The theme song, and why I won't renew my membership.

Should the club change the song back

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Don't care, but I like bacon.

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't post much or often, but this has been bugging me for a while.

The first chorus used to be "We're the pride of South Australia, we're the mighty Adelaide Crows". Sometime later they rejigged the theme song, and turned that lyric into "We're the pride of South Australia, and we're known as the Adelaide Crows".

I hate that change, and I can't find any reason for it, and most of the time I hear people singing it they ignore that "known as the" line and stick with "mighty". The word "mighty" is used later in the song, so there's obviously not a problem with the word.

There was an membership advert on Triple M last week, talking about my song, my team, my history. And they're right. That was my song. What this is, isn't my song. My team are the mighty Adelaide Crows, and that's what we should be known as.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to renew my membership until my song is put right again. It was only a supporter membership, and maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but, in the words of Popeye, "That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more."

If the club wants my money, they'll fix the damn song.

I am not sure why it changed but the original definitely sounded better.

Of all the reasons to abandon the club this seems a very minor one.

All those heartbreaking finals losses, the shitty raptor, club mismanagement, Tippetgate, wooden spoon .. all good? But the minor song change .. 25 years later?

What the hell is that first one? It has potential.
I reckon that is a (very poor) copy of a song Greg Champion did on his radio show, to the tune of On The Road To Gundagai

Here we go Camry Crows was the best. Just need to modernise it a bit to "Here we go Rav 4 Hybrid Crows"

I recall they used to play that catchy ditty at the start of last quarters at Football Park. Got the blue rinse brigade up and about, dancing in the aisles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care about the song, but I'm considering not renewing in protest against the removal of the Barossa Valley hot dog stands from Adelaide Oval. We had them for the first year or two after moving there from Football Park and they were superb. And they just ripped them away from us as if it was nothing. NOTHING.

This aggression will not stand, man.

I reckon that is a (very poor) copy of a song Greg Champion did on his radio show, to the tune of On The Road To Gundagai
Yeah it's Greg Champion's song, it was submitted as one of the original choices for the club's theme. Graham Cornes is still obsessed about it and thinks it should have been the club's song.

There was another song that for some reason has been lost forever which they used at the start of 1991 called "We're the Crows".

It lasted about half of 1991 until it was shelved for the god awful 'here we go Camry Crows" and then erased from existence.

I don't care about the song, but I'm considering not renewing in protest against the removal of the Barossa Valley hot dog stands from Adelaide Oval. We had them for the first year or two after moving there from Football Park and they were superb. And they just ripped them away from us as if it was nothing. NOTHING.

This aggression will not stand, man.
Yep they were good, odd they were taken away

I don't post much or often, but this has been bugging me for a while.

The first chorus used to be "We're the pride of South Australia, we're the mighty Adelaide Crows". Sometime later they rejigged the theme song, and turned that lyric into "We're the pride of South Australia, and we're known as the Adelaide Crows".

I hate that change, and I can't find any reason for it, and most of the time I hear people singing it they ignore that "known as the" line and stick with "mighty". The word "mighty" is used later in the song, so there's obviously not a problem with the word.

There was an membership advert on Triple M last week, talking about my song, my team, my history. And they're right. That was my song. What this is, isn't my song. My team are the mighty Adelaide Crows, and that's what we should be known as.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to renew my membership until my song is put right again. It was only a supporter membership, and maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but, in the words of Popeye, "That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more."

If the club wants my money, they'll fix the damn song.

You’re lucky there isn’t a statute of limitations on these types of protests.

This is the most delayed reaction I’ve ever seen in my life. You sat on this one for 25 years.

Impressive, but mildly scary too. How’s your marriage?

Nobody on here has ever been able to find or produce a copy of this song for some reason.

It kind of sounded like an 80s rock ballad IIRC :tearsofjoy:
We're the Crows, and we're coming to get YOU

While we're reminiscing about old theme songs, who else remembers this classic....

Dare to beat the Bear

No wonder they were tripping over themselves to adopt a reworked version of the Fitzroy song over this pile of trash when they merged.

Back