Interesting stat about Essendon's support in Primary schools

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget about fabulous phil LD he condones drug taking in sport,so his opinion counts for little apart from the head in sand brigade.
It's an interesting insight into the general populace in that most kids/parents think the actions of the EFC are vile and should not be promoted or worshipped.
I also have firsthand knowledge of the trend in bomber support showing that it is swiftly declining.
Thanks for sharing this very relevant information that shows families will not tolerate blatant cheating,lying and abhorrent guinea pig drug testing/use in our young sportspeople.:thumbsu:

Forget about fabulous phil LD he condones drug taking in sport,so his opinion counts for little apart from the head in sand brigade.
It's an interesting insight into the general populace in that most kids/parents think the actions of the EFC are vile and should not be promoted or worshipped.
I also have firsthand knowledge of the trend in bomber support showing that it is swiftly declining.
Thanks for sharing this very relevant information that shows families will not tolerate blatant cheating,lying and abhorrent guinea pig drug testing/use in our young sportspeople.:thumbsu:

No, no, it is you that condones drug taking in sport

So going off these stats Bulldogs should have the most supporters in Australia in the future?

This is what your getting at yes, these stats prove that Essendon are losing support?

I think we'll be fine, but thanks for asking the kids.

You claimed first, what ya got ?.
Look fabadooda,I admire your distaste for authority I really do,unfortunately your hunger to cloud EFC's drug programme and subsequent investigation with a political conspirators angle leaves me no other reason to believe you support EFC's drug regime.
Sorry pal,broad brush and all.

Not legit until you ban the kids from watching any football until we are kicked out of the competition.

Look fabadooda,I admire your distaste for authority I really do,unfortunately your hunger to cloud EFC's drug programme and subsequent investigation with a political conspirators angle leaves me no other reason to believe you support EFC's drug regime.
Sorry pal,broad brush and all.

And i have no admiration at all for someone who posts stuff like this .....
.:thumbsu:
...when it is patently untrue.

I would be keeping a close eye on the only year 5 boy in 2013 that barracked for GWS, he actually must have turned 4 other kids because in 2014 5 kids barracked for GWS.

This is how it starts you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would have been interesting is to see how many kids barracked for Brisbane during the 3 peat, i suspect there is where your real answer lies.

It is not all about the kiddies, didn't Essendons membership go up this year ?.

Ah yes, backs to the wall, the true believers digging deep to help the club out.

Anybody who thinks this saga isn't going to hurt the Bombers' bottom line long term is kidding themselves. It might not make a huge dint, but it'll leave a mark.

Ah yes, backs to the wall, the true believers digging deep to help the club out.

Anybody who thinks this saga isn't going to hurt the Bombers' bottom line long term is kidding themselves. It might not make a huge dint, but it'll leave a mark.

Probably, but if you look at these stats, you will discover that in 2010 the bulk of Essendon fans were in years 4,5 and 6 by 2014 all those kids had left primary and the number of Essendon fans had shrunk, nothing or very little to do with the supplements scandal.

Totally cyclical IMO, some years have more redheads than others.

St Kildas support has shrunk 300% in the same time, ...schoolgirl scandal you reckon ?.

So going off these stats Bulldogs should have the most supporters in Australia in the future?

Not at all. Bulldogs support has dropped 10% over 4 years and we are smack in the middle of bulldogs territory. Indicates that support for bulldogs is dropping in their heartland.

This is what your getting at yes, these stats prove that Essendon are losing support?

Not prove. Just indicate whats happening in the 5-12 year old age group and how aware they are of current situation. I also thought it was interesting to share.

I think we'll be fine, but thanks for asking the kids.

Another smart alec. I would say ' your welcome' but I didn't ask the kids for you /QUOTE]

Nah. I'd say the fact they were playing in grand finals and now they are wooden spoons has something to do with their diminishing support
Also would show how quickly things change too; nothing against kids in this one. But their minds generally change often, as you said with success is one. Essendon have not been in finals contention for a while (not to bat deep into finals)

Would be interesting to see how much it would change if Essendon had a few solid years in finals again.

I remember there were always some kids at schools back in my day that changed teams every year.

Nah. I'd say the fact they were playing in grand finals and now they are wooden spoons has something to do with their diminishing support

Exactly, and the same thing will happen to any club that goes from top of the pops to the doghouse( Collingwood is the oulier over a extended period of time)

You would be suprised how bad peoples memories are, thats partly why murderers etc are paroled early.

You would be very suprised at how many people under the age of 25 have not even heard of the Birnies in Perth who were sadistic serial killers in the 1980's.

Essendons real or perceived crimes will be forgotten quickly for better or worse.

At the end of the day Essendons support and future support will not skip a beat on the back of this.

My kids know that Essendon are drug cheats and that they tried to build up their muscles in a way that all the other teams were not allowed to.

This gets spread through the school very quickly.

Carlton lost a generation of supporters as a result of salary cap cheating.

Essendon will lose a generation of supporters as a result of drug cheating.

My 6 year old son cannot stand Essendon.

Doesn't take much for kids to pick it up. They pick it up when you mention drug cheats when Essendon are playing, you then explain that they took drugs to gain unfair advantage by taking banned substances.

Doesn't take much, unfair on the kids. Essendon aren't setting a very good example for the next generation

I am also a teacher.

My kids know I support Essendon so give me some grief about it. The Kids that already support Essendon still do so but I am sure younger kids may be turned off by parent chatter.

However most kids (under 15) either support

A) Who their parents support
B) Who is winning

It will be interesting to see if this affects the older teenagers as this is where most kids tend to strengthen their ties to one club.

Indeed Carlton had a surge after the salary cap fiasco as supporters wanted to ensure their club survived. Doubt the trend would have remained had the members left Elliott in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back