ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • England

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

• Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Short, Spencer Johnson, Xavier Bartlett, Jake Fraser-McGurk and Behrendorff can all count themselves unlucky not to get in that squad of 15.

Swepson, Chris Green think had better seasons as spinners in the BBL than Ashton Agar. One of those two could of snuck into that squad for me ahead of him.
selectors are still wedded to the idea of Agar being an "allrounder" (which to his credit, he did show in the last ODI he played in September)

The only way as an Australian fan planning to watch the majority of the games live, or planning to watch all the Aussies games in the 2024 T20 World Cup was to have annual leave. Id imagine its going to suck with the FIFA World Cup as well with it being hosted in that region in 2024.........and most probably it overlapping with the Australian work timings.

Look, I do watch Kayo replays for the AFL Games and have recently started a new full-time role in March this year. So in the past 2 years I got to watch alot of live sport in that region eg NFL games on prime time, your Caribbean Premier League, Major League cricket.

It would be a dream to watch most of the sports in that region/timing for a living.

The only way as an Australian fan planning to watch the majority of the games live, or planning to watch all the Aussies games in the 2024 T20 World Cup was to have annual leave. Id imagine its going to suck with the FIFA World Cup as well with it being hosted in that region in 2024.........and most probably it overlapping with the Australian work timings.

Look, I do watch Kayo replays for the AFL Games and have recently started a new full-time role in March this year. So in the past 2 years I got to watch alot of live sport in that region eg NFL games on prime time, your Caribbean Premier League, Major League cricket.

It would be a dream to watch most of the sports in that region/timing for a living.
Games during the day are much better than games at ridiculous hours at night IMO

There are still plenty of night games (in Australia, morning in the West Indies) throughout the WC including a semi and a final, which is a bit of joke.

The fact games are being played in the morning in the Carribbean to cater for Indian audiences is a disgrace

Games during the day are much better than games at ridiculous hours at night IMO

There are still plenty of night games (in Australia, morning in the West Indies) throughout the WC including a semi and a final, which is a bit of joke.

The fact games are being played in the morning in the Carribbean to cater for Indian audiences is a disgrace
With a market of 1 billion , I could understand that.

But as previous host and one of the powerhouses of world cricket, i feel Australian games should have been put on prime time (nights) /morning in the West Indies..........that would have been reasonable in my eyes.

Could understand if the games during the Final be morning our time.

#OMN Best XI
1Kashyap Prajapati
2Nadeem Khushi (+)
3Aqib Ilyas (c)
4Zeeshan MaqsoodShoaib Khan
5Ayaan KhanKhalid Kail
6Pratik Athavale
7Mohammad Nadeem
8Mehran KhanRafiullah
9KaleemullahShakeel Ahmad
10Fayyaz Butt
11Bilal Khan

#NEP Best XI
1Kushal BhurtelAnil Sah
2Asif Sheikh (+)
3Kushal Malla
4Rohit Paudel (c)
5Dipendra Singh AireeSompal Kami
6Sudeep Jora
7Gulshan Jha
8Karan KC
9Kamal Singh AireePratis GC
10Abinash Bohara
11Lalit RajbanshiSagar Dhakal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing to be aware of that people are going to blow up about once they realise is that the groups in the Super 8s stage are going to be based on pre-tournament seeding rather than finishing position in the group.

For example, if Australia finish first in their group, they're still going to go in to the B2 position in the group stage of the Super 8s. If the top 8 teams all qualify the Super 8s stage will be:

Group 1: Ind, Aus, NZ, SL
Group 2: Pak, Eng, WI, SA

If a non-seeded team qualifies, they just replace the team that doesn't qualify in the draw. For example if Australia finish 1st in the group and Scotland beat England to finish 2nd, Australia still goes in to Group 1 as the B2 seeded team and Scotland will takes England's seeding and go in to Group 2 as B1.

I suspect it's been done this way so they can sell India super 8 games in the USA and guarantee India will be playing in them regardless of if they finish 1st or 2nd in the group stage.

With a market of 1 billion , I could understand that.

But as previous host and one of the powerhouses of world cricket, i feel Australian games should have been put on prime time (nights) /morning in the West Indies..........that would have been reasonable in my eyes.

Could understand if the games during the Final be morning our time.
It's a hit & giggle wc shown on Amazon. Should be boycott rather than supported. Focus on real sporting events Bezos hasn't got his hands on

Will barely rate a mention on the nightly news if we win it let alone remembered fondly as some great achievement.

The Squad they have picked doesn’t inspire me to watch it
Seems like the squad they have picked was the backbone of the 50 over World Cup success last year.

I didnt mind that squad for that format. But the 50 over game is alot different to the 20 over game. I think Australia might get found out, as I dont think this squad has played alot together in this format of the game. Think the series win in NZ this year, was probably a rare series where they got to play as a 'team'.

I guess I've been living the dream for the last 3 years then.

You know what you have to do in your heart of hearts - tell your employer you're taking a month of paid / unpaid leave or you're gonna have to resign.

Nothing should get in the way of live World Cup action for the resident BF T20 correspondent!

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems like the squad they have picked was the backbone of the 50 over World Cup success last year.

I didnt mind that squad for that format. But the 50 over game is alot different to the 20 over game. I think Australia might get found out, as I dont think this squad has played alot together in this format of the game. Think the series win in NZ this year, was probably a rare series where they got to play as a 'team'.
From a fast bowling perspective - it's crazy to think that Cummins, Starc & Hazlewood have played the last 9 tests, all but one of the 11 ODI WC games & potentially most of this upcoming T20 WC together in the same line up.

interesting to note we keep coming back to the same players, even though many are tried in between world cups.

we've now only selected 19 players in the last 3 20/20 world cups - the current 15 + finch, smith, swepson and kane richo.

From a fast bowling perspective - it's crazy to think that Cummins, Starc & Hazlewood have played the last 9 tests, all but one of the 11 ODI WC games & potentially most of this upcoming T20 WC together in the same line up.

Also 8 of the 9 fast bowling slots in our last three world cup/championship winning sides (Boland over Hazlewood in the WTC final the only change).

Back