Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As NOP said six pack Culcairns losses seem to outway their gains at this point of the season. Kane Goode for the last four games is great but not much good if they finish outside the six.With losses of the calibre of Donnan,Charlton-White,2 Schultz boys ,Hutchens etc,you could be forgiven for thinking they might drop down a peg or two,might be wrong ,time will tell...;)
Went to look at Culcairns recruits on wed & only 8 at training, Whats going on at the lions ???

Have the Saints lost anyone besides Schilg?

Are they a sure thing to play finals with their tougher draw in 2011?

They have only lost one other senior player due to moving away. BB were the only ones to beat howlong and were in front at half time both times when they played culcairn. I think we should be around the mark again. We have bulked up our list with a few returning players. Hopefully Mckimmie can jag a couple of late signings.

The only team to flog us was Jindera, and to tell you the truth i cant see anyone winning the flag this year besides Jindera. The only thing that will stop them from winning the flag, is their ego's which had a large impact on them last year.

They have only lost one other senior player due to moving away. BB were the only ones to beat howlong and were in front at half time both times when they played culcairn. I think we should be around the mark again. We have bulked up our list with a few returning players. Hopefully Mckimmie can jag a couple of late signings.

The only team to flog us was Jindera, and to tell you the truth i cant see anyone winning the flag this year besides Jindera. The only thing that will stop them from winning the flag, is their ego's which had a large impact on them last year.

Hard to argue with all your points there - Will be good to see the Saints back up last year with another strong season.

Mate of mine reckons Osborne will miss the top 6 - good call/bad call??

Couple of notable losses, despite their high profile recruits - I'm saying good call.

Hard to argue with all your points there - Will be good to see the Saints back up last year with another strong season.

Mate of mine reckons Osborne will miss the top 6 - good call/bad call??

Couple of notable losses, despite their high profile recruits - I'm saying good call.
Good call on Osborne I think.
Over the past few years Jindera allways seem certs at this time of year. Would of thought Holbrook would be more then handy, along with Howlong as well.
Smokey would be Lockhart as they seem to have recruited well, and certainly were not as bad as their position suggested last year.
Great season coming up!

Good call on Osborne I think.
Over the past few years Jindera allways seem certs at this time of year. Would of thought Holbrook would be more then handy, along with Howlong as well.
Smokey would be Lockhart as they seem to have recruited well, and certainly were not as bad as their position suggested last year.
Great season coming up!

Anyone you speak to from Wagga will tell you that Lockhart's coaches are both absolute guns so you can only see them improving.

You'd think that Lockhart and Holbrook might replace Osborne and Murray Magpies in the 6 at this stage.

Even clubs like the Billabong Crows and CDHBU look like they're going to improve a bit but they're still obviously still quite a long way off pushing their way up the ladder.

Anyone you speak to from Wagga will tell you that Lockhart's coaches are both absolute guns so you can only see them improving.

You'd think that Lockhart and Holbrook might replace Osborne and Murray Magpies in the 6 at this stage.

Even clubs like the Billabong Crows and CDHBU look like they're going to improve a bit but they're still obviously still quite a long way off pushing their way up the ladder.
Dont discount Henty who will make significant improvement on last year although have been dealt a horror draw.You have to feel for Henty , they are putting their faith in local kids and have very little cash. If Holbrook do not make the final 6 then they will have spent a fortune for nothing as their draw is a dream come true....:confused:

Have the Saints lost anyone besides Schilg?

Are they a sure thing to play finals with their tougher draw in 2011?
That isn't Guest is it?:confused: If so thats a pretty fair loss but they had great depth last year so i'm sure those boys can spread the load. Anyone know how Lockhart are shaping up for this year? News up there has been pretty quiet.

On other off season news. Looks like McKimmie @ BB is struggling with the recruitment side of his new role. As far as im aware he has not managed to secure ONE player who has not played at the club in the past. (who will be a senior player)

BB should be around the same mark as last year, but i wouldnt think that they would progress to far into finals.

Unless Mckimmie has some signings under his belt - i am a fairly disappointed clubman at this point in time. So much O&M experiance and to not be able to even secure Lavington 2nds players is a very poor effort in my mind.

Although his training of the team appears to be working, the boys are far fitter then this time last year and should not have to worry about running out of legs.

Why would you want him to secure Lavi seconds players? That'd just make my job harder.
If you're such a clubman, stop your moaning, get off the computer and go and give him some names and numbers to chase up!

Why would you want him to secure Lavi seconds players? That'd just make my job harder.
If you're such a clubman, stop your moaning, get off the computer and go and give him some names and numbers to chase up!

Good point. Reading previous posts, this person sounds like one of the supporters of Eddy. These people were not happy with his dumping (although the man was a great recruiter, was a terrible coach). I wish McKimmie all the best, and from what I have heard is a great coach and all I have spoken to are very happy with the way things are going.

I just hope people like ATS give McKimmie their support...

Good point. Reading previous posts, this person sounds like one of the supporters of Eddy. These people were not happy with his dumping (although the man was a great recruiter, was a terrible coach). I wish McKimmie all the best, and from what I have heard is a great coach and all I have spoken to are very happy with the way things are going.

