ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 - Group B

What nations will qualify from Group B?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your original point was about how mitch struggles against other ODI opponents, and then you give me test match statistics
Mitch bowls better in Australia, but then again every bowler prefers home conditions
Ignore India, as its impossible for traveling pace bowlers to succeed there
England is actually his struggle location, given he only played the 09 Ashes over there, and was mentally shot in that series

If we are talking about ODI's still Mitch hasn't done anything spectacular to be honest, I remember we chased a target of 363 against Mitch and friends with 7 overs to spare, this is odi we are talking about. Kohli scored 100 of 52 balls and of course Rohit with an unbeaten 140+.

We don't need to go too far, Macca smashed him a few days ago and his figures were 4 overs for 52 runs. :cry:

I'd be shocked if it wasn't an alias from a prominent poster here, good chance that person actually does know a bit about footy imo. The username is a dead give away, Indians hate Sharma.
A lot of Indians think Sharma is the most talented batsman in the team, even over Kohli, Rahane and Dhawan. He can do just about anything and is the most explosive player when firing.

If we are talking about ODI's still Mitch hasn't done anything spectacular to be honest, I remember we chased a target of 363 against Mitch and friends with 7 overs to spare, this is odi we are talking about. Kohli scored 100 of 52 balls and of course Rohit with an unbeaten 140+.

We don't need to go too far, Macca smashed him a few days ago and his figures were 4 overs for 52 runs. :cry:
Mitchell Johnson in ODI's
226 wickets @ 25.73, Economy Rate 4.7
He is third in overall ODI Wicket Takers since 2005. The two to beat him (Malinga and Afridi) have each played around 30-50 more ODI's

Australia is actually his third worst country to play in for ODI's
In UAE - 21
In Sri Lanka - 20
In West Indies - 20
In India - 24 (kind of destroys your theory)
In South Africa - 24
In Australia - 28
In England - 31
In New Zealand - 32

Like most Indian fans you don't know a lot outside your own players

MJ is a home track bully (Away matches, Test)
v Sri Lanka 52.16
v Pakistan 29.50 (We all know about their batting)
v England - 37.73
v South Africa - 25.29
v New Zealand - 23.08
v West Indies - 34.70
v India - 40.09

Also he averaged 40+ in the last test against us. Kohli tamed him. In Odi's Mitch is a gun bowler but still I prefer Starc over Johnson, if you bash Johnoo for a couple of overs he goes back to his old self and bowls to the left and right, Starc looks mentally more stronger in ODI's.
If anything those stats show he's good on fast pitches and struggles on flat tracks, hardly a surprise.

If anything those stats show he's good on fast pitches and struggles on flat tracks, hardly a surprise.

You need to be successful in all over the world, not just fast bouncy pitches. He is pretty much a Fast Track Bully + HTB. Steyn has succeeded in Indian flat pitches, whereas Johno just got smacked right and left. England pitches helps seamers the most even there he got spanked.

Mitchell Johnson in ODI's
226 wickets @ 25.73, Economy Rate 4.7
He is third in overall ODI Wicket Takers since 2005. The two to beat him (Malinga and Afridi) have each played around 30-50 more ODI's

Australia is actually his third worst country to play in for ODI's
In UAE - 21
In Sri Lanka - 20
In West Indies - 20
In India - 24 (kind of destroys your theory)
In South Africa - 24
In Australia - 28
In England - 31
In New Zealand - 32

Like most Indian fans you don't know a lot outside your own players

I still think Starc is hell a lot better than Johnson. Let's see how Johnson performs against better teams this world cup.

So Ireland and South Africa today. Hopefully the nothing to lose attitude means we can come out and put in a good performance but I'm a little bit fearful of what the Saffer batting lineup will do to our callow bowling attack. And Steyn is due a few wickets as well.

I'd possibly look at bringing McBrine back in instead of Mooney or Cusack and hope that the spinners can at least strangle the run rate a little. The 4 seamers approach didn't really work against UAE and is unlikely to have much success against Amla, AB and co.

Tactically speaking, in spite of our success chasing, it could be a day to bat first, put up a score and hope SA lose some early wickets in the chase. The NRR could play a huge part in deciding the semi finalists so we could really do with a competitive performance here.

Although it's been a great weekend for Irish sport with the rugby boys beating England, Harrington winning the golf and Frampton retaining his world title so I'm allowing myself retain at least a fleeting hope of an upset :cool:

Think Ireland's bowling will struggle too, but hoping Mcbrine comes back in to the 11. Ireland will have to bat as well as they did in the first game, if not better, to have any shot.

This could get ugly for Ireland if they don't take some early wickets, don't give them much chance of winning but hopefully they can at least be competitive.

They don't need to win this game to make the quarter finals but NRR could be important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could get ugly for Ireland if they don't take some early wickets, don't give them much chance of winning but hopefully they can at least be competitive.

They don't need to win this game to make the quarter finals but NRR could be important.
NRR will likely be very important so nee to keep South Africa, and AB, in check.

Amazing that Dale Steyn is only playing his 100th ODI. He hardly played any till he was 25 though.

Ireland have missed a trick here early by Joyce dropping Amla and sorensen's first poor spell which released some of the pressure mooney created.

A lot of Indians think Sharma is the most talented batsman in the team, even over Kohli, Rahane and Dhawan. He can do just about anything and is the most explosive player when firing.

Yeah my view is definitely shaped by the venom he attracts on the Indian cricket fans forum, someone who only browses BF would similarly think all West Coast fans reckon Priddis is a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back