Coach Hey 'Supporters', have some respect for Hardwick and all he has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

We miss Fly and Leppa so bloody much, so does Dimma.

Not sure the relationship with Leppa is strong now either.

There is no doubt Dimma deserves our respect and appreciation, for sure. A coach that brought a Premiership, let alone three is legend status.

But things don’t last forever. The game adapts. We can’t just have him remain or not think he needs better support just because of that.

I think our development and connection is not the same since the 2020 flag. I won’t go into the reasons for that. Suffice to say, it’s gonna take an off field rebuild to repair.

There is no doubt Dimma deserves our respect and appreciation, for sure. A coach that brought a Premiership, let alone three is legend status.

But things don’t last forever. The game adapts. We can’t just have him remain or not think he needs better support just because of that.

I think our development and connection is not the same since the 2020 flag. I won’t go into the reasons for that. Suffice to say, it’s gonna take an off field rebuild to repair.
I kindly request your reasons.

The soft cap has hurt us. Can’t guess what Dimma would be on now compared to 2016, it allowed us to surround him with the best assistants leading into our golden era . Perfect timing

The pitfalls of success!! But with 3 Premiership cups in the cabinet you wouldn’t have it any other way.

The soft cap has hurt us. Can’t guess what Dimma would be on now compared to 2016, it allowed us to surround him with the best assistants leading into our golden era . Perfect timing

The pitfalls of success!! But with 3 Premiership cups in the cabinet you wouldn’t have it any other way.

But here’s the thing: If Hardwick goes, he doesn’t take the flags with him

But here’s the thing: If Hardwick goes, he doesn’t take the flags with him
everyone eventually leaves, players, coaches, staff and if you’re lucky enough to have had success, you’re remembered by the generations after you.

2018 still hurts, screwed by a major case of gastro.
If we had of snagged that one, what a ride that would have been !!

everyone eventually leaves, players, coaches, staff and if you’re lucky enough to have had success, you’re remembered by the generations after you.

I’m happy that he’ll be remembered as a premiership coach.

Whether we have everything we need for future success, however, is an entirely different thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet n Sour in regards to 18.
That loss i reckon got us and extra flag.

yeah tru tho im kinda comfortable with the fact that Carlspoon is the one and only campaigner club to have beaten us in a Grand final in our 10 appearances over the last 56 years,kinda

No, the best way to silence the critics would be to play consistently good football
You dont believe Richmond has played consistent good footy the last 6 years ?
We were a bee's d!ck away last year and after 1 bad year you bandwagoners jump off pfft

When you win 3 flags and have to rebuild/replenish you want to flick a quality coach at the drop of a hat
Premiership coach gets 5 years after a flag and if he has won 3 that means he has exhausted the list and got the best out of them

He deserves the rebuild time and to me thats another 3 years

You dont believe Richmond has played consistent good footy the last 6 years ?
We were a bee's d!ck away last year and after 1 bad year you bandwagoners jump off pfft

When you win 3 flags and have to rebuild/replenish you want to flick a quality coach at the drop of a hat
Premiership coach gets 5 years after a flag and if he has won 3 that means he has exhausted the list and got the best out of them

He deserves the rebuild time and to me thats another 3 years

First of all, I’m not sure that we were all that close to it last year. We threw away any chance of a top four finish with a string of losses to mediocre outfits and, while we went close against Brisbane in the Elimination Final, they were ultimately destroyed by Geelong.

Secondly, as I think I’ve said before, there’s not much evidence of a rebuild. Indeed, recruiting middle-aged, ready-made players from GWS is a top-up, not a rebuild, based on the belief that the list has another flag in it, which at this stage looks like a miscalculation.

First of all, I’m not sure that we were all that close to it last year. We threw away any chance of a top four finish with a string of losses to mediocre outfits and, while we went close against Brisbane in the Elimination Final, they were ultimately destroyed by Geelong.

Secondly, as I think I’ve said before, there’s not much evidence of a rebuild. Indeed, recruiting middle-aged, ready-made players from GWS is a top-up, not a rebuild, based on the belief that the list has another flag in it, which at this stage looks like a miscalculation.
How many games did we miss by less than a kick ?
If we won 1/3 of them we would have finished top 2
Arc screwed us and if we had made the GF then who knows what happens

We were not favorites in 17 , 19 , 20 but when we get to the big dance we know how to dance

How many games did we miss by less than a kick ?
If we won 1/3 of them we would have finished top 2
Arc screwed us and if we had made the GF then who knows what happens

We were not favorites in 17 , 19 , 20 but when we get to the big dance we know how to dance

Regular finals appearances 3 flags he is more the above average. He is an elite coach.
This all done through the most compromised drafting and recruiting period in the history of the game

No question, the three flags were great. We played well, especially when it mattered, in the 2017, 2019, and 2020 seasons. Overall, it’s a slightly different calculation. We’ve won finals in four of Hardwick’s 13 (completed) seasons. That’s about 31%. In most years, six of the 18 teams win finals. That’s about 33%. Moreover, I don’t know that anyone is saying that he isn’t a competent manager/coach but he also had a handful of great players (some of whom came to the club before he did) and a good to team of assistants to come up with a game plan and help him get the best out of them. The situation now looks very different and, given that our success hinged on a pair of top three draft picks, I do wonder whether we know of any other way to get our hands on top shelf talent. We certainly don’t seem to have picked up anyone of their ilk in the last 13 drafts.

No question, the three flags were great. We played well, especially when it mattered, in the 2017, 2019, and 2020 seasons. Overall, it’s a slightly different calculation. We’ve won finals in four of Hardwick’s 13 (completed) seasons. That’s about 31%. In most years, six of the 18 teams win finals. That’s about 33%. Moreover, I don’t know that anyone is saying that he isn’t a competent manager/coach but he also had a handful of great players (some of whom came to the club before he did) and a good to team of assistants to come up with a game plan and help him get the best out of them. The situation now looks very different and, given that our success hinged on a pair of top three draft picks, I do wonder whether we know of any other way to get our hands on top shelf talent. We certainly don’t seem to have picked up anyone of their ilk in the last 13 drafts.
Top 3 picks since 2000(Bold Premierships)
N.Riewoldt,Koschitzke,Didak
Ablett,Judd Hodge.(Regarded the best draft in history)

Goddard,Wells,Brennan
Cooney,Walker,Sylvia
Lids,Roughead,Griffen
Murphy,Thomas Ellis
Gibbs,Gumbleton,Hansen
Kreuzer,Cotch,Masten
Watts,Nic Nat,Hill
Scully,Trendgrove,Dusty
Swallow,Bennell,Day
Patton,Conigllo,tyson
Whitfeild,O'rourke,Plowman
Boyd,Kelly,Billings
McCartin,Pettracca,Brayshaw
Weitering,Scache,Mills
McGrath,Taranto,McCullage
Rayner Brayshaw,Dow
Walsh,Lukosias,Rankine
Rowell,Anderson,Jackson

20 drafts
15 premiership players
out of 60.

1 in 4 chance that the player you pick in the top 3 will be a premiership player and in a few cases like Boyd & Day not at the original club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back