Heathcote DFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of rubbish. The Only reason he gets up the ground is because he cant compete with the best backmen, deep, in the comp like Ollie can. Lets be honest, he has never tested himself at a higher level. He is not a "great player" in our league.
A bit off the topic, Lets not become like the bendigo league and rate our league alot higher than it actually is. Sure there are good footballers running around(dohnt, lock, oliver, mellington - although he is getting on, and some others) but apart from those few not many of the rest have been good GV or ovens and murray league players. They are the yardstick country leagues.. I am not saying all good players come from those two leagues but good players, play good football in strong leagues.. To call him the best forward in our comp is rubbish.

What's your thoughts Ump? :D

Havent heard of interpol locking up any of the boys of late spider, so either its top secret, or it cant be that sick. Your obviously in the know, so maybe you can elaborate for everyone. Going on your posts involving past players who are no longer at the club, im wondering wether this too may be an old story from a few years ago. No one denies white hills are overdue for a flag, but going on all mounts success so are they. Im sure we've had this conversation. Hillies boys are doing everything they can. Maybe mounts need to get harrop, the white boys, mounts legends, back into the fold. If they want to come back that

Thought it was common knowledge? Funny how the WH boys condone all the crap their side has dished up over the years but have a go at Mounts at every oppotunity. Yet they have a rock spider in there midst! looking at that sort of stuff on the net is as low as it can get i rekon. Whats worse, a bloke mouthing off suppoting a club or>>>>?

Thought it was common knowledge? Funny how the WH boys condone all the crap their side has dished up over the years but have a go at Mounts at every oppotunity. Yet they have a rock spider in there midst! looking at that sort of stuff on the net is as low as it can get i rekon. Whats worse, a bloke mouthing off suppoting a club or>>>>?
your the one on the same site.wheres that put you.:confused:

Colbinabbin: Darcy Booth, Tim Bubb, Tom Hill and Simon Maher
Elmore: Brad Comer, Luke Polglase, Tom Summerhayes, Simon Weekley and Sam Williams
Heathcote: Daley Bear, Luke Bell, Daniel Carroll, Joel Condon, Lech Featherstone and Marc Millard.
Huntly: Stacy Fiske and Peter Moore
LBU: Jarod Bacon, Nathan Bacon, Brodie Collins, Hayden Collins, Michael Dobson and Kahl Oliver.
Leitchville Gunbower: Josh Edgar, Shaun Gilbert and Tyler Jones
Mount Pleasant: Brad King and Pat O’Brien
North Bendigo: Aarryn Craig, Brayden Field, Josh Gitsham and Damien Lock.
White Hills: Gavin Bowles, Jason Curtain, Matthew Lehane, Ryan McNish and David Wright.

just wondering why the two top goalkickers arent in the squad also no grant, dohnt, hardinge to name a few

heard that a few decided they wanted to have the week off ad give the young blokes a go at interleague

I read somewhere that Dohnt & Hardinge declined an invitation along with a couple of others.

I dont believe Grant was named or asked to be part of the squad. Perhaps he has had a slow start to the season from an individual perspective?

I think he has lost a yard or two over the past couple of years. Definately not the player he was 2-3 years ago.

spiderweb...thats a big and bold statement,,,r u sure the courts agree with u ..and being a spider urself
are u sure he is not ur brother

Just been reading some of your posts rht?? Talk about sour grapes. You must be one of those lonely souls who have been on the end of a few floggings from mounts in the past?? it is fitting that a White hills maggot has a go at mounts when they are down. not sure of your credentials but we all know that as a white hills person you haven't played in a premiership for, well what is it 20, 30 years. Don't forget your club were the week pricks who wouldn't give dennis ryan the footy after he kicked his 100 and also had a coach who wouldn't shake hands after another flogging on more than 1 occcasion, whats that saying? people in glass houses? Also what about the internet activities of 1 of your boys??? Pretty sick sort of stuff that. Do you and the fantom condone that sort of thing do ya????
i sincerly hope ur rock spider statement is incorrect ,,,which i DO,,,,, but
who is this dennis ryan u speak of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interleague squad! What a joke, who is the new coach of this team! Pull you head in!
hey stubz,,i have been in town for a short while and most conversations i have with the opposing team supporters ,,toot morgans name always comes up as a hdfl legend..never seen him play..never met him..never heard a bad word...in the fickle game we play in. that is an absolute credit to the man himself

hey stubz,,i have been in town for a short while and most conversations i have with the opposing team supporters ,,toot morgans name always comes up as a hdfl legend..never seen him play..never met him..never heard a bad word...in the fickle game we play in. that is an absolute credit to the man himself

