I'm Rohan Connolly, Ask Me Anything! (Friday Midday) - Thanks Rohan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are journos so passive and submissive in post game press conferences with coaches?

He's gone now, but when a man like Mick Malthouse and others proceed to humiliate and belittle you because you're doing your job. Why don't you guys just tell them to "answer the question and cut out the s**t..." ? You're grown men and women, why do you allow the coaches to speak to you that way? Are there consequences and repercussions to standing up to them?

Why are journos so passive and submissive in post game press conferences with coaches?

He's gone now, but when a man like Mick Malthouse and others proceed to humiliate and belittle you because you're doing your job. Why don't you guys just tell them to "answer the question and cut out the s**t..." ? You're grown men and women, why do you allow the coaches to speak to you that way? Are there consequences and repercussions to standing up to them?

What do you think mate?

Do you agree with most people that Richmond are the biggest joke of a club over the last 30 years or could you mount a case for St Kilda despite them making GFs only to fail hilariously every time?

Also, given that someone with a head like Jake Niall's can now get a regular gig on Fox Footy, is there any chance we might see your good self make the transition to tv in the near future?

Rohan, the BigFooty history threads in the last few months have revealed that hundreds of errors exist in the early VFL career records e.g players who are not listed by correct name, plus other various matters e.g. the mythical Champion of the Colony award.

Are all members of the AFL media "press pass set"
so beholden to the AFL that they refuse to expose the facts to a wider audience ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoCo, on average how many games per week do the average media personalities and journalists watch? I gather a significant amount still make comment on various topics despite not watching all 9 games when you would believe they would have the ability to do so.

Do you agree with most people that Richmond are the biggest joke of a club over the last 30 years or could you mount a case for St Kilda despite them making GFs only to fail hilariously every time?

Also, given that someone with a head like Jake Niall's can now get a regular gig on Fox Footy, is there any chance we might see your good self make the transition to tv in the near future?

Roco is a TV veteran.

I've asked this on your Twitter page before, but why do you get into s**tfights with Joe Public on Twitter about stuff not usually related with footy? I mean, of course you're allowed to, but perhaps it'd be better to make a separate account for footy stuff, then have a personal one? I dunno, up to you of course, but it makes me cringe every time I see it.

And also, I second the question about advice for anyone trying to get into the sports media industry :)

Cheers mate!

Hi Rohan, how does it feel sharing the same profession as a drunken moron Mark Robinson?

Rohan, you probably won't want to answer this. Not honestly at least, but...

Are you embarrassed that Mark Robinson is your peer? Does it bother you that you and he are considered colleagues within your industry?

Common theme...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back