ICC World Twenty20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I as nervous as hell about Pakistan in the UAE...we are dreadful against spin and a stuffed if Pup/Smith fail.

It will be fun to watch. I love it when the Aussie bowlers beat batsmen through seam/pace, so think it's only fair to laugh my arse off watching the batsmen's attempts to play spin.

Sammy really needed to see that innings through and finish it off. Can't see them posting a remotely competitive total now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think this Indian side has a weakness apart from death overs bowling. 3 very good spinners to keep the rate down (including a leggy!), 2 pacemen in form. A middle order full of outstanding middle order hitters and 2 steady top order batsmen (+Dhawan). Not to mention Ash & Jadeja are more than handy with bat in hand. Could lose games due to fielding.

Don't think this Indian side has a weakness apart from death overs bowling. 3 very good spinners to keep the rate down (including a leggy!), 2 pacemen in form. A middle order full of outstanding middle order hitters and 2 steady top order batsmen (+Dhawan). Not to mention Ash & Jadeja are more than handy with bat in hand. Could lose games due to fielding.

Someone will really collar Ashwin at some point though, he's been hit around before.

Someone will really collar Ashwin at some point though, he's been hit around before.
He has, but then we have Yuvraj (who is prone to bad days) and Raina to take overs from him. Mixes it up. Even if Ashwin is smashed for 50 odd, we can keep opponents to less than 150 e.g. Jadeja going for 48 yesterday.

He has, but then we have Yuvraj (who is prone to bad days) and Raina to take overs from him. Mixes it up. Even if Ashwin is smashed for 50 odd, we can keep opponents to less than 150 e.g. Jadeja going for 48 yesterday.

I agree about your spin bowlers, I see Ashwin as the weak link that's all. I'm a fan of Yuvy's bowling. His batting is not strong as before but he's a clever bowler who can outthink even very good batsmen in short formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back