Roast I Miss Heath Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

The majority of posters here are right in saying there was nothing left in the tank for Dids, Maxy, Jolly, Johnson, etc. Now it seems like Ball and perhaps Swan are on the way out at 30.

But what drives me up the wall is watching sides like Geelong and Hawks, with the likes of Bartel, Kelly, Johnson, Enright, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lake, etc, etc, ageing like a fine f*cking wine.

That is totally the difference between us right now - we match or better these guys in young end talent, but there's no hardened vets left to guide the ship.

Are we just unlucky, or is it bad management?

Instead of a high altitude room we should invest in technology that prevents players from ever getting injured or getting older. If we had that in 2010 we could just keep playing the same guys every year.

This is a good example of what happens if you start smoking your socks...

Daisy wasn't in on the rat pack.
No not officially he was apart of the I don't give a * pack when Buckley took over though. Remember the first game against Richmond in 2012 round 3 from memory when Thomas was looking up to the coaches box in disagreement with Buckley at the centre bounce?

No not officially he was apart of the I don't give a **** pack when Buckley took over though. Remember the first game against Richmond in 2012 round 3 from memory when Thomas was looking up to the coaches box in disagreement with Buckley at the centre bounce?
God forbid Buckley put it on him to pull his finger out.

It's a move that hurt us short term but will benefit long term.

I dont even think it hurt short term.

Look at how many goals we cop right now right? Now. go and add an extra 3 or 4 inside 50s against for all his out on the full kicks. Then add at least 2 goals against as well for the stupid brain fade free kicks he gives away.

No, we're better off short AND long term.

actually most people bleed red, the actual colour will depend on how much oxygen is in the blood. Likewise, most people are loyal to their employers until they change jobs and then they change their loyalty. I've seen a few union officials suddenly become employer's best friends when they jump jobs. If you want to rubbish Thomas, then you should start rubbishing Luke Ball because he used to bleed red, black and white - ironically he no longer bleeds the red bit of it...

The majority of posters here are right in saying there was nothing left in the tank for Dids, Maxy, Jolly, Johnson, etc. Now it seems like Ball and perhaps Swan are on the way out at 30.

But what drives me up the wall is watching sides like Geelong and Hawks, with the likes of Bartel, Kelly, Johnson, Enright, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lake, etc, etc, ageing like a fine f*cking wine.

That is totally the difference between us right now - we match or better these guys in young end talent, but there's no hardened vets left to guide the ship.

I think it's a lot to do with our "contested ball" style of play. And lets face it we've been a hard tackling, hard running contested ball side since 2007 and that takes its toll. The Cats and the Hawks play more keepings off style that doesn't tax their players as hard (though Hodge and Sewell and Mitchell have started slowing down a fair bit)....

This current running game will see more and more "older guys" getting burnt out early. It's not our development or management, its the state of the game and why lists are getting so much younger these days.

Shaw has been a huge loss. However, what I will say is can you imagine how frustrated Shaw would be in defence at the moment with some of the poor ball use and youth.

In my opinion he cost Shaw cost collingwood the final last year. Giving away that stupid free that gifted two goals from two kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Knightmare might call it bad management though I stand to be corrected by his holiness.

Swan will be back. Ball is done.
What makes it worse is we could have had chapman this year but let him go what a s**t decision that was.

actually most people bleed red, the actual colour will depend on how much oxygen is in the blood. Likewise, most people are loyal to their employers until they change jobs and then they change their loyalty. I've seen a few union officials suddenly become employer's best friends when they jump jobs. If you want to rubbish Thomas, then you should start rubbishing Luke Ball because he used to bleed red, black and white - ironically he no longer bleeds the red bit of it...
I think Luke ball will always be more a st Kilda than collingwood. He's just playing out his career now I think when all is said and done he will be associated more with st Kilda than collingwood

I think Luke ball will always be more a st Kilda than collingwood. He's just playing out his career now I think when all is said and done he will be associated more with st Kilda than collingwood

Not by Collingwood supporters he won't. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

I
No not officially he was apart of the I don't give a **** pack when Buckley took over though. Remember the first game against Richmond in 2012 round 3 from memory when Thomas was looking up to the coaches box in disagreement with Buckley at the centre bounce?
My sources tell me that this was an initiation ritual....he had to prove to the other members of the pack that he was truly a rat and get video evidence, he wanted to get it on snapchat but that as hole Bucks wouldn't let him post between quarters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back