Hume FL......2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's a big call, people chucking jindera in the Premership favorites list, they have only really publically signed Josh walker and a few others.. Big call throwing them in as Favorites

Nobody is talking jindera up as premiership favourites. we were a fair way off the top sides. Hoping our recruits both publicly announced and the ones under our hat provide the support and add the depth to our developing juniors. looking to be more competitive, win a few games and see how we sit.

They are losing a few. From what I hear a few palyers still contracted want out, heading to Culcairn South. Think they have been scared off because they might actually have to train instaed of just showing up on a Saturday. Word also going around is that Klemke heading back to Henty to ride the coat tails of Piltz, that could be interesting seeing they didnt want him back in 07. Sources tell me Doswell been offered $28,000 from Holbrook. Cant see how Wodonga can compete with that. The money pit at Holbrook seems to be getting biggger, premiership or bust next year! I could go on and on but I dont want to be one of those guys who gets accused of hiding behind a keyboard;). Anyway, my early predictions for next year, if all recruiting rumours are true, the premiership will won by one of these 4. Osborne, Holbrook ,Jindera or Henty.

NOP, someone obviously thinks you're a flag favourite, obviously terribly misguided, but there is one out there.

I wouldn't have myself or my boy play for the Saints. And I am not sure why it would matter whether or not I was the new Raiders coach? I don't see anyone else posting there names, why would I.

I can now definitely confirm, from a close source that all Bolton boys are being contacted from various clubs including Walbundrie, Wahgunyah, Billabong crows and the Murray Magpies. As for the Bradshaws, Darryn is set to retire and the other boys are definitely leaving Howlong.

It doesn't take a member of a football club to see what's happening inside the club when it's clear as day infront of you!

You sound like a Angry man, who has had personal involvement in both Jindera and BB.
you words kinda sound like an ex coach, would that be correct ??

Wowee Holbrook are going all out. added Doswell Shir and hayden heta. lost bloom fulford hibberson and Willis. seems to be an all or nothing year for the lads from Mt Thomas.

Wowee Holbrook are going all out. added Doswell Shir and hayden heta. lost bloom fulford hibberson and Willis. seems to be an all or nothing year for the lads from Mt Thomas.
On the money there NOP. Just wondering how much money they do have. It might be a bit of tug-a-war to get Shir and Doswell . Doesn't Heta play in Melbourne somewhere? Ifso him and Thompson can car pool. So what we are saying is if they will end up wooden spooners in 2014 and be broke? These guys don't come cheap !!!

On the money there NOP. Just wondering how much money they do have. It might be a bit of tug-a-war to get Shir and Doswell . Doesn't Heta play in Melbourne somewhere? Ifso him and Thompson can car pool. So what we are saying is if they will end up wooden spooners in 2014 and be broke? These guys don't come cheap !!!

Few big ins + outs for the brookers there...I doubt it will be all or bust though, be plenty left in the coffers

Wouldn't mind a branch off that tree.
no doubt the Brookers are paying for a number of players - well - but it's easy to overlook that most of the side are locals who get maybe $50-$100. Their total backline was locals, nearly all the forwards bar Lamby were locals or played nearly 100 games at the club (eg Breeny and Bakes). I find it interesting the 'buying premiership' lines that clubs reel out when they are 'rebuilding' but are very quiet when they top up for a flag launch. if Holbrook are fortunate enough to have the kanga due to a good functioning committee then good luck to them.

no doubt the Brookers are paying for a number of players - well - but it's easy to overlook that most of the side are locals who get maybe $50-$100. Their total backline was locals, nearly all the forwards bar Lamby were locals or played nearly 100 games at the club (eg Breeny and Bakes). I find it interesting the 'buying premiership' lines that clubs reel out when they are 'rebuilding' but are very quiet when they top up for a flag launch. if Holbrook are fortunate enough to have the kanga due to a good functioning committee then good luck to them.

Never said anything about buying premierships as that has not happened yet at holbrook.
i have absolutely no problem with clubs spending money if they make it they can spend it. its the long term that is a concern. at what point does it end. you have quality players earning more than half of what an annual salary is. You then have players who at 20-21 that have played 20-30 o and m reserve grade games demand $4-500 a game when quite frankly they haven't earn the right to demand that type of cash. As long as clubs pay it players are going to ask. my question is where does it stop? And what is it doing to the smaller clubs without the financial backing or population base to generate the cash to be successful. (eg CDHBU).

