Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one it was
I was thinking of the wrong bloke as would have issues thinking he was the quality ruckman and potentially best player in the league.

Just adding to the best players Sam Vale will be handy inclusion for colbo as didn't play last year coming back
From the knee and Semmel back at Huntly is a league B&F on baller will be a good get also
Got some good onballers coming in to the league but you still need to kick the goals to win. Barnes, weeks, Gleeson and co, could be in for great years with quality onballers sticking it down their pipes all day.

I'm not across all the league but Weeks and Semmell would have to be top 3 id say.

Surely Simmon Seddon would go close. 10 goals in a half of footy in a losing Grand Final in the QAFL for Labrador last year.. The bloke is not much taller than 5'11

Has the potential to tear the competition apart.

Anyone care to stick their neck out for a ladder prediction? League medallist? Create some banter..

I'll go with

North Bendigo
Colbinabin- grant weeks pencil him in for 6-10 goals a week.
Leitchville gunbower
Mount pleasant
Locky
Huntly
Elmore
White Hills
Heathcote

League medallist- Troy Kelm

Anyone care to stick their neck out for a ladder prediction? League medallist? Create some banter..

I'll go with

North Bendigo
Leitchville gunbower
Mount pleasant
Locky
Huntly
Elmore
White Hills
Heathcote

I like Huntly to run around 3rd or 4th. White Hills a hard one to read but second bottom would be a big slide.

I'll go with

North Bendigo
Leitchville gunbower
Mount pleasant
Locky
Huntly
Elmore
White Hills
Heathcote

North Bendigo
Colbinabin
Huntly
Leitchville/Gunbower
Elmore
Locky
Mt Pleasant
White Hills
Heathcote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ngawati was always playing with an injury, he's not a big loss.
Hurst haven't done themselves any favours recruiting him...

As mentioned above. I believe the quality on the way in, outweighs the quality on the way out. Important to also note with so many sides recruiting large chunks of their senior side from all over Melbourne and other leagues, Not to training together becomes a massive detriment to geling as a football team. 7 of mounts recruits won a flag together last year and all have runs on the board previously in other A grade metro and country competitions in the past. I would dare say it would take far less time for their recruits to gel with the current playing group and take some early scalps. Who knows though... That's the beauty of it.

Scoreboard said 1 point from memory but pretty hard to judge when it's a 5 qtr game with a mix of senior and reserves playing. Wedderburn looked very good in first 2 qtrs moving the ball quickly leading by about 6-7 goals. Mounts then kicked into gear and finished the game well to close the margin. Just a praccy game however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back