His star didnt shine long, but it shined bright -.Adam Saliba

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember one games - it may have been a preseason games vs Blues - a commentator calling him 'a faster, more skillful Andrew Jarman type'

Not too many bigger compliments

Along with Seb Packer, Peter Turner (both had injuries) and a few others he was an absolute standout youngster.

This may have been discussed over the years on BF but our initial (generous) draft concessions coincided with the most elite group of young SA players EVER coming through (or at least equal to mid/late 80's Jarmans x 2, Sticks, Naley, Bradley and Motley). To have Rehn, Roo, Smart, Hart, Wellman (D Jarman), Modra, Groom (Mc Leod) set us up for both flags in a HUGE way
I remember Bruce McAvanny saying after his first game I think "A star is born".

One of the young early crows boys I really liked, but he never kicked on, was Randell Bone. I remember watching a preseason game where he kicked 5 goals I think and marked everything that came him way.

I remember Bruce McAvanny saying after his first game I think "A star is born".

One of the young early crows boys I really liked, but he never kicked on, was Randell Bone. I remember watching a preseason game where he kicked 5 goals I think and marked everything that came him way.
Yeah Bone did have some good traits - contested marking and goal kicking accuracy - if I recall. He did lack athleticism though as probably his main weakness. Didnt he end up being traded to a Melbourne club - Horks from memory for a packet of chips

He actually reminded me of Wigney in the 93 Prelim who never should have come on for Scodges at half time when we were playing the most blistering breath-taking football I have EVER witnessed live in that second quarter. Again the Umps that day....Wanganeen, Bewick and another small little forward #### playing for frees - 3 Dons players received MORE FREE KICKS than our entire side. Most completely crap. I have no doubt being at the game and watching the replay that the Umps also decided that game (along with our bad kicking in the 2nd, and Jars miss from the top of goalsquare)

Saliba = he was a great during his brief 3 game career here midway through 1992, tiny player that played with passion. Wore a long sleeved jumper like Andrew Jarman and loved his mullet too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back