Hull Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been rumours for a little while now that we've been looking for a buyer for a fair while, and the clubs stocks have never been higher. Apparently AA rejected an offer just before the FA Cup Final.

It's so hard to tell. We could get a billionaire in - there have been significant rumours about a couple so I'm not dismissing this as a pipe dream at all - who could transform the club a la Man City, or completely * it up a la Blackburn/Cardiff. We could get an owner in who sacks Bruce and completely destroys the hard work of the last few years.

The only positive I've heard is a strong rumour that the deadline day transfers were sanctioned by the incoming, so at least signals intent.

HOWEVER, there could be no new owner, and it could be an announcement about his son taking charge of the club as he retires. No one has a clue. All I can go off is the rumours.

We'll find out soon I suppose.

Got to hand it to Allam, purely from a footballing perspective he's been great for your club in taking from the Championship to Europe in just a few years.

Got to hand it to Allam, purely from a footballing perspective he's been great for your club in taking from the Championship to Europe in just a few years.

To be honest apart from the name change issue, the fans absolutely love him.

He took over the club on the verge of administration and plowed 30+m into the club when he could have picked it up for free a week later but with a -9 points penalty which would just about have relegated us. He ploughed millions upon millions into improving the staff, the players, the grounds, the Academy, and he's basically made us self-sustaining - turned a profit last year. IF he is selling up, I would trust him to only sell to someone who can take the club to the next level, and not undo all the good he has done.

Strongest rumour I've heard is this guy:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagit_Alekperov

After graduation, he continued to work there, and by 1979 he had advanced from engineer to deputy head of a production unit. He had to work in extreme conditions on oil platforms. On one occasion, an explosion on his rig threw him into the stormy Caspian sea, and he had to swim for his life.

Sounds like ******* Chuck Norris lol.

I've always had nightmares of being owned by a Vag...

Pretty interesting stuff SM! Any idea on a ballpark figure what the club would be valued at/potentially sold for?

Wouldn't mind Allam coming in and buying us off Cashley :cool:

Pretty interesting stuff SM! Any idea on a ballpark figure what the club would be valued at/potentially sold for?

Wouldn't mind Allam coming in and buying us off Cashley :cool:

Well there's 100m debt in the club that is owed to Allam, but it's suggested he's going to write a chunk of that off. We don't own the stadium, but then again, neither do Man City, so no idea how the valuation would go.

Sadly looks like this thread's original topic is about to become relevant again..

Is this what the rumoured announcement was in relation to SM?

Not being sold/put up for sale?

Is this what the rumoured announcement was in relation to SM?

Not being sold/put up for sale?

Sounds like it's a "Change the name of the club or I sell" announcement, which seems ******* bizarre.

US investment company Cain Hoy has officially come out and said they are interested in buying Spurs. We have until October 10 to decide whether they accept any offer

US investment company Cain Hoy has officially come out and said they are interested in buying Spurs. We have until October 10 to decide whether they accept any offer

So Villa, Spurs, Toon and Hull are all up for sale. Out of that lot surely we're the least attractive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about that, Villa have been up for sale since May and there hasn't been much interest because of their poor finances.

Villa has much stronger history and supporter base than us though I would have thought. Suppose the upward trend of Hull might play in our favour compared to Vill, but certainly we're no more attractive than Spurs or Toon. I guess we'd be cheaper.

Don't know about that, Villa have been up for sale since May and there hasn't been much interest because of their poor finances.

I thought that Villa finally had their finances sorted even though they posted a loss. Lerner converted almost 100m in debt to equity, clearing it from Villa.

I thought that Villa finally had their finances sorted even though they posted a loss. Lerner converted almost 100m in debt to equity, clearing it from Villa.

I must've missed that, I know he's recently tried cutting costs which is why they've barely spent anything this window.

I must've missed that, I know he's recently tried cutting costs which is why they've barely spent anything this window.

I think they were going to finally break even without the need to sell their best players again this season.

I really hope clubs like Southampton, Villa, Blackburn, Hull, West Ham, Leeds, Newcastle etc are able to remain financially competitive.

I hope we do the same, would make us a much more attractive club.

What's Hull like as a footballing market though?

Getting better, but it's largely been a Rugby League city for a long time. Swinging in favour of the football team now.

Only just seen Allam's comments about making us a CL team. :confused:

I think Man Cities shown with the right investment nothing is impossible.

Sure, but Allam seems to think he has the finances to do it, and he's only got a couple of hundred million behind him, not the billions the City owners have.

No idea what this cryptic message on the official website means

15 September 2014

Tottenham Hotspur Limited (“THFC”)

Rule 2.10 Announcement

In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code"), THFC confirms that, as at the close of business on 12 September 2014, it had 213,102,209 ordinary shares of 5 pence each in issue. The International Securities Identification Number for THFC shares is GB0008962986.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back