Beauty & Style How much body hair do you have and how do you deal with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm half Middle Eastern and half Irish. My Irish side has a fair bit of Spanish in it, although mixed, as the Spanish roots can be dated back centuries.

My Middle Eastern side migrated from Italy around 500 years ago. They're all pretty much a hodgepodge of Mediterranean mixture.

tl;dr - I'm a bit hairy like you...
Funny this should be brought up right now - I happened to be hacking at my downstairs mane this morning and accidentally dug the electric shaver teeth into bits it shouldn't be dug into... :oops:

Funny this should be brought up right now - I happened to be hacking at my downstairs mane this morning and accidentally dug the electric shaver teeth into bits it shouldn't be dug into... :oops:
Ah, dude! Yeah... there's nothing worse than jagging your sack when manscaping that region!

It's a rather acute sting

I permanently removed the hair on my back and thinned my chest. Clean downstairs which I do with a razor blade, none of this clipper s**t. Never have cut myself. Strangely I hardly have any hair in the armpits and legs while I trim my arms.

Love being smooth, especially with olive skin :thumbsu:

Chest, back and shoulders hairy. Shoulders I try and keep trim for when I wear singlets as they can be a bit unsightly. Otherwise leave it. Have thought about laser to keep the back/shoulders under control but couldn't see the worth in how much it cost. I don't really care if other people don't like it.

My partners daughter is only young (under 10) and is quite hairy (back/legs etc) She is very self conscious of it but not much to be done as I don't think waxing/shaving will help in the long run and too young for laser. Hoping it falls out once puberty hits, but who knows

Chest, back and shoulders hairy. Shoulders I try and keep trim for when I wear singlets as they can be a bit unsightly. Otherwise leave it. Have thought about laser to keep the back/shoulders under control but couldn't see the worth in how much it cost. I don't really care if other people don't like it.

My partners daughter is only young (under 10) and is quite hairy (back/legs etc) She is very self conscious of it but not much to be done as I don't think waxing/shaving will help in the long run and too young for laser. Hoping it falls out once puberty hits, but who knows
Yeah that's not uncommon around that age and usually sorts itself out

I’ll chase something up on my laptop.

But interestingly did you know the cancer council is one of the dodgiest organisations in Oz?

If you read, put sunscreen on 30 minutes before you go into the sun; do you think:

A) it takes 30 minutes to work? Or
B) sunscreen is highly volatile in sunlight and causes melanomas?

This fact was highlighted to me by a CEO of a large sunscreen manufacturer approved by the cancer council.

First point = I don't doubt that.

a) Should work once rubbed in.

b) Speaking from personal experience - No sunscreen = I burn to a bloody crisp in 20 minutes.

UV 30+ 50+ Some light burn and a nasty allergic reaction

Some light sun cream with the right brand = No issues.

Sorry I realise there is dodgy research but just going out in an Australian Sun with no protection is insane.

As for Body hair. Hate it but have to live with it. When it gets out of hand I just get it waxed. (Doesn't actually hurt that much. Just inconvenient. Like an hour long hair cut).

Can't seem to find any place that sells the hair grooming kits with the attachment so you can shave your back :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back