He'll do just fine. Nicknamed 'skills' for a reason - he's good at everything he does!

From what I gather, almost anyone could've got the saints into the top few last year thanks to a friendly draw.

Help me out all, is the responsibility for recruiting at hume league clubs left to the coach alone? Or do some/most/all clubs have some sort of recruiting committee set up to assist with the whole show? I'm sure it's probably different for all clubs, so let us know how it works where you are.

He'll do just fine. Nicknamed 'skills' for a reason - he's good at everything he does!

From what I gather, almost anyone could've got the saints into the top few last year thanks to a friendly draw.

Help me out all, is the responsibility for recruiting at hume league clubs left to the coach alone? Or do some/most/all clubs have some sort of recruiting committee set up to assist with the whole show? I'm sure it's probably different for all clubs, so let us know how it works where you are.

Do i taste Blood in the Water???

And Mckimmie is doing an awesome Job at recruiting, i hear he is close to signing a certian Brisbane forward who got sacked in recent weeks. Should put pen to paper in the coming days, and after it is a done deal.... HE WILL BE THE BEST RECRUITER OF ALL TIME!!! :thumbsu:

Do i taste Blood in the Water???

And Mckimmie is doing an awesome Job at recruiting, i hear he is close to signing a certian Brisbane forward who got sacked in recent weeks. Should put pen to paper in the coming days, and after it is a done deal.... HE WILL BE THE BEST RECRUITER OF ALL TIME!!! :thumbsu:

Way to fill the forum with rubbish JG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not an Eddy supporter, I am a club supporter and have been for many many years.

And if you re-read my post - I stated that he is doing a great job with training the boys, and that they are far fitter then this time last year under Eddy. Very impressed!

But what he has struggled with is "recruitment". I also stated that i hope he can jag a couple of late signings. If anyone has different views on if McKimmie has been successful this off season in terms of recruitment, then by all means - Please name the players?

Mckimmie has my support!

And in terms of the boys having an easy draw last year, we had an eaiser draw them some, but we were a very good side last year!

Can anyone name the other teams which beat Howlong in the Home and Away season last year? :rolleyes:

And Just Guns - I would consider this "so called ex brisbane player" a massive signing! :)

talking to some henty people and they are confident of upsetting 1 or 2 in the first few rounds but personally I cant see it
I guess it depends 'which Henty people you speak to,every club has supporters who claim to know a lot and havent really got a clue. The Henty people I have spoken to know they have the job in front of them,they also know that to play finals they would have to cause a couple of upsets and the league is shaping up to be very competitive this season with several clubs recruiting strongly...

how does it make your job harder, unless your "skillsie", recruiting lavi 2nds players would not make your job harder at all would it? still quality players in the hume league most of them, looking at your past posts looks like a lavi boy, definately hope your only a fan of him and not he himself, because saying he is called "skills" for a reason, sounds like love to me

how does it make your job harder, unless your "skillsie", recruiting lavi 2nds players would not make your job harder at all would it? still quality players in the hume league most of them, looking at your past posts looks like a lavi boy, definately hope your only a fan of him and not he himself, because saying he is called "skills" for a reason, sounds like love to me

Embarrassment.Complete embarrassment....Give yourself a month long ban.

Only a month??

This is the most action this site has seen all off season. Good to see some good banter going on.
So at the end of all this recruitment talk do we think bb are going to be around the mark again this year? I have been hearing the culcairn are expected to drop off this year.

And I think howlong won't be as strong, but will still be in the finals. I think it was a good call on Osborn not making finals. Holbrook should improve and possibly fill a spot in the finals.
At this point in time I couldn't tell who is going to play off the the grand final. It's going to be a very competitive season this year.
How's jindera shaping up? Big stories before Xmas and since there has been very little spoken about them!

This is the most action this site has seen all off season. Good to see some good banter going on.
So at the end of all this recruitment talk do we think bb are going to be around the mark again this year? I have been hearing the culcairn are expected to drop off this year.

And I think howlong won't be as strong, but will still be in the finals. I think it was a good call on Osborn not making finals. Holbrook should improve and possibly fill a spot in the finals.
At this point in time I couldn't tell who is going to play off the the grand final. It's going to be a very competitive season this year.
How's jindera shaping up? Big stories before Xmas and since there has been very little spoken about them!

BB will be around the mark again for sure, Howlong did lose a few but have recruited well from what i have heard, not sure on Culcairn lost alot of talent from what i have read in papers would be hard to replace all of them. Anyone know what practise matches are to be played or have been played?

ha ha thats funny...

Re: Holbrook understatement of the season so far! Absolute locks for finals with the draw they have. They'd still make finals anyway even with one of the tougher draws that someone like Howlong has.

Jindera flag favourites at this stage.

Re: Holbrook understatement of the season so far! Absolute locks for finals with the draw they have. They'd still make finals anyway even with one of the tougher draws that someone like Howlong has.

Jindera flag favourites at this stage.
Jindera favourites.. unless they have picked up at least six real handy players(names if they have) dont no how they could be favs they were a long way off the pace last year an were just making up numbers:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back