How Did Judd Decide The 4 Clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pardon my ignorance,but if Judd has no preference as to which Melbourne club he is going to play with-how did he condense them down to the said 4?

Paul Connors basically confirmed Judd is meeting with only the four clubs mentioned on SEN this morning.

I follow the Hawks and are insulted that he wouldnt want to be part of our future.I have gone from thinking he is a superstar who i loved to watch to thinking i hope he does go to a lower club and have mediocre team success for the rest of his career.I'm sure followers of other clubs he chooses not to speak to would feel the same way.

I follow the Hawks and are insulted that he wouldnt want to be part of our future.I have gone from thinking he is a superstar who i loved to watch to thinking i hope he does go to a lower club and have mediocre team success for the rest of his career.I'm sure followers of other clubs he chooses not to speak to would feel the same way.

I think youll find Judd has a great dis-like fore rec drugs, the hawks have a very young group, and a culture that he might not like too much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connors on SEN this morning said they were meeting with the 4 but others had not been categorically ruled out (my words not his). The impression I got was the 4 were the 4 and the media got it right but offers would still be fielded from others however those offers were unlikely to result in much. When asked about Nisbett’s comments about wanting options re clubs to deal with Connors said they understood WCE’s position but he was deliberately non committal. When asked by Watson whether they might direct WCE to negotiate with the 4 he said it was possible but unlikely.

I was left with the impression that Judd would work out who he wants to play for and WCE and that club would have to nut out a deal. At the outside Judd might narrow it down to two but it seemed to me Judd would make up his mind on his club of choice. Interesting Connors also said Richmond with the first PSD pick hadn’t been ruled out. It didn’t seem to be a threatening comment but who knows what posturing is taking place behind the scenes.

-The two big Vic powerhouses with connections, money and a need
-The club with what WC want
-Sentimental outsider where he could make a big difference

Must involve the powerhouses to create competiton and discussion with Carlton to extract their top picks out on table
Deliberately leave some clubs on the outer to artifically entice them to try real hard and therefore boost the stakes

Judd and Connors have the upperhand but will work with WC to make it as happy as they can, but have a "safety"/ positon of strength PSD.

It would be soooo Carrrrrltonish to want to snare the best... but I don't reckon it is in their best interest would do better with two ready proven young stars

Ditto Eddieville, but they would have to loose quality and place extreme pressure on future cap...not really ideal for them even though Buckley close to retirement

Essendon could not possiblity wish for any better incluson to their troublesome midfield/list

Dees ought to be workin 24*7 flat out to figure out a way to still have some hope of competing after necessary trades. Judd could turn around over a half a century of disaster and even gain more respect in the footy world.

Candy Culture.

Oh, and I think he's still peeved that the Hawks said they'd take him then didn't and he was packing his bags.

The candy culture is a tad smoke screenish

Collingwood is a future destention massive off field drama this year with Didak

Carlton is a future destention the original Drugs in football drama team

St kilda supposedly written off due to board issues, yet Essendon with no coach is a show?

I would say facilities but Hawthorn's are supposed to be right up there aren't they?????

Lists are clearly no issue as Essendon and Melbourne are at the start of a rebuild and hence the list now is gonna undergo massive changes while he was there.

Could captaincy be a factor all four clubs will need a captian in the near future. Especially after foot in mouth Llyod's comments the other day.

The other issue could be as Hodge2Franklin said they are the clubs that can fit him in the salary cap atm AND afford the fee he is asking

You could list reasons not to go to any club.

Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne & Richmond all appear to be well away from a premiership.

St Kilda, Western Bulldogs & Kangaroos all have "club" issues.

Geelong have salary cap problems. Hawthorn have [deleted] issues, and there is an unwillingness to deal with Collingwood. The Pies also seem to have a reluctance to give West Coast what they need to make it happen.

Candy Culture.

Oh, and I think he's still peeved that the Hawks said they'd take him then didn't and he was packing his bags.

Mate the bombers recruiting is so bad they would have probably still taken shane harvey with their first pick if they had the #1 selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back