Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not a new thing for players to leave or chase more cash the year after a premiership year, hence the reason only one club has achieved back to back in past 30 years (Osborne) in 08 JIndera started the year without
Ryan, Holman, Mackie, Quarmby, Garland, wellington, Scott, Blomely, Weldon, rixon. The last 4 did however play the 2nd half of the year.
As for Kilmartin i personally spoke to him yesterday and he said he will be at OUR training next week, so those facts may not be accurate.

As for the turn over of players it's not such a bad thing. This year we will take the field with only 1 or 2 over the age of 30.
We haven't been in the papers pushing our recruits but believe me we have a number of players that have joined the club that will keep us somewhere in the finals mix. The club has had a 6 or 7 years of success which won 2 premierships and it gives the strong juniors are chance to have a crack at senior footy.
Excited about good friday footy. I know Howlong will be hoping for a big crowd to help finance their recruiting spree. For us it will be a great opportunity for our young side to play in front of a big crowd. Haysey and Jacka who pioneered the idea should be congratulated.

its not a new thing for players to leave or chase more cash the year after a premiership year, hence the reason only one club has achieved back to back in past 30 years (Osborne) in 08 JIndera started the year without
Ryan, Holman, Mackie, Quarmby, Garland, wellington, Scott, Blomely, Weldon, rixon. The last 4 did however play the 2nd half of the year.
As for Kilmartin i personally spoke to him yesterday and he said he will be at OUR training next week, so those facts may not be accurate.

As for the turn over of players it's not such a bad thing. This year we will take the field with only 1 or 2 over the age of 30.
We haven't been in the papers pushing our recruits but believe me we have a number of players that have joined the club that will keep us somewhere in the finals mix. The club has had a 6 or 7 years of success which won 2 premierships and it gives the strong juniors are chance to have a crack at senior footy.
Excited about good friday footy. I know Howlong will be hoping for a big crowd to help finance their recruiting spree. For us it will be a great opportunity for our young side to play in front of a big crowd. Haysey and Jacka who pioneered the idea should be congratulated.

Well said NOP, alot of secondhand info gets carried through this forum but hey it keeps us all amused.
The Good Friday game will be sure to get some coverage and the guys behind the scenes making it happen should pat themselves on the back. The day shouldnt be about just two clubs but the league itself. Shows how strong our league is getting and the more support the day recieves locally the more money is raised for charity and not just to pay for Howlong's recruits. It will also expose the league on a national level.
If some people put a bit back in when it comes to thier sporting club and local community instead of been money grabbers for a kick than maybe some clubs would become more successful.
Hard to find loyal footballers these days.
Hume League 2012 is looking like a cracker........

Top 6 Predictions:

Culcairn
Holbrook
Howlong
Osborne
Jindera
BB Saints

Well said NOP, alot of secondhand info gets carried through this forum but hey it keeps us all amused.
The Good Friday game will be sure to get some coverage and the guys behind the scenes making it happen should pat themselves on the back. The day shouldnt be about just two clubs but the league itself. Shows how strong our league is getting and the more support the day recieves locally the more money is raised for charity and not just to pay for Howlong's recruits. It will also expose the league on a national level.
If some people put a bit back in when it comes to thier sporting club and local community instead of been money grabbers for a kick than maybe some clubs would become more successful.
Hard to find loyal footballers these days.
Hume League 2012 is looking like a cracker........

Top 6 Predictions:

Culcairn
Holbrook
Howlong
Osborne
Jindera
BB Saints

Cul to finish top ya reckon?
Big call. I would of had Osborne up bit higher, few blokes coming back plus easy draw.
News coming from the magpies, may of signed an ex-afl superstar for a one off game. Any takers on whom?

What does everyone think about walla at the present. With some of these names being thrown around. Will they have a chance of making finals? Or will this be the straw that broke the camels back?

Bit behind the times , but the good Friday game, what ground is it being played at? Damn good idea.

Big call. I would of had Osborne up bit higher, few blokes coming back plus easy draw.
News coming from the magpies, may of signed an ex-afl superstar for a one off game. Any takers on whom?

What does everyone think about walla at the present. With some of these names being thrown around. Will they have a chance of making finals? Or will this be the straw that broke the camels back?

Bit behind the times , but the good Friday game, what ground is it being played at? Damn good idea.

Played at howlong........i did forget to add the day is raising money for the Good Friday appeal fantastic initative.

Who are the players linked to Walla? From all reports the new coach Nagle is extremely aggressive when it comes to recruiting, so you would expect some good names!
I also think RW Tigers will finish at the top end this year. Have a super draw, and have around 6 former players returning like 2x Wilde, Telford and Dickson for the whole year, should be more than handy:thumbsu:

Who are the players linked to Walla? From all reports the new coach Nagle is extremely aggressive when it comes to recruiting, so you would expect some good names!
I also think RW Tigers will finish at the top end this year. Have a super draw, and have around 6 former players returning like 2x Wilde, Telford and Dickson for the whole year, should be more than handy:thumbsu:
Limited coach hinders Rand/Walb. Some good players returning though-granted.Magpies picked up Callum Oates from Lavington and a couple of other guys with some experience apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back