Here's a question for you Hawthorn greatest team of all backers.

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Just reflecting what you have put out.

Well what i have put out - several times in several threads is that : hawthorn is in my opinion the goat team.

I have also stated that they would have beaten us anywhere on saturday - they were completely dominant.

I have also stated that i love to watch hawthorn play - love the fact that they have destroyed boring defensive footy - even said if we had to lose a granny - that to lose to a team on their way to greatness is not such a bad way to do it.

Then you come in - mashing your head on the keyboard screaming - youre just jealous - youre an idiot.

Can you see how you come across as a tiny bit dense?

Have a nice day

The GF will always be played at the MCG, but let's say for the sake of this argument that Hawthorn have an advantage playing on the G on Grand Final day. Could it not also be argued that interstate sides get such a significant home ground advantage throughout the year, It goes a long way to them actually making the Grand Final? None of which I have a problem with by the way. I'm just playing devils advocate....

The GF will always be played at the MCG, but let's say for the sake of this argument that Hawthorn have an advantage playing on the G on Grand Final day. Could it not also be argued that interstate sides get such a significant home ground advantage throughout the year, It goes a long way to them actually making the Grand Final? None of which I have a problem with by the way. I'm just playing devils advocate....

Negated by travel every second week - cast uour mind to the haw freo final where the commentators were compelled to mention that hawthorn travelled west twice in three weeks about a hundred times.

Well thats our whole season most years.

Negated by travel every second week - cast uour mind to the haw freo final where the commentators were compelled to mention that hawthorn travelled west twice in three weeks about a hundred times.

Well thats our whole season most years.
That's a fair point, and please don't get me wrong, I don't share the view of some, that the AFL is divided into two parts, Victoria and the rest. It's a national competition and we should all embrace that... But again, just for the sake of this discussion, wouldn't you say that 10, 11, 12 home games gives you a huge leg up regarding making the 8? Then if you can pinch a couple more on the road (like any club hopes to do) you then have a great chance of finishing high in the 8, which in turn gives you a greater chance of playing two home finals, which in turn gives you every opportunity to play in a GF... What I'm saying is, in the wash up it's swings and round abouts... And again I have absolutely no issue with any of that, I'm just trying to contribute to an interesting topic.

Like Hawthorn in week 1 of the finals?

So Hawthorn weren't good enough then, but they suddenly were when it was on their home ground. And yet it's no advantage according to their fans.

So it was all home ground advantage. So what you're saying is that Hawthorn learnt nothing about the way West Coast played that game and didn't plan accordingly the next time they met. It was an absolute blessing that we saw West Coast first hand in the qualifying final.

That's a fair point, and please don't get me wrong, I don't share the view of some, that the AFL is divided into two parts, Victoria and the rest. It's a national competition and we should all embrace that... But again, just for the sake of this discussion, wouldn't you say that 10, 11, 12 home games gives you a huge leg up regarding making the 8? Then if you can pinch a couple more on the road (like any club hopes to do) you then have a great chance of finishing high in the 8, which in turn gives you a greater chance of playing two home finals, which in turn gives you every opportunity to play in a GF... What I'm saying is, in the wash up it's swings and round abouts... And again I have absolutely no issue with any of that, I'm just trying to contribute to an interesting topic.

When we are ordinary we beat a few teams we shouldnt at home - but then we lose to a few teams we shouldnt away. We get pantsed by the good teams home and away..... And come 7-10 - if we come 7 or 8 our season lasts one more week.

Well what i have put out - several times in several threads is that : hawthorn is in my opinion the goat team.

I have also stated that they would have beaten us anywhere on saturday - they were completely dominant.

I have also stated that i love to watch hawthorn play - love the fact that they have destroyed boring defensive footy - even said if we had to lose a granny - that to lose to a team on their way to greatness is not such a bad way to do it.

Then you come in - mashing your head on the keyboard screaming - youre just jealous - youre an idiot.

Can you see how you come across as a tiny bit dense?

Have a nice day
I'm having a great day watching you get all worked up. Cheers.

I'm having a great day watching you get all worked up. Cheers.

See - more comprehension fail.

Im quite calm and cool.

You on the other hand saw that put down somewhere else and have tried to shoehorn it in here - despite the fact that it obviously doesnt fit.

