I hope we tear them a new one next week

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you guys go into this match as faverouts, we seem to be going into every match as faverouts and i dont know why becuase we are playing as bad as a bottom 8 side can play...
I still think we can win but it wont be a blow out like our past couple of matches have gone...
This is my favourite post so far.;)

Anyone with half a brain would rate Hawthorn a massive chance this week. We are still a young and inconsistent side. And having the wood over a team definitely DOES have impact come match day (see our match today).

If Hawthorn are offering more than $2 you'd be nuts not to take it.

Anyone with half a brain would rate Hawthorn a massive chance this week. We are still a young and inconsistent side. And having the wood over a team definitely DOES have impact come match day (see our match today).

If Hawthorn are offering more than $2 you'd be nuts not to take it.

Carlton are in rare form. A few hiccups 2 weeks ago but it all looks to be falling into place now.

Wouldn't touch us this week

Hope we smash these overrated muppets. But in fact they are ony overrated by the media, pretty pathetic actually. Calls for the Fab 4 were the funniest thing I've read in football for a long time. Stevens is a plodder and wouldn't get a gig in Hawthorn's midfield, Murphy is a very good player but no superstar and the same can be said for Gibbs, Judd is the only exception.
Their fans aren't too bad, of course some of them are arrogant tools talking up the days of 1995 and talking up Johnson and Hadley as recruits of the decade. But most of them have had to endure lots and lots of pain, a lot more than us, so are fairly modest and keep a lid on things.

If we can keep Fevola and Eddie quiet...then we'll be a chance.
We have to play our best footy of the year to beat these guys.

AHAHAHAHAHA that was a reasonable post until that second paragraph.

I'm just pleased that the game is at the 'G, and not at the Dome. If we can get some half decent weather, then we should get 75,000+ at the game. Will help us, as I really think we play the 'G better than the Dome. Big test for us is what we do with Mitchell, Bateman and Hodge, who all usually play well against us, and give Buddy, Roughy and Cyril so much quality ball.

Should be a ripper game.

Definitely a test for us. Hawks have had considerable wood over us for too long. Should be a good indicator of where we're at.

I doesnt really reflrct on ladder position but the blues have been by far the easiest opponent for us for a few years now,

Our up and down form is a bigger hurdle.

I'm just pleased that the game is at the 'G, and not at the Dome. If we can get some half decent weather, then we should get 75,000+ at the game. Will help us, as I really think we play the 'G better than the Dome. Big test for us is what we do with Mitchell, Bateman and Hodge, who all usually play well against us, and give Buddy, Roughy and Cyril so much quality ball.

Should be a ripper game.

yup guna be a ripper, you guys are in better form just hope we bring our A game or its guna be a early night...

3rd on the ladder...smashing a premiership favourite in the Bulldogs. You will clearly be favourites and should win easily.

We also should've smashed Essendon...

You guys can click at any time and absolutely demolish us, you're certainly good enough across all lines, which is why I'm not too confident. Match up on us well and most likely have the psychological edge.

I think this will be the week we really get our season on track. Mitch, sewell, lewis and tuck are proud players and I reckon will really throw their weight around in the middle vs the supposed challenger.
If the hawks come out breathin fire in the first quarter it could be all over, given the past records once we have got the front running.
Regardless, hoping for a great game.

This thread is hilarious. Carlton supporters talking up Hawthorn and Hawthorn talking up Carlton :confused:

Don't forget we match up well vs Bulldogs. This coming game is the least confident I've been of all season

the blues are playing good footy , the hawks are just going, we were lucky to beat the weagles, if there was ever a time for the hawk to get their season back on track and prove to them selves that they are still the hard team of the comp then this game is it at the mcg againts a team that they would beat with ease in the past.
but the hawks need think of the blues current form and be ready phisically , emotionally, and mentally to face them becuase the blues are hungry...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is hilarious. Carlton supporters talking up Hawthorn and Hawthorn talking up Carlton :confused:

We're not sitting third and looking tip top. Our backline is still frail but we may get one key back in Gilham. Still not seeing a matchup for Fevola and the many midfield options you have looking fabulous.

Should be a good game, carlton are coming of a good win against the doggies and hawthorn just won their second game against an under-rated west coast. You guys won the gf for a reason and we can't take you guys lightely or you'll smash us.
Blues by 10 goals.

Still remember the 90's when the Blues had the wood on us, Silvani would pop up front and kick his entire season's 8. Man I hate Carlton with a passion...

We're not sitting third and looking tip top. Our backline is still frail but we may get one key back in Gilham. Still not seeing a matchup for Fevola and the many midfield options you have looking fabulous.

2008:
Round 13 Carlton vs Essendon LOSS 101-136
Round 14 Carlton vs Richmond WIN 118-88
Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney LOSS 119-121
Round 17 Carlton vs Bulldogs WIN 126-98
Round 21 Carlton vs Brisbane WIN 115-109

So our form this year is exactly the same as it was in the 2nd half of 08 and your expecting us to be favorites believing your few backman out will change around this result from last year:

Round 22 Carlton vs Hawthorn LOSS 81-159

How do you expect missing a few defenders will swing the result 78 points towards carlton to make us favorites?

2008:
Round 13 Carlton vs Essendon LOSS 101-136
Round 14 Carlton vs Richmond WIN 118-88
Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney LOSS 119-121
Round 17 Carlton vs Bulldogs WIN 126-98
Round 21 Carlton vs Brisbane WIN 115-109

So our form this year is exactly the same as it was in the 2nd half of 08 and your expecting us to be favorites believing your few backman out will change around this result from last year:

Round 22 Carlton vs Hawthorn LOSS 81-159

How do you expect missing a few defenders will swing the result 78 points towards carlton to make us favorites?
I dont think you will go in as favorites but the odds will be far closer than they have been. Your midfield is 10-20% improved and your spread of goalkickers is far greater than it has been in recent years. This is the simple reason, other than missing 80% of our starting defence - hopefully return of Gilham will reduce this % figure.

Still remember the 90's when the Blues had the wood on us, Silvani would pop up front and kick his entire season's 8. Man I hate Carlton with a passion...

That's a bit more like it...don't mind admitting I dislike Hawthorn more than any other team in the competition. Would relish nothing more than giving you cocky bastards all that you have coming this week.

Yours in shared hatred,

Kramer

big%2Bbubble%2Bburst%2B1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back