Universal Love I miss Bernie..

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss Bernard too....❤

this AFC bernie thing is a bit of a myth built up to justify an admin decision.
his form with us was still pretty good, the only difference at melbourne is he is now one of their top 2 or 3 mids so gets more burn in the middle. with us, he was deeper down the rotation.

Bernie was a good player but the afc needed to replace thommo. Bernie wasnt going to do that

i'm not quite sure that the argument of selling today for tomorrow is quite as robust as claimed.

so we sold Bernie for tomorrow, why stop there? how long is a piece of string?
should we sell everyone over the age of 24 so that we can get some 17 yr olds in?
No, but I think it was a good move.

The thing that shits me though is that it only came about because of our sanctions. We would never do it otherwise, as evidenced by blokes like Brent Reily being a career crow, 4 years for Mookay etc. Our trading is reactive.

Bernie was a good player but the afc needed to replace thommo. Bernie wasnt going to do that
What's with the Thommo hate? sure he's got a few bad habits but he'll go down as one of the club's greats trades and greatest players. seriously bro what is it about him?

Used to love Bernie then lost his desire and his amazing talent was wasted.
Now I am pleased for him playing well but more excited about what Matt Crouch brings even now but levels he and his brother can get to .
Bernie might help demons win a couple more games than previous where Matt could even take us to the holy grail.

What's with the Thommo hate? sure he's got a few bad habits but he'll go down as one of the club's greats trades and greatest players. seriously bro what is it about him?

I was talking about long term replacement. I love Thommo, always have. There are always a few people when sides are underperforming though that have the attitude 'out with the old in with the new'. In fact even now when he is dominating every game we still have posters calling for Thommo to retire. I think we need him for one more year. It does no harm. The side is definitely better with him in it than out of it.

I miss most of the players we gave away or lost, esp Vince and Maric. But will they make us a better team, maybe only by a small margin.

We didn't give Maric away. He wanted to go home for more opportunity but unlike the mummy's boy, he did it the right way.

That's why we'll always respect big Evvvvaaaannnn, there was no bitterness towards the club and we don't harbour any towards him.

Every supporter I know has a soft spot for him and wants him to do well including me (just not against us).

Last edited:
There's a lot of teams with great intent, ball-winning ability and teamwork (us being one of those) but if you really drill down on what makes Hawthorn so good so often, it's the skill level of their individual players.

When intensity drops off, as it invariably does, and your list isn't overly blessed with skill and awareness, your performances can really drop away (see Port Adelaide). Hawthorn are able to win games through sheer scoring and ball movement efficiency even when these so-called "KPIs" drop off.

Players with the skill level of Vince (or Burgoyne, or Mitchell, or Hodge, or Gunston) give you an increased margin for error, and the more players like that you have, the bigger the margin.

I've just gone through all of Melbourne's Vince videos on youtube, to say its hard to swallow would be a bit of an understatement.

Trigg you ******* campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back