Interesting stat about Essendon's support in Primary schools

Remove this Banner Ad

London Docker

Debutant
Mar 20, 2008
LdN
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not too sure this board or the HTB is the right place so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm a primary school teacher and have just completed footy survey about which team the students go for. Interesting to note the slide in Essendon's support compared to previous years.

2010 - 61 kids Ranked 2nd
2013 - 43 kids Ranked 5th
2014 - 36 kids Ranked 7th

I know it is a small sample size (approx 600 kids) however it really did jump out at me. in addition I've had several children tell me the reason they don't support them is due to the the drugs. as these kids will be the ones buying memberships in 10-15 years, the pain of this whole debacle may linger on for a long time.

In our day at Glenfairy PS James Hird was the messiah and also Essendon was the cool team. Was also the time that smack shitheads were going crazy. Good to see that this group have learnt that junkies and gear are abominable, Essendon are a poor organisation administratively and hird is a witch doctor cult leader.

Not too sure this board or the HTB is the right place so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm a primary school teacher and have just completed footy survey about which team the students go for. Interesting to note the slide in Essendon's support compared to previous years.

I know it is a small sample size (approx 600 kids) however it really did jump out at me. in addition I've had several children tell me the reason they don't support them is due to the the drugs. as these kids will be the ones buying memberships in 10-15 years, the pain of this whole debacle may linger on for a long time.

Would be interesting to see the clubs who have risen in popularity and then look at their relative success that year/year before. Seems like a gradual decline (hard to say given you are missing 2 years as well).

Just goes to show kids shouldn't be given choice really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you know 86% of all statistics are made up
89% of the worlds population make less money than 95% of Americans.
67% of people with a diploma can't pass a GED
76% of the world has tried illegal drugs

Did you know 86% of all statistics are made up
89% of the worlds population make less money than 95% of Americans.
67% of people with a diploma can't pass a GED
76% of the world has tried illegal drugs

Another smart alec. I can assure you that i didn't sit at home and just make up random statistics to post on big footy. Thanks for your insightful contribution

City and suburb?

Interesting numbers Love to see the whole table of all clubs for those years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back