HDFL Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the go with a certain ex Digger training with Horsham preseason, playing 1 game at NQ then signing with St Arnaud after not being happy playing at full back? i believe a text message has been doing the rounds.........funny stuff. :eek:

Whats the go with a certain ex Digger training with Horsham preseason, playing 1 game at NQ then signing with St Arnaud after not being happy playing at full back? i believe a text message has been doing the rounds.........funny stuff. :eek:
Quite a lengthy text message! Would probabley have been better off to just make a phone call, in that the conversation would have remained private.

What do you make of the the results so far. Kees with their first (and second) loss since 08 and on the bottom of the ladder, Nati with their first win since 08, Swifts the pace setters so far?

Fantastic for the league to have some new players (teams) fighting it out. Are Kees doing it a little tough for numbers? I see the magoos got a touch up also. The Lakers will come good too after a few games to gel together. HB, EA, NQ and SS look likely types too. Interesting times.

Fantastic for the league to have some new players (teams) fighting it out. Are Kees doing it a little tough for numbers? I see the magoos got a touch up also. The Lakers will come good too after a few games to gel together. HB, EA, NQ and SS look likely types too. Interesting times.
Yes some old timers making up the numbers in the Kalkee seconds this year and some youngsters (15-16 year olds) in the the firsts. I think Kalkee will get better as the year goes on. Time will tell. I Agree it is good for the league.

Any comments on this weeks matches? Will the Lakers and the Kees get their first wins? I think so. Harrow Balmoral to be too good for Noradjuha Quantong. Edenhope Aspley and Swifsts to have big wins.

Pretty even league so far by the looks who would have thought swifts would beat taylors lake rupunyup edenhope but lose to natimuk... Anson didnt play on the weekend whats wrong with him? And Beddison must be back this week?

Should be a good match at Dock Lake Reserve this weekend, Taylors Lake vs Kalkee. Also NQ and Swifts should be interesting with Swifts likely to perform better at Stawell. My tips:
Taylors Lake V Kalkee - Kees by 15 points
Swifts V NQ - Swifts by 2 points
Pimpinio V Laharum - Laharum by 30 points
Natimuk V Harrow Balmoral - HB by 50 points
Rupanyup V EA - EA by 10 points

What should be the line up for the interleague team?
Apparently the team listed in the weekly advertiser was not far off the mark! Team is something like this

B: A. Leslie H. Ellis M. Everett
HB: T. Ballinger J. Mibus H. Kelm
C: C. Hillet D. Adams J. Martin
HF: B. McDonald L. Carr B. Mahon
F: A. Hall G. Kelm S. Carey
Fol: T. Wade, P. Hanns, N. McNally
Int: L. Papst, J. Geue, T. Stevenson, J. Joiner

Kalkee: 3
HB: 1
Rup: 1
Lah: 1
NQ: 3
TL: 4
Pimp: 4
Nati: 2
Swifts: 3
EA: 0

My questions are: 1.Pimpinio who are sitting bottom on the ladder, why do they have four reps? 2.Who is the second ruckman? 3.Players missing: D. Vickery, C. Oliver, N. Sasche, D. Roberts, L. Smith? Knowing McFarlane, Ward and Cooper are injured.

Apparently the team listed in the weekly advertiser was not far off the mark! Team is something like this

B: A. Leslie H. Ellis M. Everett
HB: T. Ballinger J. Mibus H. Kelm
C: C. Hillet D. Adams J. Martin
HF: B. McDonald L. Carr B. Mahon
F: A. Hall G. Kelm S. Carey
Fol: T. Wade, P. Hanns, N. McNally
Int: L. Papst, J. Geue, T. Stevenson, J. Joiner

Kalkee: 3
HB: 1
Rup: 1
Lah: 1
NQ: 3
TL: 4
Pimp: 4
Nati: 2
Swifts: 3
EA: 0

My questions are: 1.Pimpinio who are sitting bottom on the ladder, why do they have four reps? 2.Who is the second ruckman? 3.Players missing: D. Vickery, C. Oliver, N. Sasche, D. Roberts, L. Smith? Knowing McFarlane, Ward and Cooper are injured.

You blokes would want to be switched on, if your not the HDFL will win by at least 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call, ya clown. Could say the same for the Leastcote District League too.

Thats a bit harsh jackcbus, but i suppose if your making lame calls, lets call your boys
The poorsham district footy league. It appears bigump got the bite he wanted. Any details oon the match from someone other than jack?

Heathcote 16-12-112 def Horsham 12-13-85

Horsham DFL
Goal Kickers: G. Kelm 4, D. Adams 2, A. Hall 2, S. Carey , H. Ellis , J. Martin , N. McNally
Best Players: N. McNally, T. Wade, J. Martin, C. Hilet, G. Kelm, D. Adams

Heathcote & District FL
Goal Kickers: T. Summerhayes 3, A. Walton 3, L. Featherstone 3, M. Millard 2, B. Comer 2, R. McNish 2, D. Bear
Best Players: S. Fiske, D. Lock, J. Gitsham, B. Comer, L. Featherstone, A. Walton

Under 17's faired better: Horsham 12-8-80 def Heathcote 11-9-75

Horsham DFL
Goal Kickers: S. Weddell 5, J. Shields 2, S. Bloomfield , J. Hobbs , B. Smith , D. Vanzini , C. Sudholz
Best Players: R. Stacey, D. Bell, M. Magee, J. Hobbs, S. Winfield, C. Sudholz

Gee it has been extremely quiet on here off late, nothing for over a month!
We're now just over the half way mark, so any comments on the season so far?

I was surprised by the Lakers winning by such a big margin over Harrow Balmoral on Saturday. Will the Laker's cash pay dividends this year? I think any team in the current top six has the ability to go all the way this year, it just depends how they are travelling on that particular day. Harrow Balmoral will bounce back to defeat NQ this week, which will see the Bombers drop out of the five. Which of the currnt top six will be the team to miss finals? My top five for the end of the year at this stage would be HB, Kal, TL, Swifts, NQ. Looking at the draw I think EA will miss out on the top five by two points (they have Harrow and Kalkee in the last two matches).

Tips for this week?
Kalkee to defeat Laharum by 50 points
EA to defeat Pimp by 80 points
Swifts to defeat Nati by 40 points
TL to defeat Rup by 55 points
HB to defeat NQ by 25 points

My predicted top 5. with all 5 teams capable of takin it out. should be a very exciting finals series

Harro
Kalkee
Swifts
T.Lake
N/Q

How are the Nauruan boys going for Swifts and Rupanyup this season? Interested to see how they go and if their styles of play present problems for opponents.

we've got 3 of them at swifts this year, Brendan, Tiarna and Maverick..
all have played 1's.. Tiarna and Brendan have both got good hands, read the ball well, good on the ground and have huge leaps.. all 3 are very hard at the ball and are very good inclusions to our senior side...

don't really know too much about the rup boys but i know that Rupanyup are really happy with them...

Finals venues have been announced:

Qualifying Final - Pimpino
Elimination Final - City Oval (Noradjuha Quantong catering)

2nd Semi Final - Laharum
1st Semi Final - Kalkee

Preliminary Final - Rupanyup
Grand Final - City Oval

Semi finals venues subject to being switched around depending on result of Qualifying final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back