Delisted Hugh Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe how big Goddard is, especially when he's standing next to Holmes in that video. I took a photo with Holmes at the family day this year and I only came up to his chest! :confused:

I can't believe how big Goddard is, especially when he's standing next to Holmes in that video. I took a photo with Holmes at the family day this year and I only came up to his chest! :confused:

lol:D

13 touches, 3 marks and 2 hitouts in a pretty decent debut for Hughy.

image.jpg

By no means a passenger, nor was he beaten on the night; I expect this will be the first game in a long and storied career in the RW&B.

13 touches, 3 marks and 2 hitouts in a pretty decent debut for Hughy.

View attachment 154266

By no means a passenger, nor was he beaten on the night; I expect this will be the first game in a long and storied career in the RW&B.

He got dusted up twice from memory- out-bodied/positioned by Griffiths and Lennon- both deep in defence (Tigers were probably isolating the debutant). But he did play very well for a 1st gamer.

I came late and could only watch the second half but I saw him crash into Jack Riewoldt hard a few times to create a contest.

Jack may have won both contests (but let's face it, Jack has become a special player) but he will be very, very sore.

Interesting to note that when cousin Brendon was interviewed before the game he suggested that Hugh's natural position was forward and that's where he saw him ultimately ending up.

I've seen him play at U18s, Champs, Sandy and now AFL and I can't see him being anything other than an AA KPD... Though I'll concede he may play the odd stint forward in games.

Interesting to note that when cousin Brendon was interviewed before the game he suggested that Hugh's natural position was forward and that's where he saw him ultimately ending up.

I've seen him play at U18s, Champs, Sandy and now AFL and I can't see him being anything other than an AA KPD... Though I'll concede he may play the odd stint forward in games.

He'll be the only player to ever be named AA KPD and KPF in the same year. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

930187.jpg

Really good interview with Hugh on K-Rock after the Dees game:

@AFL_JenPhelan: Saints continue to lock up their talent with key defender Hugh Goddard signing a contract extension @stkildafc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back