Not open for further replies.

borgy

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2006
J.R Parsons Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The DreamTeam thread is up and running so why not get this up?:D

Keep an eye on McLean, if he gets a full pre season in and doesnt look hampered by OP he should be a good pick up and around the 400k mark.

I thought I'd be the first one to state the bleeding obvious..

Great value will be Chris Judd

Of course Simmonds will be a must have

Clint Bartram will be a great cash cow

I dont think Judd will be as cheap as everyone is thinking!

Prices next year are based on the average from the previous year and Judd still has a massive average, people are getting there hopes up for no reason.

His price may be low this year, tat doesnt mean it will be low next year.

Unless Judd is under 500k then im not getting him. And hes not going to get a full pre season in because of his operation on his groin. I would rather Cooney who has a full pre season than Judd who hasnt.

Who are some good cheapies we can look at? Like Priddis this year?

I dont think Judd will be as cheap as everyone is thinking!

Prices next year are based on the average from the previous year and Judd still has a massive average, people are getting there hopes up for no reason.

His price may be low this year, tat doesnt mean it will be low next year.

He will be great value for what he is capable of, what are you talking about? D you really think people who take fantasy footy so seriously they are taking the time to post on a fantasy footy forum DON'T know how starting prices are calculated?

He is averaging 110 atm, most likely will go down further before the year is out. He averaged nearly 140 the year before. How is that not good value?

Unless he struggles with injury through the pre-season, if you don't get Judd from the start next year your team will be behind the 8-ball. Bookmark it.

He will be great value for what he is capable of, what are you talking about? D you really think people who take fantasy footy so seriously they are taking the time to post on a fantasy footy forum DON'T know how starting prices are calculated?

He is averaging 110 atm, most likely will go down further before the year is out. He averaged nearly 140 the year before. How is that not good value?

Unless he struggles with injury through the pre-season, if you don't get Judd from the start next year your team will be behind the 8-ball. Bookmark it.

No need to get worked up mate

but the way some people are talking they think he is going to be the price he is at them moment.

Im not saying he isnt going to be good value but with an average of 110 this year that still buts him in around the mid 500,000's for next year

No need to get worked up mate

but the way some people are talking they think he is going to be the price he is at them moment.

Im not saying he isnt going to be good value but with an average of 110 this year that still buts him in around the mid 500,000's for next year

Not getting worked up champ. Depends if you define cheap as "good value".

Look how many people got him at his starting price this year. I'd say 90% of teams will start with him at a starting price of under 550k.

Coughlan is back training and will have a full pre-season this year.

Will be cheap after missing a whole year and will be a great buy.

Will be a risk given he is coming back from a knee, but a super player if fit and will be similar to a Lappin this year, just can't looked past them for the price :thumbsu:

Averaged 104.2 in his last full season in 2005

Coughlan is back training and will have a full pre-season this year.

Will be cheap after missing a whole year and will be a great buy.

Will be a risk given he is coming back from a knee, but a super player if fit and will be similar to a Lappin this year, just can't looked past them for the price :thumbsu:

Averaged 104.2 in his last full season in 2005
Naa, ill pass thanks. Too much of a risk, especially if im getting other players comming back from less serious injuries.

Anyway he'll be another Hasleby. Too slow for the modern game and with 2 years out for a guy that was slow couldnt be good for him.

Good player back in the day but the game has passed him by i would imagine. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

the only i can think of from brisbane would be bradshaw

defitnetly in brisbanes starting 22

and if haydn kiel is promoted from the rookie list he could be another stiller,drummond and roe kind of player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be looking at the pre-season and see which player is playing out of position.

Looking for forwards and backs which are now playing in the center.

This year I picked Carrozo in the backline he never played there and and was in the middle all year got heaps of point great pick up.

Same as Cad Cornes and Adcock towards the end of the year he is moving into the middle.

Wont be picking up inconsistent forwards again Fev and franklin cost me a few games if they don't kick goals they score crap need a player that can score even if they don't kick goals like Brad Johnson and Gablett which can both play in the middle

I want versatile players

Barry Hall, Simmonds and Judd will be the obvious ones I reckon. I also figure that J. Brown's average for the year will have him at surprisingly good value (i.e substantially less than the $730k he started at this year).

I keep on thinking that their is no way I am going to improve or even half keep up with my team's pefromance of this year next year.

Then again I was thinking the same thing last year and I have smashed last years performance away.

Anyway, on topic, a key area to look for will be at the four teams with new coaches. Bound to be some players who get more time in the midfield and other who will get less time..

I keep on thinking that their is no way I am going to improve or even half keep up with my team's pefromance of this year next year.

Then again I was thinking the same thing last year and I have smashed last years performance away.

Anyway, on topic, a key area to look for will be at the four teams with new coaches. Bound to be some players who get more time in the midfield and other who will get less time..
Ahh thats a great idea. Never thought of that.

Maybe Peake could be a good pick up. Injecting some speed :)D) into the Freo midfield. Had an injury interupted year so should improve.

I feel the opposite. Can't wait to get a crack at next year. Made some rookie (2nd year rookie) mistakes this year and have still topped my league to this point and am 267 overall. Strategy outlined for next year already, some players already earmarked. Bring it on!

I feel the opposite. Can't wait to get a crack at next year. Made some rookie (2nd year rookie) mistakes this year and have still topped my league to this point and am 267 overall. Strategy outlined for next year already, some players already earmarked. Bring it on!

Yeah first year last year i finished 334. I am currently 15th at the moment. Its funny, I took quite a different strategy this year than last, anyway it will be very tough to repeat, but then again Brisbane won three flags in a row...

The funniest thing was there a guy in my office who a few weeks ago was very happy with himself becuase he was coming 26,000 out of 150,000. Then another guy said to him, "You do know that Phil is 56th" (which i was at the time)...very funny....

Yeah first year last year i finished 334. I am currently 15th at the moment. Its funny, I took quite a different strategy this year than last, anyway it will be very tough to repeat, but then again Brisbane won three flags in a row...

The funniest thing was there a guy in my office who a few weeks ago was very happy with himself becuase he was coming 26,000 out of 150,000. Then another guy said to him, "You do know that Phil is 56th" (which i was at the time)...very funny....
Wow thats an impressive team:thumbsu:

How are you going to handle the Kerr situation? I have one in mind who has been a bit down on form as of late. Theres some good talent around Kerr's price which is always good.

Wow thats an impressive team:thumbsu:

How are you going to handle the Kerr situation? I have one in mind who has been a bit down on form as of late. Theres some good talent around Kerr's price which is always good.

I have 26K in the bank, and will probably spend an hour (or a lot more!) tommorow looking at the availble players and which teams they are playing against. At this stage I honestly have no idea who I am going to select. I just know it won't be Collingwood or Hawthorn player because of the Sydney factor.

If he gets a full pre-season Brock Mclean should score well above his 80 average of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back