Inspirational videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure many have seen this one on youtube, if not the other few like it. I loved this when I saw it and I showed it to some americans in a gaming modification community.

|--This is AFL football--|

I think that most highlight videos made from AFL video or w/e aren't always more than just a montage of stuff and no through message or "tone" to really lift it beyond slapping clips together.

I've thought long about gathering footage and making my own inspirational videos like the above. There are a couple of others on youtube to promote the game but usually rely too much on one era or TV station's games. And often shows a couple of the uploaders player bias as opposed to nation wide consensus on the stars and great plays.

The little promos on 7 and fox are sometimes amazingly done, epic compilations of a contest/narrative. These are never put on youtube by fans. I've never recorded any on a DVR so I cannot access them to use. Some may also argue they are over processed with after effects-like mofication.

And coming back from ads since the HD era we've seen lots of slow mo stuff at the breaks. None of which I've seen anywhere in raw form captured as was. Mostly it's been put into a video of someones own.

To think there are literally 1000's of ours of footage since 2002 that could be used for slow mo/multiple angles of amazing plays and goals and marks and tackles and bumps put into videos is slightly depressing no one is REALLY using it; beyond showing a single players highlights in a coverage game and some minor promos that are throwaway in the grand scheme of archiving.

Seems a waste like the industry is teasing us with these little snippets of quality and what they are capable of producing but not giving a 2 or 3 hour epic to devour.

I don't so much care about historical docos on the game because the footage is so poor and impersonal and incondusive to a modern facility that videos can be these days.

And extreme slow-mo which Ten first did, and then 7 for 2010 has gone away. Which is a shame because crowd reaction in extreme slo-mo is amazing.

1. Does anyone on BF record entire coverages or just the quarters of footy for collecting?
2. Does anyone else feel a sense of pride when they see a really well made video? that isn't just about a specific game or goal or fancy promo.
3. Why in the hell is the 2010 GF the only one to really give full HD broadcasting a shot?
4. Before someone says buy a season hilights video each year.... I don't think they are that good. Though it would be an easyish way to get a lot of this footage I'd love to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back