How are your points of difference going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that I'm not alone in getting keen on a handful of relatively under-the-radar players early on, and putting them into the team in the hope that I have chosen well enough to get an advantage. Here are the ones that I started with pre Round 1, and my assessment:

Jordan Lewis - done well
Luke Parker - slow start but going well
Courtenay Dempsey - stubbornness prevented me from picking Lake or Marty Clarke, so it was out of Dempsey and Hargreave. Looked great for 2 weeks, but right from the start the big risk was that he's injury prone ...
Nick Suban - WTF was I thinking, a disaster.

Re: So, how are your POD's going

Hargraves: Poor start, but considering his price, not too bad. Stepped up this weekend, so hopefully he is on the rise.

Hanley: Great start, thought I hit gold, before 2 scores in the 50's had me cursing his name. Earns a reprieve this week, but is skating on thin ice.

Howard: Injured in the 1st round, traded for Dempsey

Cooney: Slow start but has picked up in the last couple of weeks

Christensen: Worried after starting as the sub in the first week, but starting to look like a good pickup

Kreuzer: As my only premium ruckman, started well but not looking great the last couple of weeks

I have Hale and I've been pretty happy with him so far; averaging 85 and he's sitting in the forward line and provides some cover for my rucks. Likely I'll sub him into the rucks in the byes and cash in someone like Redden. The Hawks have had a tough draw early on and from now on scoring should be easier for him.

Worried about Yarran, happy enough with mitch robinson though after a horrible rd 1.

in hindsight, got sucked into a cookie cutter team yet again :D

Not sure which of these qualify as PODS, but I have mixed results with A. Swallow, S. Jacobs, Sidebottom (from start), and Dangerfield.

Rockliff is my only POD, is currently ranked 14 and is only in 2.55% of teams. A massive 167 last week sure made up for that stinker against Carlton.

Not terrible "different" but I have both Dempsey and Hargreave. One started great then disappeared, one started poorly then came alive last week.

Be nice if they could both stay on the park and just play "OK", because they should rise a bit further and can then ship 'em out for real players.

Went the POD approach last year with mixed results (Daniel Cross :mad:), less so this year.

Sidebottom: Thought he'd be a POD but in more teams than I expected. Great so far.

Dal Santo: Average, great first game but not much since.

Caddy: Terrible. Gone this week.

Not having Franklin: Hasn't hurt me that much, although for 7FA and 1.6 I would've hoped for a lower score. Will be my first upgrade.

Traded Luke Parker to Brent Stanton after round 1...not sure what to think of that, loss on cash flow and decent scores, but Stanton has been amazing and is a keeper...

Trav Cloke, Hargrave, Adcock and Waters are others that have been very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides the 1st rd Clancee Pearce has avgd above 100 so he's been really good.

Jacob Surjan has done okay for his price.

Luke Parker has been decent, will only get better.

Sam Jacobs has been so so.

Hargreave, not too bad.

Waters has been really good.

Boomer 4.7%
Rance 2.4%
S. Selwood 7.1%

Boomer got sat on last week but still averaging 96, happy with all of them. Was happy with Carrazzo until last week.

Rockliff - really happy.:thumbsu:

Hale - as others have said, averaging 85 despite a tough start for the Hawks.

Lewis - really glad I took the punt. Has been excellent.

Malceski - came in for Broughton, been happy with him so far.

Bower - disappointing so far. Given Laidler's long term injury, he should stay in Carlton's team, but needs to do more. Should still be a bit of a cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back