Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton

I watched this show last night and she avoided answering every question they threw at her.

If that is the best she has to offer, then she is just in the job for lip-service, sadly there is no substance to the woman.

Isn't that what an AFL executive does?

Needs time but has been a shaky start.

Shouldn’t have to be answering to all umpiring and mrp decisions though. Her remit is too big to get involved in all of it.

Not a fan of the draw she signed off on though. That’s a big miss early.

Player movement and Tassie draft compo should be big on her agenda this year. Critical she gets this right for the new team and the rest of the comp.

She had me off side pretty quickly last season. The way she came in trying to throw her weight around acting like she was some type of saviour. it's the whole "respect is earned not given" not from her peers but the fans
Yeah she worked her way from clubland but the general fan had no idea who she is.
Has no regard for the game of Aussie rules. It's all business.
All Imo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe her job is not important at all? and others are making the decisions while she's just presenting them..
I couldn't believe the AFL hired her after her performance at North, taking them to the wooden spoon and keeping them there (not all her doing, but she played her part)

I watched this show last night and she avoided answering every question they threw at her.

If that is the best she has to offer, then she is just in the job for lip-service, sadly there is no substance to the woman.
Yeh it was a pretty bland interview, they never quite pressed her where they could have, perhaps an understanding they didn't want to go to far in the first interview.

Also she basically said:
-they won't change rules during the season (unless it was a significant safety issue)
-they will remove the warning for the 6-6-6 rule this coming off-season

Will be watching those two things closely to see if her words carry any substance

My favourite quote of hers was when she said they needed a greater diversity amongst the umpires...
Yeh I queried that a bit, what we need is a greater quality and consistency among umpires, in whatever way shape or form that takes place. But of course it'll be the PC priorities that take precedence over positioning umpires based on merit...

Also I really wished they pressed her over this bullshit of removing AFL player weights, which IMO is completely driven by removing them in the women's game as more important but they need it to he the same across leagues to avoid being called out

Just another one from the VAFA-AFL purple circle. The fact she’s a woman is a bit of a cover for that, people focus on it, when it is irrelevant. What matters is the AFL continues to be run and handed down among a tight little circle of people who have a very limited set of skills and experience.

Yeh I queried that a bit, what we need is a greater quality and consistency among umpires, in whatever way shape or form that takes place. But of course it'll be the PC priorities that take precedence over positioning umpires based on merit...
Shes very PC heavy. God help us all off she sticks around and becomes the successor to Dillon. She's a bit out of her depth now let alone the top job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back