Hawthorn's dominance over Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It's now 18 wins from Hawthorn's past 23 games against Collingwood.

I know people will chime in and say but Hawthorn have been better than Collingwood most of that time.

However the fact is Hawthorn are the only side Collingwood always tend to struggle against for some reason, regardless of how good they are.

Collingwood's record against us during that same time period for example is close to a 50/50 split in terms of win-loss.

Collingwood first 40 years of VFL had 11 flags

Hawthorn last 50 years 12 flags

we have dominated Collingwood head to head since 1970

however from 1925 to 1960 we had around 3/4 wins v Pies all up

Collingwood first 40 years of VFL had 11 flags

Hawthorn last 50 years 12 flags

we have dominated Collingwood head to head since 1970

however from 1925 to 1960 we had around 3/4 wins v Pies all up
Long may it continue. Will make it easier for my son to jump on board and refuse the attempts from his Grandfather to get him in black and white.

I have noticed people don't really seem to hate Collingwood these days aside from Carlton and Richmond supporters.

Essendon are supposed to be rivals with Collingwood but they easily hate Carlton and Hawthorn a lot more than they hate Collingwood.

I remember when Collingwood won the flag in 2010 they were easily the most hated club in the AFL and even before that in the 2000s when they lost those grand finals to Brisbane they were the most hated club.

How times have changed and I have noticed a shift in that Essendon, Hawthorn and Geelong are all definitely more hated than Collingwood nowadays.

Essendon being hated/despised thanks to the supplements saga and Geelong and Hawthorn being hated due to being so successful in recent times.

Richmond on the other hand aren't really hated despite their recent success and are still largely seen as a joke even after winning three flags in four years.

Long may it continue. Will make it easier for my son to jump on board and refuse the attempts from his Grandfather to get him in black and white.
Jordan De Goey probably helps with that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back