ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 - Group B

What nations will qualify from Group B?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last pool game will be a cracker, and will most likely determine who goes through to knockouts:

Ireland vs. Pakistan

Hopefully Ireland, they look more professional than Pakistan. Not to mention they have chased down 300+ target with 5 overs to spare, unlike Pakistan who plays a boring brand of cricket.

Pakistan also toured here in 2004.

We've played them a fair bit in recent years with a couple of bilateral ODI series over in the Emirates..

Good mature knock by Misbah to save them from a very awkward situation. Wasn't pretty to watch but it sure did the job.

What Masakadza was thinking with his completely unneccessary wild swing at Irfan I will never know. With Taylor at the other end and the Zimbabwean's making steady progress under high pressure it was one of the dumbest things I've seen an experienced cricketer do. Having said that, Taylor was unlucky to glove that one down leg side and if he didn't I would have backed him to see them through with Williams and Ervine.

Big missed opportunity for the Zimbabweans - they have a reasonable side and have competed pretty well, but a win against a fellow full member would have been a nice reminder for them of what the country is capable of doing at international level.

and Junaid Khan

dont think they make a huge difference. didn't they have those guys in the champions trophy? still lost all 3 games.

they won't win anything unless their batting delivers. they could even bring back imran khan and wasim akram, but when your batting is 4 wickets down for 1 run...its over

dont think they make a huge difference. didn't they have those guys in the champions trophy? still lost all 3 games.

they won't win anything unless their batting delivers. they could even bring back imran khan and wasim akram, but when your batting is 4 wickets down for 1 run...its over

Batting is the main issue for Pakistan, But Khan is a serious bowler. 75 odi wickets at 25

Batting is the main issue for Pakistan, But Khan is a serious bowler. 75 odi wickets at 25

overrated. hardly ever does well against good teams, two of his three 4-fers were against zimbabwe and ireland.

would you think mohammad shami is a serious bowler? they both have identical stats.

overrated. hardly ever does well against good teams, two of his three 4-fers were against zimbabwe and ireland.

would you think mohammad shami is a serious bowler? they both have identical stats.

I would consider khan > Shami despite having similar stats. Have to admit his odi stats surprise me but He is a reasonable bowler too.

Junaid is a quality bowler. Doesn't do well against good teams? If we are talking ODIs he averages 18 against Australia, 20 against India, 26 against South Africa.

Junaid is an excellent bowler. Not really the type to rip through teams but has been a consistent thorn in his short career. Is only 25 so still has a lot of improving to do. Up until a bit of a barren run in 2014 (a year which was interrupted by injury) he had taken a wicket in 30 of his previous 34 ODI's. Will be good to see him back out on the pitch.

As a comparison Mitchell Starc has gone wicketless in 10 of his 35 ODI's.

Junaid is a quality bowler. Doesn't do well against good teams? If we are talking ODIs he averages 18 against Australia, 20 against India, 26 against South Africa.

he's had a whopping 2 matches against australia, 3/52 off 9 and 2/42 off 6. not sure what you saw in those games to think he is a quality bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Junaid is an overrated bowler, he doesn't seem like someone who will threaten our batsmen. Ryan Harris and Jimmy Anderson are the bowlers that frightens me the most if we are talking about Test cricket, when it comes to ODI's Starc is the best ODI bowler at the moment. Johnson is wayward and is only effective against England. Starc's yorkers are Wasim like, but hell a lot faster.

I don't think anyone has gone on record saying Junaid Khan is one of the very best bowlers in world cricket. But that doesn't mean he isn't a good bowler, and certainly improves the Pakistan team when he is fit.

There are more than five quality bowlers in the world.

I agree Junaid is an overrated bowler, he doesn't seem like someone who will threaten our batsmen. Ryan Harris and Jimmy Anderson are the bowlers that frightens me the most if we are talking about Test cricket, when it comes to ODI's Starc is the best ODI bowler at the moment. Johnson is wayward and is only effective against England. Starc's yorkers are Wasim like, but hell a lot faster.
And SA, and on pitches with bounce in them

v India - 26 @ 5.05
v Sri Lanka 21 @ 4.3
v Pakistan 21 @ 4.3
Johnson v England - Average of 28 at 4.9
v South Africa 30 @ 5.1
v New Zealand 29 @ 5.3
v West Indies 29 @ 4.79

v India - 26 @ 5.05
v Sri Lanka 21 @ 4.3
v Pakistan 21 @ 4.3
Johnson v England - Average of 28 at 4.9
v South Africa 30 @ 5.1
v New Zealand 29 @ 5.3
v West Indies 29 @ 4.79

MJ is a home track bully (Away matches, Test)
v Sri Lanka 52.16
v Pakistan 29.50 (We all know about their batting)
v England - 37.73
v South Africa - 25.29
v New Zealand - 23.08
v West Indies - 34.70
v India - 40.09

Also he averaged 40+ in the last test against us. Kohli tamed him. In Odi's Mitch is a gun bowler but still I prefer Starc over Johnson, if you bash Johnoo for a couple of overs he goes back to his old self and bowls to the left and right, Starc looks mentally more stronger in ODI's.

MJ is a home track bully (Away matches, Test)
v Sri Lanka 52.16
v Pakistan 29.50 (We all know about their batting)
v England - 37.73
v South Africa - 25.29
v New Zealand - 23.08
v West Indies - 34.70
v India - 40.09

Also he averaged 40+ in the last test against us. Kohli tamed him. In Odi's Mitch is a gun bowler but still I prefer Starc over Johnson, if you bash Johnoo for a couple of overs he goes back to his old self and bowls to the left and right, Starc looks mentally more stronger in ODI's.
So your original point was about how mitch struggles against other ODI opponents, and then you give me test match statistics
Mitch bowls better in Australia, but then again every bowler prefers home conditions
Ignore India, as its impossible for traveling pace bowlers to succeed there
England is actually his struggle location, given he only played the 09 Ashes over there, and was mentally shot in that series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back