and their fans, they're not going away in a hurry.

PS Chick is just misunderstood. needs some love

was at their semi final a few weeks ago and they were filing out of the ground in their hundreds even at 3QT. Spoilt campaigners :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Like you guys going to queue up for grand final tickets during the 2001 prelim. nearlly stuffed that one up for you

they all came out of the woodwork after 2008.

They are a very spoilt bunch and it shows when they lose and how quickly they turn on their own players and blame the umpires and everything is an AFL conspiracy against them. The bandwagon will empty out once this era is over but that will be a good thing for the club, i don't remember geelong supporters ever being this bad when they were successful, i think they appreciated and were more humble about the success.

Most fairweather supporter base in Victoria. They'll drop off a cliff as usual once they hit anything even approaching a premiership drought (5-10 years for a Hawthorn supporter). Even now during one of the most dominant periods in the history of the sport they only really turn up to big matches.

******* spoilt campaigners.

Hawthorn is 'only' the 5th biggest Victorian club (in terms of raw support) and yetbthey are top 2 year in, year out for membership

If you are willing to kick the bucket and contribute your hard earned year in year out I would say that is a pretty solid indication of loyalty

Since 1996 the Hawks membership has gone up in 16 of 20 seasons...that includes 2009 and 2010 (1-6 after 7 rounds) where the Hawks underwhelmed after the 2008 flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans were 10x louder at the 2014 prelim. Didn't hear a peep all night.
That's because every non hawthorn supporter in Melbourne has a second side - whoever is playing (and losing to) Hawthorn.

I was in the MCC yesterday. No west coast fans of course. But the majority there were going for west coast.

Lol, Hawthorn and best fans in the same sentence. Could have played their home games at Glenferrie Oval and still not sell out that ground when they were utter s**t in the early to mid 2000s. When they used to play their home games at Carlton Fitzroy would outnumber them.

I dont understand a lot of the hate.
Yeah there are some pretty arrogant ones on here and Facebook, but at the games I have never really seen an issue.
Poor behavior of supporter bases is blown way out of proportion. The Eagles also cop a lot of hate, but I thought they were terrific today, really good sports.

Always refreshing to hear the relocation jibes at games from the teen bandwagon Hawks fans when they lose. Real classy.

Random following of a successful team shouldn't activate some sort of arse head policy. It's not a badge to jump on a full train. Why not support a true underdog and spirited side like the Roos. Then you deserve to be a an A grade arse if you so choose.

Like any great team they have the bandwagon supporters and those are the assholes.

The real Hawthorn fans are sitting back and enjoying the ride quietly because they know in a decades time when the ride ends and Hawthorn have slipped out of contention that they will be a small supporter base again.

That's because every non hawthorn supporter in Melbourne has a second side - whoever is playing (and losing to) Hawthorn.

I was in the MCC yesterday. No west coast fans of course. But the majority there were going for west coast.

Sorry but you're well down the pecking order when it comes "hate" towards other clubs. Clubs like the Pies, Tigers, Bombers and Carlton very much the hated teams in Victoria.

From my end, I admire the Hawthorn Football Club. I never begrudge players their success. They work hard for it and deserve the accolades and the spoils of success. Good on them. Well played HFC!

What does s**t me to tears though is when supporters carry on as if they played the games themselves. As a supporter, what is always front of mind for me is...I did not play the game myself.

Not saying Hawks supporters are worse but I do know a couple who carry on as if they played and I'm always asking them how they played themselves.

Other than Geelong and maybe Essendon fans, I don't really think this is true.

I imagine a lot of people were going for the Eagles because the current Hawks team already had success. It's not a hatred of the club, it's just boring for neutrals

Like any great team they have the bandwagon supporters and those are the assholes.

The real Hawthorn fans are sitting back and enjoying the ride quietly because they know in a decades time when the ride ends and Hawthorn have slipped out of contention that they will be a small supporter base again.

This period of success could boost the Hawks' supporter base over the next decade. Kids getting into footy - especially those who don't have a family history of following AFL - like backing winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back