Analysis Horace's offseason Cake & Pie Thread..

Remove this Banner Ad

Something for you to ponder..

For those who love a delicious tomato sauce on their Pie (B33 dislikes this) do you cover the top so it drips off (water the roof) or do you open the lid, insert said sauce and close the lid (flood the cellar) before chowing down?

I 'm a water the roof kinda guy.

For those who love a delicious tomato sauce on their Pie (B33 dislikes this) do you cover the top so it drips off (water the roof) or do you open the lid, insert said sauce and close the lid (flood the cellar) before chowing down?

Water the roof kinda guy.

By hand, e.g at the footy, water the roof.

At home with a plate and a knife and fork and two pies - (1) water the roof heavily, (2) eat each pie through the roof until all that's left is the crust sans roof, (3) polish off the crust. Yum!

Over here (Canada) we have things called beavertails, which are pastries topped with sex. Second pic doesn't do it justice, but it's my favourite kind - the cheesecake beavertail.

beaver-tail.jpg

thumb_600.jpg

Over here (Canada) we have things called beavertails, which are pastries topped with sex. Second pic doesn't do it justice, but it's my favourite kind - the cheesecake beavertail.
I think Canadians are having a different kind of sex to us...o_O

I can see why you purchased one though...'Come in to our bakery. We have pastries topped with sex"

BN-AT513_1212ma_M_20131212102118.jpg

upload_2014-12-17_21-44-44.png For those who might be getting itchy feet (or should that be itchy taste buds) as Christmas dinner beckons, here is an image of some Christmas Puddings I made today. Cooked in Fowlers Vacola preserving jars for 4 hours in 2 lots of 3 each.

Just add your own cream..

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-17_21-42-37.png
    upload_2014-12-17_21-42-37.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2014-12-17_21-45-43.png
    upload_2014-12-17_21-45-43.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 98623 For those who might be getting itchy feet (or should that be itchy taste buds) as Christmas dinner beckons, here is an image of some Christmas Puddings I made today. Cooked in Fowlers Vacola preserving jars for 4 hours in 2 lots of 3 each.

WOW. Cream with some vanilla and sugar whipped in:) ...... Where do you live again , Horace ?;)

View attachment 98623 For those who might be getting itchy feet (or should that be itchy taste buds) as Christmas dinner beckons, here is an image of some Christmas Puddings I made today. Cooked in Fowlers Vacola preserving jars for 4 hours in 2 lots of 3 each.

Nice... you'll need some hard sauce to go with the cream (an icing sugar, butter and brandy - not really a sauce but it's mind blowingly good).

So just realised National Pies is a Tassie brand, so people would have no idea what i was talking about.

You guys are missing out if theyre not on the mainland.
Have to disagree there, National Pies are the Dan Currie of pies (purely backup only) then again the mainlanders would probably lap them up, I mean they seem to love Boags Draught and pretty much no one here under 60 can stand that stuff.

Have to disagree there, National Pies are the Dan Currie of pies (purely backup only) then again the mainlanders would probably lap them up, I mean they seem to love Boags Draught and pretty much no one here under 60 can stand that stuff.
Let me rephrase. the Chunky steak one.

It's nice knowing that theres identifiable meat in them.

Let me rephrase. the Chunky steak one.

It's nice knowing that theres identifiable meat in them.

Ok, chunky steak one is an upgrade on the standard one, but still beaten by almost any bakery made Tassie pie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back