Absolute gun in the GVFL as well. Kicked 5 goals in the 1st 1/4 of an Interleague Final. Looked like a 14 yr old kid when he kicked 92 goals for assumption College as a forward pocket in the 80s

Absolute gun in the GVFL as well. Kicked 5 goals in the 1st 1/4 of an Interleague Final. Looked like a 14 yr old kid when he kicked 92 goals for assumption College as a forward pocket in the 80s

I am not saying he was never a good footballer but god the interleague squad chosen is poor! Lots better footballers running around that league that were not selected! I mean yeah there are some good players, but missing many too! I am sure he is a HDFL legend and good on him! For Number 1, he just has chosen a poor squad!

I am not saying he was never a good footballer but god the interleague squad chosen is poor! Lots better footballers running around that league that were not selected! I mean yeah there are some good players, but missing many too! I am sure he is a HDFL legend and good on him! For Number 1, he just has chosen a poor squad!

Well instead of taking potshots champ, how bout naming some names?!

Did you ever stop to think that some of those "better" footballers may have declined selection, may be carrying injuries or poor form, or even just protecting there precious 2nd income?

I/league sides should be picked on form and form alone, as a reward for players who have started the season well...not reputations or pay packets!

Well instead of taking potshots champ, how bout naming some names?!

Did you ever stop to think that some of those "better" footballers may have declined selection, may be carrying injuries or poor form, or even just protecting there precious 2nd income?

I/league sides should be picked on form and form alone, as a reward for players who have started the season well...not reputations or pay packets!

Sorry, Maybe thats true! Is there big money in the Heathcote league?
What do some of the players earn? I didn;t realise and Brentmeister I will take that into consideration.

i sincerly hope ur rock spider statement is incorrect ,,,which i DO,,,,, but
who is this dennis ryan u speak of

Dennis Ryan grew up in toolleen, played in mounts only thirds flag, played in premierships for kyabram (gvfl) northcote park (diamond valley) and won league goalkicking in the gippsland league with moe. Finished his career with 2 flags at mounts. Was also drafted to Geelong. Gun.

Im pretty sure it's the individual club's coaches that put the names forward for the squad and not the actual coach of the Interleague. This was the case last year and I would assume it is this year. So if it is run like that, Toot wouldn't pick the squad, just the final team after watching them train.... Can somebody confirm this for me or have they changed the system:confused:

Keep hearing A.James's name being bandied around Nth and had a Nth player confirm he will be playing there on some handy $$. Would be a great coup for Nth if so. Any Nth posters out there like to give us an insight as to what might be transpiring there?

Keep hearing A.James's name being bandied around Nth and had a Nth player confirm he will be playing there on some handy $$. Would be a great coup for Nth if so. Any Nth posters out there like to give us an insight as to what might be transpiring there?

I can tell you right now iam 99% sure this will not happen, y i say this he is under investigation from a incident a few weeks back and the investigation is ongoing

It's not at all looking promising that James will play footy again, let alone with Norf.

Firstly, we have this...

The Riddell District Football League is investigating an alleged altercation between the Sunbury Kangaroos forward and a spectator during Saturday's senior clash with Diggers Rest at Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve.

RDFL general manager John Batty said any suspension handed down by a tribunal would see James deregistered under an AFL Victoria rule, which states players who accumulate 16 or more matches of suspensions are deregistered.

In 2006, James was re-registered with AFL Victoria after a previous lengthy ban for abusive language and behaviour towards an umpire.

Source

Given he has already been de-registered once and appealed, he is rooted if he gets suspended this time.

And secondly...

Well known spear head Aaron James who had stints at the elite level with Collingwood, Richmond & the Western Bulldogs and in the VCFL with Gisborne, Stanhope and North Bendigo could well be finished in the game.

James made the announcement on facebook that he has ‘hung up the boots’ and he was going to wipe his hands of all things football. James controversially moved from Kilmore to rival Club Sunbury at the start of this Season.

The 34 year old made a boom start to the season although struck trouble when an incident with a spectator led to an investigation being called. James hasn’t fronted the tribunal at this point for an outcome on the case.

Source

We know that Chalky and him are mates from the Stanhope days and would be mates with him on facebook, so we can pretty much assume this to be true as well.

Gone.

Dennis Ryan grew up in toolleen, played in mounts only thirds flag, played in premierships for kyabram (gvfl) northcote park (diamond valley) and won league goalkicking in the gippsland league with moe. Finished his career with 2 flags at mounts. Was also drafted to Geelong. Gun.
Cred's like that he should be interleague coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back