Strategy Increased Professionalism Now A Key Objective

Remove this Banner Ad

dont think Mick or the Club needs to 'change' the culture.

Mick needs to help find the Culture CFC once had

the culture that dished him up a loss in a grand final when he was playing
the culture that instilled fear in opposition players and supporters
when he first started coaching he feared the Blues
even when he coached WC, the blues gave him sleepless nights
he has enough pain to draw on.

tell them Mick, what we were and will be again...
its there under a couple of coats of paint
its there in the middle of the ground at night

sit them in the rooms (i know they are new and not the same)
and tell them of the names that sat where they are now
make them feel it
make them earn
and if 20 more need to go then so be it

but take us back to when the blues were feared
make them believe

don't change, FIND

WTF? It's 2015 and we're talking about focusing on professionalism. What were we doing before? It's embarrassing.

Sure is. When I think about the amount of membership money I have put into that joint over the last 15 years, and the implication raised by this article that throughout the period the place lacked professionalism, I am disgusted.

We've seen a lot of fluff pieces coming out of Carlton, but this is pretty powerful. Speaks to the tone of this thread.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ch...blue-skies-ahead/story-fndv8f7j-1227205440453

You could tell in Judds interview On the Couch late last year that he sensed an awakening in attitude with our Club.

I'm still not convinced. Repetitive, consistent actions will assist convincing.

But there is hope, where there has been virt none for well over a decade.

“But having come back I’m now just really glad I made the decision and have another chance to play with the guys for at least another year".

I'm a human being, Juddy. I have emotions. Stop toying with me!

Hey, some 17 year old kid off the street with barely an education is gunna embrace a 6 figure wage for kicking a pumped up pigs arse through 2 lumps of wood, and tell me about professionalism....

I'm a self owned business down to 6 figure turnover in the last 3 years, paying wages to my loyal staff.

I'll turn up and kick the kids arse when he stuffs up.

We've seen a lot of fluff pieces coming out of Carlton, but this is pretty powerful. Speaks to the tone of this thread.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ch...blue-skies-ahead/story-fndv8f7j-1227205440453

You could tell in Judds interview On the Couch late last year that he sensed an awakening in attitude with our Club.

I'm still not convinced. Repetitive, consistent actions will assist convincing.

But there is hope, where there has been virt none for well over a decade.
I reckon we are good to go. We may have lost Waite, but we have 3 quality tall forwards of age (above 23) for the time since pre-2000's I would have thought. That is the right age for those players to be able to handle themselves physically against the more seasoned defenders of the league. Each of them has a different attribute which makes us really hard to match up against. Hendo wont take an overpowering defender because they will go to Casboult so hes gonna be able to wrestle now. Casboult has equally been building his tank and will be able to start burning off the big defenders that go to him, whilst Liam Jones has been taking on the best KPD of every team with no support which will have been great training for him as a 22 y.o. going at it alone. You don't think hes not going to be stronger for it, as well as relishing the opportunity to take the opponents 3rd best tall and not be able to exploit that with what he has learnt, as well as a lot less stress on his shoulders?

Kreuzer and Thomas with full pre seasons will go straight to the middle whereas Kreuzer didnt play at all and Thomas had to play out of the forward line.

The defenders are settled now and thats what you want in having a back 6 that has worked with each other for a full year and know each other and what they are going to do inside and out.

Judd sensed an awakening at the club and besides the Port game we all felt that turn around. With nothing to play for we took it to within 2 goals of the teams that finished in the 3rd - 7th bracket and I seriously think people are underestimating what our turn around will be this year.

Half the team went through off season surgeries last year. This year I counted 3 (Walker, Giles, Jaksch). That means fitness and competition for spots, and that is only going to mean the players are going to push each other harder to be the person that gets that spot in the 22.

The slogan won't be "They know we're coming", itll be "They don't know we're coming".

To back the first paragraph up, at the crows Walsh has stated that ex-hawk Cheney has been the standout in understanding the team defence structures he's trying to put in place.

They've certainly put most of the competition to shame these last few years.

The slogan won't be "They know we're coming", itll be "They don't know we're coming".
giphy.gif

200.gif

Malthouse teams in the past had one defining characteristic, they were like army corps - hard, disciplined, united, driven, selfless, relentless

It has taken Mick 2 years to clean the slate and get the sort of list he wants
The list will need to be fortified in coming years to make it even better

www.army.gov.au says
A corps is a large formation or an administrative grouping of troops within an armed force with a common function.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back