In 5 years time, our most important player will be...

Remove this Banner Ad

barmy44

BigFooty Guy
May 14, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, England Test Team, Sturt
prediction thread, and obviously only based on those we have seen so far.

im calling travis varcoe.

been watching some replays (instead of studying for my exams :eek:) and he is just every where. just watched him deliver it into fifty against the swans, and when the goal was kicked from the square, he was the only other geelong player (other than the scorer, chapman) in view.

phenomenal workrate, obvious magic, and just seems to want to do well.

watch out when this guy consistently believes in himself. he will do #5 proud.

who else do you guys see?

I'm still hoping it's going to be Tomahawk.

A big imposing roaming CHF 'take the game by the scruff of the neck' type player.

51.gif

Not a bad call , if he can mirror Ablett and increase his work rate.

Perhaps , I would look at it like this . Who is our most important now. Ablett is our best player but I think we can win without him. Im not sure we could say the same about Mooney or Scarlett. So , and of course its a fools job because someone always pops up that isn't even on our list , I'd say it will be the two men who replace these players , probably Hawkins and Taylor.

Agree Barmy, I love Varcoe now, and in 5 years, hoping he's our best #5 ever. Has he signed up with us again? Notice on other sites, people are starting to rate him highly.

Worry that Hawkins will be unable to handle large workloads, and may be another Ottens, hence his value will be less than we hope for.

By then, Varcoe jnr may be the real deal, but my pick is Travis easily.

Gillies. With Scarlett gone, and Gillies playing very similar to the great man, I can see him being a very important cog to our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Selwood / Harry Taylor / Travis Varcoe / Tom Hawkins
Sel...nuff said!
Harry to become the phenominal Defender Scarlo is...
Varcoe to become the elite small forward of the comp...
Hawk to become the most feared KPF in the comp...

Could probably add Duncan to the list aswell!!

me.

if these rugby boys can get a game without ever playing footy, combined with the JPod showing older recruits can work, then surely my years toiling away in the WAAFL will lead to me being picked up this year. Of course in 5 years i will be 34, so i will just be camping in the goal square using my massive 175cm frame to outmark Dustin Fletcher, who will still be playing from his wheelchair. :thumbsu:

GAJ, he'll be kicking ten goals a game from FF.

Or... Mitch Duncan, will be Buckley like...

The question is: In 5 years time who will be "our" best player?

GAJ will not be wearing a Cats jumper next year or in 5 years time.

Mitch Brown.

He has to be. No one Ablett aged to take over from Otto/Pods/Moons.) We cant trade for one, and we can afford to only have recently drafted forwards in the next few years if we are capable of snagging one last flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back