News Andrew Dillon appointed new AFL chief executive

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Brendon Gale ever a chance?

Wouldn't have minded him in the chair.

No. Potentially was the best fit to takeover, but apparently there are some very specific reasons why it was never going to happen (at least this time round).

Was Brendon Gale ever a chance?

Wouldn't have minded him in the chair.

Some in the media have insinuated the back chat coming out from Richmond during the pandemic years turned them off.
Can't ever imagine someone like Gale doing that though as he's often very composed and a level headed individual, even as a footballer.

No. Potentially was the best fit to takeover, but apparently there are some very specific reasons why it was never going to happen (at least this time round).
Caro alluded to problems with RFC in the Covid hub in 2020, whatever they were. Surely he will have a major role with the new Tasmanian club, if he wants it

An APS Old Boy handing the baton over to another APS Old Boy.
Given the state of RU and what Cricket's doing to itself I see a problem here.

Dillon is really highly qualified, he played, coached, ran ozkicks throughout his life and has been in all the key areas in AFL house, so knows how the whole ecosystem works. A very smart guy. I think he will be a very good CEO.

I liked the idea of an outsider coming in to shake things up a bit though and you couldn't ask for a more qualified candidate than Brendan Gale in that respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dillon is really highly qualified, he played, coached, ran ozkicks throughout his life and has been in all the key areas in AFL house, so knows how the whole ecosystem works. A very smart guy. I think he will be a very good CEO.

I liked the idea of an outsider coming in to shake things up a bit though and you couldn't ask for a more qualified candidate than Brendan Gale in that respect.

What's up Dillzy

International sport v local - long bow.
Obviously I'm speaking domestically.
e.g. Cricket is certainly not an upper class sport in India, kids play it anywhere they can find a patch of flat ground

Throw in Andrew Gowers and Dan Richardson
5fb372ad7b1360e8875a9176_jars.png

The boys club comes through again.
Michael Warner named him the moment Gil announced he was leaving. Was always going to be a Boys Club appointment, AFL just needed to blow $1 mill on recruitment consultancy to "legitimise" the decision.

We so need some fresh faces on the AFL Commission, Andrew Ireland should be a shoe in and Eddie Maguire NEVER considered given his dreadful track record of the past decade.

Michael Warner named him the moment Gil announced he was leaving. Was always going to be a Boys Club appointment, AFL just needed to blow $1 mill on recruitment consultancy to "legitimise" the decision.

We so need some fresh faces on the AFL Commission, Andrew Ireland should be a shoe in and Eddie Maguire NEVER considered given his dreadful track record of the past decade.

The Commission needs a broom through it to include on field experience in the national competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back