Let me guess, your mom constantly has to remind you: "pants first THEN shoes dear"

Seriously, some people suck on lemons for the fun of it.

A team accomplishes something amazing and becomes one of the most successful teams of all time yet people still have to try and s**t on it. Hawthorn are the champions.......deal with it.

sides that are on the up like port, eagles , freo, sydney and adelaide should be playing 3-4 games there next season - sides out of the 8 should be the ones playing in tas

I've got no dramas at all with this. Was gobsmacked to discover West Coast had only played 1 match at the MCG all year. However, that's all out of Hawthorns control. West Coast should have found a big enough oval to train on and marked out the MCG dimensions. That's certainly what Hawthorn did after playing at Domain in Week 1.

I've got no dramas at all with this. Was gobsmacked to discover West Coast had only played 1 match at the MCG all year. However, that's all out of Hawthorns control. West Coast should have found a big enough oval to train on and marked out the MCG dimensions. That's certainly what Hawthorn did after playing at Domain in Week 1.
We are building a new training facility with one perth stadium sized oval and one mcg sized oval.

See - more comprehension fail.

Im quite calm and cool.

You on the other hand saw that put down somewhere else and have tried to shoehorn it in here - despite the fact that it obviously doesnt fit.

Let me guess, your mom constantly has to remind you: "pants first THEN shoes dear"

Keep assuming. And keep replying. Makes you look like a conflicted tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, I love the narrative from cats/swans fans whereby they claim the hawks "aren't that good" because they're so much better than everyone else :drunk:
You lucked out with opponents three times. Essendon of 1999/2000/2001 got the opposite side of the coin. Its ok don't be too salty about all this.

I dont believe half the crap on this thread but this is just false. Sure your draw was harder on paper when it was made... but the truth is you had an easy draw. Only played 1 top 8 side twice and got the bye in Carlton twice.

We played 3 top 8 sides twice.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...2014-premiership/story-e6frf3e3-1227516241041

Hawks had the easiest draw out of all finalists.

Get out of here with your 'FACTS' and 'LOGIC' they have no place here among the brown and yeller mouth breathers.

Swans and Eagles were spanked in 14 and 15, ground made no difference. Fremantle had chances in 13 but kicked them away, do they make the goalposts wider at Subiaco?

Home-ground advantage seems to diminish come grand final day for whatever reason (I believe the squiggle thread mentioned this). In fact, in Vic team vs Non-Vic team MCG grand finals since 1990, the non-Vic's hold an 8-5 lead over the Vics.
And hawthorn are 4-1 vs non vics in grand finals, rest of Victoria 2-7 (I think it's 8-6 overall)

Would Hawthorn have their three-peat if their grand finals weren't played at their home ground????

There already is a thread about the grand final being at a neutral venue, or who is better Brisbane, geelong, hawthorn etc, however what about this....

Hawthorns three grand final wins have come against interstate teams who have had to play on a pitch which has different dimensions to their own, a stadium where they had only played minimal times during the year, and not to mention the significant crowd advantage and influence the hawks have.

Lets look at 2013 grand final. Hawks win by 15 points. Played against a team that had barely played a game at the MCG all year, and traveled from Perth, where they played over 50% of their games on a pitch with much smaller dimensions.

2014 Grand final. Hawks win by 63 points. Annihilation, and you'd have to be stupid to say that the MCG is a 10 goal advantage for the hawks, but had the game been played in Sydney with a majority of supporters being Sydney supporters would it had been Sydney who crumbled under pressure early on, and then were forced to chase the game, or would it potentially been the Hawks who crumbled under the pressure of playing on a foreign ground, with no home crowd support??

2015 Grand Final. Hawks win by 46 points. No excuses for the Eagles here but an embarrassment really. Many fumbles, easy mistakes, made Hawthorn look like they couldn't do no wrong. However, just 3 weeks back at the Eagles home ground we saw the complete opposite occur?? Is it just a coincidence the Hawks had a bad game 3 three weeks ago, and three weeks later the Eagles just happen to have a bad game?? Or could it be similar reasons to 2014. Early on pressure of a grand final, playing on a ground which they are not used to, infront of an intimidating home crowd. Meanwhile the hawks had the advantage of playing on their home ground, infront of their home crowd, and were able to settle quicker, and hence get out to a marginal advantage and force their opponents to try and chase for the rest of the game??

