Heathcote DFL Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been checking the HDFL website clearances. Wouldn't be surprised if Nth Bendigo make application to the league to submit a second team in the comp this year, Looks like they're really havin a crack
That is a problem for them I reckon, turn over too many players. They need to hang on to more and just add too that next season.

Been checking the HDFL website clearances. Wouldn't be surprised if Nth Bendigo make application to the league to submit a second team in the comp this year, Looks like they're really havin a crack

At who though?

I don't mean to be overly critical, but if you have poo and I give you more poo, you still only have poo don't you?

Houlihan is admittedly quality, but he'll need to be that and then some if he's to attempt to replace the 100+ goals Jamesy managed last season.
Good luck.

At who though?

I don't mean to be overly critical, but if you have poo and I give you more poo, you still only have poo don't you?

Houlihan is admittedly quality, but he'll need to be that and then some if he's to attempt to replace the 100+ goals Jamesy managed last season.
Good luck.

i notice two old schoolmates of mine nick ioranni and mitch sidebottom have been cleared to north.....these boys can certainly play mate!

i notice two old schoolmates of mine nick ioranni and mitch sidebottom have been cleared to north.....these boys can certainly play mate!

Sidebottom's clearance has been denied FYI. As for Ioranni, he might be able to play a bit of footy, hopefully for North's sake he can as you don't generally get players in from outside the local-ish area (Murray FL, Geelong, GV etc.) cheaply.

But are their new players going to be genuine standouts? Are they going to take them to the next level? I don't know, hopefully we can get some info. And maybe I was a bit hasty with my initial post, we'll see.

But IMO the only type of players I would be bringing in and paying coin to (bearing in mind they don't have many if any confirmed, significant outs at this stage other them James) if I were coaching North in the position they are in (cusp of finals) are out n out guns. You get them and persist with and/or try talent you already have.

There is no point pushing out a local who is just as good as a new recruit just to try and justify your spending (see K-Flat '09) or for the sake of it.

It remains to be seen if any of the myriad of other new players are guns, if not I don't see the point. Their crop did alright last year and just needs a couple to take them to the next level IMO, especially with the competition dropping off a touch IMO this year.

So far only Alford and Houlihan are names that stand out to me as good, big signings. Feel free to correct and enlighten me otherwise with perhaps more then 'he can play a bit' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back