Hird offered to quit the game

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be interesting to hear the AFLs reasons for refusing this offer.

Would football fans have taken Essendon playing finals if it meant Hird was never to return?

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work that out.

Vlad has seen the ACC report. He know exactly what drugs went in and out of the joint.

All we are waiting on now is who took what.

No way was he going to let Essendon use PEDs then play in finals.

Hird was suspended for 12 months for his role in the supplements saga, although it can be revealed Hird offered to walk away from football for good if his players were able to play finals.

LOL
i actually find that hard to believe
Mate- it has been revealed, and despite not being corroborated we should all just accept this legend for what he is.

Disregarding the fact the Essendon were shot, and would barely contest in finals

I think the punishment wouldn't have fit the crime. IMO the Essendon organisation had to be punished more than Hird.

You must be an unpopular man in these parts. Don't you know Hird is the anti-christ?

You never offer your resignation unless you know the other party won't accept it. A Clayton's resignation. Eddie McGuire is a prime example after the Goodes / Ape gaffe. If he'd had any real remorse for his actions he would've just resigned - instead he offered his resignation to the board, but they didn't accept it. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

This is just another chapter in the beatification of St James of Hird.

It does have the ring of a corny b-grade movie - "let the girl go, she doesn't know anything"

Justice doesn't work that way, Hird has his punishment, Essendon theirs.

If it had happened, there would have rightly been an uproar.

Would football fans have taken Essendon playing finals if it meant Hird was never to return?

Not on your life. Players still potentially have infractions facing them and it would be a very very bad look for the AFL to take a deal like that, the players play finals, maybe even win grand final then 2 months later 3 quarters of the side get banned for 12 months for doping. The coach is only one part of the equation. Plus I am not convinced that's true. Not the way Hirds been acting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird made the offer to who exactly at the AFL? In writing?

It wasn't revealed. Robbo doesn't say when, where, how, and to whom. And who exactly told Robbo this story? The obvious answer is Hird himself, but I would like to see it said.

Interesting that Little refused to comment on the claim.

He had the chance to stand down back before the Freo game and he didn't. His alleged Mea Culpa came far too late.

Not that you'd expect anything different from a narcissistic sociopath.

So Hird did not offer to quit the game. The EFC supporting author of the article in question has again been proven to be nothing more than a spokesperson for the EFC (not a surprise given his masters at both News Ltd & Fox Footy are EFC supporters). It is interesting though that the PR consultant employed by EFC suggested Hird stand down. No wonder Evans eventually fell on his sword.

Hird and Essendon got everything they deserved, they (James Hird in particular) knew exactly what they were getting themselves into and they totally deserve every punishment they got. I'm sick of hearing Essendon supporters complaining about the penaltys especially the one regarding draft picks - what do you want the AFL to do, give you more draft picks for cheating?

Not to mention the fact that Essendon have offered Hird his job back in 2015, what an absolute joke. Just shows they haven't learnt anything, they have no remorse, and are a selfish, cheating club that try to buy their way out of everything.

Of course Hird knew the AFL wouldn't accept.

The main reason the AFL asked for an interim report from ASADA was because WADA, ASADA and the AFL knew Essendon were going to ultimately be found guilty of drug doping... and that players would be banned. The AFL couldn't wait until December for the report to be released because it would have been too late to punish Essendon so ASADA agreed to do an interim report so that the AFL had a basis to remove Essendon from the finals now.

Now that's been done it is back to normal transmission and ASADA finishing the report which will ultimately see players suspended and Hird banned if not for 2 years maybe even life. The AFL knew this all along.

Hird was suspended for 12 months for his role in the supplements saga, although it can be revealed Hird offered to walk away from football for good if his players were able to play finals.

LOL
i actually find that hard to believe

I don't
offered to walk away if it meant the players got to play finals but vlad said no. Hirds #1 priority was always about his players and don't give me that s**t he didn't care about the players either because he dose.

Of course Hird knew the AFL wouldn't accept.

The main reason the AFL asked for an interim report from ASADA was because WADA, ASADA and the AFL knew Essendon were going to ultimately be found guilty of drug doping... and that players would be banned. The AFL couldn't wait until December for the report to be released because it would have been too late to punish Essendon so ASADA agreed to do an interim report so that the AFL had a basis to remove Essendon from the finals now.

Now that's been done 2. it is back to normal transmission and ASADA finishing the report which will ultimately see players suspended and 1. Hird banned if not for 2 years maybe even life. The AFL knew this all along.

1. Bans don't apply for coaches or club officials only Athletes that are competing but i did hear Asada will change this for the future.

2. No players will receive bans and the interim report is final as it gets.

I would personally prefer they didn't negotiate deals with guilty parties but that's just me.

See a situation like this simply demands a public execution. If Hird had walked than we would have had to find others to take his place. The afl needed to hand out a serious punishment to someone or it would have been forced to suspend the entire club.

That is how us Christians roll mate. There has been a serious sin, we require penance.

In the corporate world, which follows mammon everyone involved would be removed including the players and you start again. That is if they are caught, if not you just keep taking the gear.

Buddhist would demand the whole club fasts on juniper bushes for the entire season and thrust themselves with vine leaves

Other religions offer alternative solutions from spearing the thigh to deflowering sisters, and other perverse acts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back