Never said anything about buying premierships as that has not happened yet at holbrook.
i have absolutely no problem with clubs spending money if they make it they can spend it. its the long term that is a concern. at what point does it end. you have quality players earning more than half of what an annual salary is. You then have players who at 20-21 that have played 20-30 o and m reserve grade games demand $4-500 a game when quite frankly they haven't earn the right to demand that type of cash. As long as clubs pay it players are going to ask. my question is where does it stop? And what is it doing to the smaller clubs without the financial backing or population base to generate the cash to be successful. (eg CDHBU).[/quote]

Smaller clubs either get smarter with their revenue raising and use there natural resources to their advantage or they fold. Why do you think Brock/Burrum has a 100 grand worth of cattle roaming the district....

All well and good if you have a farmer willing to donate their resources labour and any potential profit for a footy club. i would have though farmers would be hard pressed making money for themselves. but if bb do good luck to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well and good if you have a farmer willing to donate their resources labour and any potential profit for a footy club. i would have though farmers would be hard pressed making money for themselves. but if bb do good luck to them.
And that's what a lot of bush clubs do, including Holbrook - they have great community support from not only the town but farms all around who offer to run cattle, or players go and do hay carting or wood splitting and raise cash so that on the weekends the supporters are rewarded by seeing their team, town, go well. If the club goes and spend 60, 70, 90k due to hard work of the community, and the reward is a flag that the juniors, supporters and so on enjoy - well isn't that the whole point. Name one club that has won a flag purely on locals - none. Being a local for holbrook myself and playing in a flag with recruits certainly wasn't tarnished because one bloke was getting paid more than the other. I just enjoyed the opportunity of playing in good sides and getting the chance to represent your town and win a flag.

And that's what a lot of bush clubs do, including Holbrook - they have great community support from not only the town but farms all around who offer to run cattle, or players go and do hay carting or wood splitting and raise cash so that on the weekends the supporters are rewarded by seeing their team, town, go well. If the club goes and spend 60, 70, 90k due to hard work of the community, and the reward is a flag that the juniors, supporters and so on enjoy - well isn't that the whole point. Name one club that has won a flag purely on locals - none. Being a local for holbrook myself and playing in a flag with recruits certainly wasn't tarnished because one bloke was getting paid more than the other. I just enjoyed the opportunity of playing in good sides and getting the chance to represent your town and win a flag.

If a community wants to help win a flag for their footy club then thats great. I know at BB we have a wonderful community support which is strengthened by our committee and players who have created a great family feel around the place. Including the cows that we have on our supporters farms

Shir is signed on at albury and wont be donning the uniform for the brookers but could be the case for the 2014 season. I hear we are getting good numbers at training how is everyone else shaping up this side of xmas.

No surprise of Bradshaw going out to DMB. But the comments made by almond sparked my interest greatly. More specifically the "as a coach and player we had a good understanding of each other". Wasn't Bradshaw a co coach which kept howlong under the 21 point system.

Is the league or any clubs going to get their knickers in a twist or was it just an off hand comment (which was true no matter how much they deny it)

No surprise of Bradshaw going out to DMB. But the comments made by almond sparked my interest greatly. More specifically the "as a coach and player we had a good understanding of each other". Wasn't Bradshaw a co coach which kept howlong under the 21 point system.

Is the league or any clubs going to get their knickers in a twist or was it just an off hand comment (which was true no matter how much they deny it)

Who cares they didn't win it. but your right. Same as doswell going as co coach....yeah right......

Co-coach rule changed for 2013 so only one co- coach is exempt from points plus other changes refer league minutes on website
August 2012 .

I'm sure only one co coach was exempt from points before as well just hat Howlong had chosen Bradshaw as almond wasn't playing and would be worth nothing anyway

I'm sure only one co coach was exempt from points before as well just hat Howlong had chosen Bradshaw as almond wasn't playing and would be worth nothing anyway

The thing that concerns me hawkeye is that bradshaw was not coaching until howlong got into trouble with points close to the clearance deadline, then all of a sudden he's a co-coach.. Then at the end of the season hes a player again. :oops:
I know howlong didnt win it. But i would have liked to see an investigation of some sought and maybe howlong should cop a fine?? If anything, to flex the leagues muscles but i doubt that will ever happen and wonder if they have any muscles at all. But that was last season, lets look forward!

The thing that concerns me hawkeye is that bradshaw was not coaching until howlong got into trouble with points close to the clearance deadline, then all of a sudden he's a co-coach.. Then at the end of the season hes a player again. :oops:
I know howlong didnt win it. But i would have liked to see an investigation of some sought and maybe howlong should cop a fine?? If anything, to flex the leagues muscles but i doubt that will ever happen and wonder if they have any muscles at all. But that was last season, lets look forward!

Hume footy runs on a point system what happens in the Tallangatta League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back