Memberships Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 28, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I go to the footy with a group of 5 mates and we all have GA memberships. For 2024 we have decided to upgrade to Silver membership with 5 fixed seats. My question is, if there are 5 seats in a row available, is it painless enough to ring the club and get all 5 seats using different membership info per individual seat? Surely we dont all have to separately book the seat in?

Surely if you provided the 5 membership numbers plus some other form of information (names, or contact phone numbers, just to double check it's the right 5 numbers) the person in membership could have it down in 5 minutes.

But one thing i've learnt is common sense isn't common.

Paying the extra for Gold membership is like sending money to a Nigerian prince.
If Collingwood and Carlton win this week. Good luck making the GF without their equivalent.

It's like insurance. It's a waste of money when you dont make a claim. But the second you need to make a claim, thank the gods you have it.

If Collingwood and Carlton win this week. Good luck making the GF without their equivalent.

It's like insurance. It's a waste of money when you dont make a claim. But the second you need to make a claim, thank the gods you have it.
You’re Gold membership has nothing to do with Collingwood and Carlton winning this week, it’s irrelevant.

Gold Memberships aren’t sold out and only sell out when we are at the top. Plenty of time to upgrade during the year.

Membership went up from $485 to $499 so not the worst.

My question is where are the seat return credits? I missed a couple of games and the seats were bought instantly so I'm supposed to get a credit.

Membership went up from $485 to $499 so not the worst.

My question is where are the seat return credits? I missed a couple of games and the seats were bought instantly so I'm supposed to get a credit.
Maybe you did. Credit is supposed to automatically be put onto the 2024 membership. Maybe you membership this year would have been $540 plus

You’re Gold membership has nothing to do with Collingwood and Carlton winning this week, it’s irrelevant.

Gold Memberships aren’t sold out and only sell out when we are at the top. Plenty of time to upgrade during the year.
this is absolutely not true. for anyone who wants to know the truth on this call the club.

this is absolutely not true. for anyone who wants to know the truth on this call the club.
Which part? If it’s gold not being sold out I could be wrong, I haven’t checked, all I know Ive been able to upgrade when we were going well, including 2017. I would be shocked gold is sold out when we haven’t made finals for 6 years and they are trying to sell memberships.

Have you checked?

AFL membership seems like bullshit. 600 bucks to go to any 40 games at the MCG or Marvel. Obviously more likely to pay as a Collingwood supporter and go to 18 games than a Crows supporter and go to 5. Victorian based teams will take the majority of these, and fair enough. But then they get allocated 15,000 GF tickets????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After almost making the GF in 2012 my son made me promise to upgrade to gold so we never miss out so rightly or wrongly I have kept the Gold Membership since then.

A friend of mine was able to upgrade to Gold part way through 2017, but he did it pretty early in the season and he got lucky. I wouldn't bank on that is a fail safe method as I've been told that since membership payments have moved to installments the retention rate of Gold memberships is much higher than it used to be.

AFL membership seems like bullshit. 600 bucks to go to any 40 games at the MCG or Marvel. Obviously more likely to pay as a Collingwood supporter and go to 18 games than a Crows supporter and go to 5. Victorian based teams will take the majority of these, and fair enough. But then they get allocated 15,000 GF tickets????
AFL members is in addition to that

After almost making the GF in 2012 my son made me promise to upgrade to gold so we never miss out so rightly or wrongly I have kept the Gold Membership since then.

A friend of mine was able to upgrade to Gold part way through 2017, but he did it pretty early in the season and he got lucky. I wouldn't bank on that is a fail safe method as I've been told that since membership payments have moved to installments the retention rate of Gold memberships is much higher than it used to be.
Gold memberships are currently available.

crow2crow

So I go to the footy with a group of 5 mates and we all have GA memberships. For 2024 we have decided to upgrade to Silver membership with 5 fixed seats. My question is, if there are 5 seats in a row available, is it painless enough to ring the club and get all 5 seats using different membership info per individual seat? Surely we dont all have to separately book the seat in?

From my experience, it's very easy.

When a couple of mates and I moved from Essential Crows to reserved seating in the outer in 2020, my mate was able to do it on my behalf no questions asked (this also included being put on the reserved seat waitlist a couple of years before that).

Gold memberships are currently available.

crow2crow

They might be, but how many there are and whether there will still be any when someone decides to pull the trigger to upgrade is the million dollar question.

If people want to run that gauntlet then good luck to them. My mate did in 2017 and ended up getting lucky, but it's just not a chance I am willing to take.

Last edited:
They might be, but how many there are and whether there will still be any when someone decides to pull the trigger to upgrade is the million dollar question.

If people want to run that gauntlet then good luck to them. My mate did in 2017 and ended up getting lucky, but it's just not a chance I am willing to take.
Each to their own, but when you’re a bottom club starting a rebuild the chances of making it are very very slim. I also managed it in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back