No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3

"Laura's experience, expertise, temperament and resilience, paired with building a team of additional key football talent, is the right mix to lead the football department. As someone who was involved in both the day to day day operations and strategic planning of an AFL men's program and also a key part of North Melbourne's successful bid for an AFLW team, Laura has brought to the AFL a keen sense of club experience and knowledge of the impact of AFL decisions.

Not sure if I can see how Geelong benefit this time around, what will the naysayers use as bait now?! :D

The funny thing is this will shouted down by boomer types as “diversity madness!” etc… when really, they could not have picked anybody less diverse.

She’s a lawyer from the AFL with a VAFA background. Shes just another Gillon / Dillon.
& the Commission have rubber stamped it, there is your clean bill of health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She’s on tv now and she’s garbage.
Triggered hard by the “we have to consider the broadcasters” line wrt Goal Reviews. And: “what if mark of the year was taken on a kickout?”

* the broadcasters, what about the fans you flog.
And no one over the age of 7 cares about Mark of the Year. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤮🤮🤮🤮

The funny thing is this will shouted down by boomer types as “diversity madness!” etc… when really, they could not have picked anybody less diverse.

She’s a lawyer from the AFL with a VAFA background. Shes just another Gillon / Dillon.

But don't you see the only types of diversity that matters are gender and skin colour...?

Diversity of thoughts and opinions are meaningless.

Who does she support? Need something to build conspiracy theories on. But seriously must have a brain the size of a planet to get this gig, this isn't window dressing, fair play to her. Didn't love her answers about goal review though.

So after another exhausting search the AFL has found the best candidate for a vacancy is someone who was working there all along.

I haven’t got an MBA but I'm guessing none of them include a unit on what happens to ruling families after generations of inbreeding.

We’re not talking about the CFO or head of marketing.

If not from Aussie Rules, from which other background do you believe we should have recruited the ‘Head of football’?

And if it had been from NFL, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, do you think there would have been universal applause at the innovation?

If not from Aussie Rules, from which other background do you believe we should have recruited the ‘Head of football’?

And if it had been from NFL, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, do you think there would have been universal applause at the innovation?

Was her time at North Melbourne successful ?

I didnt say she shouldn't be from an AFL background, I suggested that maybe they should have got someone who didn't already work for the AFL. Someone from one of the clubs. Particularly after the new CEO also being from inside AFL House, as was the man he's replacing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back