Ian Prendergast compares Essendon players to asbestos victims

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't equating it as a work safety issue. I was saying that the amount of times players are given information regarding drug use makes their lack of action look idiotic. The asbestos analogy is irrelevant in this case because up until the 70s, workers were not given any information regarding asbestos. I'm not insulted by the asbestos analogy in spite of the fact my father died of asbestos related lung cancer. But it is an irrelevant analogy.
And re your Dad -sorry mate - not trivialising this

In terms of duty of care, (not the damage element perse as we do not know what the damage is/will be) one could argue Essendon are in a worse position with their employees as they had a club Dr. Players trusted that these injections would not cause horrible effects.

I spose more than anything this is my interest on this whole matter

Have Dr friends who I think would have quite a different response. My best friend lost his sh&t when he read the texts between Alavi and Dank.

As to I, most of which have called it a media storm in a tea cup.
One of which is actually an ex-pharmacist who now works as a clinical geneticist.

Most? so what did the others think and were the most Essendon/Hird supporters?
None of them are AFL fans. There was some divide in the argument that's for sure, but the more qualified ones strangely had Essendon supporter-esque views I was surprised, thought I'd cop another pasting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idiot comment by a goose of man. He'd want to take the comments back pretty quickly before it's too late for him.

If he says I stand by those comments - then he should have his ass fired ASAP.

I know what it was fabulousphil
I liked a post where someone called you an angry person who carries a grudge. Your response to my liking that post is to get angry and carry a grudge.

Lol

LOL

I carry a grudge sometimes and other times not at all, like everyone.

I though your like was particularly stupid, because you seemed to just click without knowing the full history, in actual fact it has all worked out fine and I carry absolutely no grudges at all.

Presumably Prendergast drew the asbestos analogy to elicit public sympathy for the players. I wonder if he still thinks that was a good idea?

If I was one of the 34 players, I wouldn't want the AFLPA in my corner. In fact, Crameri and Prismall have already jumped ship and it's not hard to see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back