Firsly before i get criticized like i said the game could have been played at Pattersons and the way the eagles played, and the way the hawks played their wouldnt have been much difference, but for all those saying Hawthorn is the greatest team of all, bar their 2013 season, they haven't been the best team throughout the home and away seasons of 2014, and 2015 yet were fortunate enough to play the grand final on their home ground, in front of their home crowd.

Had all three of these three finals been played in Perth, and Sydney would the hawks still be 3-0?

STOP BLOODY WHINGEING!

If there is already a thread why make this one up? Why not post in the current threads?

Who cares who Hawthorn's victories have come against?? Do they get to pick who they play? If the opposition is not good enough on the day then bad luck, it is irrelevant where they are from. It is a Grand Final. Get over it.

No excuses for the Eagles? Ok, so you've answered you're own question there. That is right, there WERE NOT ANY EXCUSES. 3 weeks ago is irrelevant?????????? The Grand Final wasn't 3 weeks ago at Domain Stadium was it? Why couldn't the Eagles maintain their form over a 3 week period is the question you should be asking.

Who cares about the home and away season?????????????????????????????? Was the Grand Final played during the home and away season?? Fortunate to play in a Grand Final!! Mate they played 2 finals in Perth!!!!! They MADE THEIR OWN LUCK!

This is ridiculous, the moderators need to step in here and either combine stupid threads like these with other existing threads or just close it down. And you, OP, you're simply having a sook because, surprise surprise, you're an Eagles fan.

All your points are irrelevant and you weren't good enough when it mattered. Suck it up princess.

Agree, however, these are the little things to look at when asking if their the best team of the generation. Brisbane played their three grand finals on a foreign ground, in which their opponents had the home ground advantage. i feel thats a lot more impressive than what hawthorn has done.
Is it by any chance a coincidence that you are knocking Hawthorn because they beat West Coast?

Would Hawthorn have their three-peat if their grand finals weren't played at their home ground???? ............................
Had all three of these three finals been played in Perth, and Sydney would the hawks still be 3-0?

The wonderful foresight of former Hawthorn president Ian Dicker. The Hawks could have done what the Saints and later Carlton did and move to Etihad but Dicker didn't want that. He surrendered the chance to charge for all reserved seating to have open seating at the MCG for supporters.

STOP BLOODY WHINGEING!

If there is already a thread why make this one up? Why not post in the current threads?

Who cares who Hawthorn's victories have come against?? Do they get to pick who they play? If the opposition is not good enough on the day then bad luck, it is irrelevant where they are from. It is a Grand Final. Get over it.

No excuses for the Eagles? Ok, so you've answered you're own question there. That is right, there WERE NOT ANY EXCUSES. 3 weeks ago is irrelevant?????????? The Grand Final wasn't 3 weeks ago at Domain Stadium was it? Why couldn't the Eagles maintain their form over a 3 week period is the question you should be asking.

Who cares about the home and away season?????????????????????????????? Was the Grand Final played during the home and away season?? Fortunate to play in a Grand Final!! Mate they played 2 finals in Perth!!!!! They MADE THEIR OWN LUCK!

This is ridiculous, the moderators need to step in here and either combine stupid threads like these with other existing threads or just close it down. And you, OP, you're simply having a sook because, surprise surprise, you're an Eagles fan.

All your points are irrelevant and you weren't good enough when it mattered. Suck it up princess.

And I think that sums it all up.

The wonderful foresight of former Hawthorn president Ian Dicker. The Hawks could have done what the Saints and later Carlton did and move to Etihad but Dicker didn't want that. He surrendered the chance to charge for all reserved seating to have open seating at the MCG for supporters.

This.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hawks-win-big-in-docklands-dodge.576337/

Above was an article way back in 2009 when Dicker stated that Hawthorn wouldn't have the mammoth membership it had at the time (and it has continued to grow since 2009) if it opted for Docklands over the MCG...

Along with Tasmania, moving to Waverley Park (and now off to Dingley) and of course employing Al Clarkson, the best move the club has made post 1996

Remove this Banner Ad

Back